Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

How has the formation worked?? Lol 

Very good question! How you go in with the most defensive lineup you can muster, away from home, no pace to catch them out on the counter attack, and are 2-0 up before half time against a traditionally defensively shrewd team, I don't know!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TM has his doubts on here, me included in some of his team selections. However the job he is doing atm is incredible, and this team is playing for him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic first half. Everyone is performing to the best of their abilities. Stoke look very poor and slow. Their defence is big but not very mobile, if we play through them and use our pace we can make this a big win. Feels like a perfect game for the likes of Armstrong and Palmer, even Rothwell.

Their central midfielder that was supposed to be man marking Dack got a yellow very early on, so I think that will continue to work to our advantage. Dack should be afforded more space.

Both finishes were superbly taken by Dack and Graham. Smallwood has really turned my opinion around in the last few games. He struggled early on but he’s back to being the King again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played some great stuff, some great short passing but noticeably picking our moment to only play it long when something is on. I can honestly say I've never seen a Rovers team work this hard, it makes me really proud to see.

 

What worries me is of we can keep it up for another 45 mins. They will go direct with Crouch and I think we'll struggle with that, he always seems to score.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This 4-4-1-1 is working a treat. What a performance. Smallwood sitting deep and Evans now allowed to pressure higher up, protected by Reed and Benno the flanks.

Strolled this so far.

DG rolling back the years here.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont think we have been THAT good. Hard working as always. Lucky bounce and finish on Dacks goal. Grahams goal was class. Apart from that I dont think we have created a chance (neither have Stoke). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gogger said:

Dont think we have been THAT good. Hard working as always. Lucky bounce and finish on Dacks goal. Grahams goal was class. Apart from that I dont think we have created a chance (neither have Stoke). 

And I thought I was harsh 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neal said:

Played some great stuff, some great short passing but noticeably picking our moment to only play it long when something is on. I can honestly say I've never seen a Rovers team work this hard, it makes me really proud to see.

 

What worries me is of we can keep it up for another 45 mins. They will go direct with Crouch and I think we'll struggle with that, he always seems to score.

Indeed he's scored in each of his last 6 games against Rovers, 8 goals in total.

It's a worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neal said:

Played some great stuff, some great short passing but noticeably picking our moment to only play it long when something is on. I can honestly say I've never seen a Rovers team work this hard, it makes me really proud to see.

 

What worries me is of we can keep it up for another 45 mins. They will go direct with Crouch and I think we'll struggle with that, he always seems to score.

Crouch on the bench is a worry. I see them hurting us from set pieces if we give them the opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DE. said:

What is going on here?

We've finally done what we should have done in most of our previous games and finished clinically. :goal::goal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the quality of that stoke squad must be something wrong there. That said I picture them flying out of the traps 2nd half and winning. I’m sure crouch will be on to score against us. Done it for 3 different clubs so he likes us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matt83 said:

With the quality of that stoke squad must be something wrong there. That said I picture them flying out of the traps 2nd half and winning. I’m sure crouch will be on to score against us. Done it for 3 different clubs so he likes us.

 

Squads equally as good as that have come down and suffered, the thing is they think they will walk it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.