BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The flaw is in the first half of your opening sentence. I’d guess the deal is aimed at the much larger group not on your list - the infrequent attenders.

Disagree.

I think lapsed attendees over the last 10 years outweigh the current infrequent pay on the day customers.

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Disagree.

I think lapsed attendees over the last 10 years outweigh the current infrequent pay on the day customers.

I’m sure I read somewhere that the 2,000 walk one are far from being the same 2000 each week. Which helps explain why the rovers database of buyers could fill Ewood twice over.

Plus it’s a waste of time and effort to try and persuade boycotters and never attenders as price is not their barrier.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that the 2,000 walk one are far from being the same 2000 each week. Which helps explain why the rovers database of buyers could fill Ewood twice over.

Plus it’s a waste of time and effort to try and persuade boycotters and never attenders as price is not their barrier.

But over the years the number of lapsed attendees must be huge. I'd imagine it's more than the number of walk ons, even if they are different people each games.

The deal in itself may be ok for some, but it's still a big single outlay and doesn't try and bring in new fans, which has to be the long term fans.

I imagine you'll hardly see an increase on the back of this deal.

Edited by Hasta

This “super” deal just underlines the fact that Waggott doesn’t believe in ticket offers.

Bolton, Wigan and Preston are games we should be including in a multi deal ticket at £10 each, at the same time allowing us to charge the opposition the normal match day price.

We should be getting folks in for a play-off push, not getting suckers to commit their cash and just see out the season.

19 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve nothing against the deal, a quarter season ticket is a good idea, but I personally don’t think an offer that costs between £17 and £23 a match is one that will do much for a mid table side.

What else could we do? Cheap one off games that aren’t connected to ‘bring a mate’ or with other strings attached. Make it an attractive, Saturday 3pm match. 

Though for me they can undercut my season ticket with pleasure, and they have in the past, I’m sure I can remember ‘3 games for £30’ offers in the past - bums on seats all the way for me.

£17 a game for Championship football is a good deal. I don’t seriously think you can expect the club to charge less for a consecutive run of games.

Find it slightly ironic that some of the posters who criticise the club’s lack of transfer activity are also having a pop at ticket prices. If you want dirt cheap tickets then you can’t expect us to be competitive in the market.

• Like 2

It is a good deal that’s why the vast majority of our support consists of season ticket holders taking advantage of said price. I’m glad they do a half and now quarter version.

My point being, you are not going to get many takers for a quarter season ticket to watch a mid table team when the kind of fans that will commit to such deals are pretty much signed up already. Though we go on a good run through Feb and we may get more signing up.

The floating fan is exactly that, they don’t have the time or commitment to sign up for multi game tickets, so one off games at a good price (no strings attached) are something else the club should offer.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

£17 a game for Championship football is a good deal. I don’t seriously think you can expect the club to charge less for a consecutive run of games.

Find it slightly ironic that some of the posters who criticise the club’s lack of transfer activity are also having a pop at ticket prices. If you want dirt cheap tickets then you can’t expect us to be competitive in the market.

I don't think there is any club in the upper echelons of English football who rely on income through the gates to finance new signings where a fee is involved. They rely more on TV money, commercial income, sponsorships and owner benevolence. The vast majority of posts I read are about trying to put bums on seats which invariably would lead to increases in match day income.

Mowbray had money to spend in January and had money left over from August. He chose not to bring new players in because they didn't represent value for money, something which I agree with him about.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

That makes no sense. Rovers didn't spend because Mowbray chose not to. The money was there, Mowbray said so. In fact most of the 'complaints' came because we'd spent too much money on a 19 year old who isn't much cop (yet ?)

Ticket prices obviously have no bearing on our transfer activity.

As for £17 being a good price, I agree it's decent. But people aren't being asked to pay £17, they are being asked to pay £99+. For 6 probably mid-table games with nowt much riding on them it is a poor deal lacking in any imagination.  I'd imagine the take up will be minimal, like for the rest of the 'deals' that the club have done (except one).

The problem is that some ST holders will grumble at anything that undercuts the price they have to pay. Waggott in that regard has his hands tied to a certain extent. @chaddyrovers post above is typical of the mentality of some people. As an ST holder I personally couldn't give a toss. Give me a full ground rather than the knowledge I'm getting the cheapest deal in town. The occasional £10 ticket deal to attract people back to the club is not going to have me raging against the (ticket) machine ?

Waggott needs to up his game if he wants to 'build a club'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It is a good deal that’s why the vast majority of our support consists of season ticket holders taking advantage of said price. I’m glad they do a half and now quarter version.

My point being, you are not going to get many takers for a quarter season ticket to watch a mid table team when the kind of fans that will commit to such deals are pretty much signed up already. Though we go on a good run through Feb and we may get more signing up.

The floating fan is exactly that, they don’t have the time or commitment to sign up for multi game tickets, so one off games at a good price (no strings attached) are something else the club should offer.

it shouldn't where Rovers are in the league if the club matters to you surely? 

we been on a good run until last week. 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

it shouldn't where Rovers are in the league if the club matters to you surely? 

we been on a good run until last week. 

You continuously seem to miss the fact that not everyone is a diehard fan with Rovers as top priority, as @Mattyblue mentions. Those who the club matters most to have already got tickets so their attendance is irrelevant.

You also seem to take this fact as an insult towards Mowbray and the team.

The club can either do one of 2 things. Embrace the fact that there are different types of fans, some of whom dont consider Rovers to be a top priority, accept that it will be more difficult to get them through the turnstiles and do its best to go out of its way with clever deals and policies to get them in regardless. Or stick its nose up at those who arent "true fans" in their eyes, attach the blame onto them and settle for the diehards who will go regardless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Do you think that the club is being run on money made from ticket sales??! Oh dear.

If it was then we wouldn’t be paying fees for anyone! Plus, you can’t waste £7m then say we have to increase ticket prices because we are skint. That’s literally ripping off fans to pay millionaires!

Under Venkys we have spent money; bought badly; sold players for big sums; been relegated twice; paid off millions to players and managers; we are in huge debt heading towards £200m despite our squad (and wages) being progressively lower; lost 10,000 fans; and are now reliant on them for day-to-day survival.

We are currently in a bubble, where the budget for recruitment is solely down to Venkys and the decisions down to incumbent manager (and whichever agents have their claws in). It has jack-all to do with the number of tickets sold at current prices. In this artificial situation we need promotion and bringing back fans would help with that.

But no, let’s point the finger at fans who want Venkys to do the right thing by the club and the fans.

Now, if we were fan-owned and having to raise revenue through ticket sales and commercial opportunities I’d agree with you. We’d be in the third tier but hey-ho.

• Like 2

On 31/01/2019 at 20:25, AAK said:

But you didn't work sales when it comes to football fans did you. There are 3 massive examples of it working which have already been mentioned, Huddersfield, Bradford and forest, nearly 50% increase in attendances when charging way lower than they have before. Yes I accept it might not be what happens at rovers, but it was would certainly add a few thousand on. Who then might keep coming back, short term loss for long term gain.

I think it's a spurious argument to suggest because other products or business have increased prices Rovers should support that pricing by lowering match prices. Giving amoter business your profpit is the road to.ruin.

In my experience the promotions which work best are reward based, 3.for 2. Buying all.my Rovers my list.in December made me feel very good and cost less than £10

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You continuously seem to miss the fact that not everyone is a diehard fan with Rovers as top priority, as @Mattyblue mentions. Those who the club matters most to have already got tickets so their attendance is irrelevant.

The club can either do one of 2 things. Embrace the fact that there are different types of fans, some of whom dont consider Rovers to be a top priority, accept that it will be more difficult to get them through the turnstiles and do its best to go out of its way with clever deals and policies to get them in regardless. Or stick its nose up at those who arent "true fans" in their eyes, attach the blame onto them and settle for the diehards who will go regardless.

Ignore him. He knows damn well what he's doing and the board was much better without him during his ban. He doesn't even believe what he types, he just creams over the reaction. Sometimes I doubt whether he actually is a "diehard fan" and doesn't just stream it at home and pretends to be a super fan . The likes of Parson and yourself  blatantly do go to everything, but you aren't dicks about it. Can't say the same about him.

Edited by Reedy You're A Star
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

And rinse them for every penny

• Like 1

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

As for £17 being a good price, I agree it's decent. But people aren't being asked to pay £17, they are being asked to pay £99+. For 6 probably mid-table games with nowt much riding on them it is a poor deal lacking in any imagination.  I'd imagine the take up will be minimal, like for the rest of the 'deals' that the club have done (except one).

The problem is that some ST holders will grumble at anything that undercuts the price they have to pay. Waggott in that regard has his hands tied to a certain extent. @chaddyrovers post above is typical of the mentality of some people. As an ST holder I personally couldn't give a toss. Give me a full ground rather than the knowledge I'm getting the cheapest deal in town. The occasional £10 ticket deal to attract people back to the club is not going to have me raging against the (ticket) machine ?

Waggott needs to up his game if he wants to 'build a club'.

2 very good points there. A special offer now when there is nothing to play for. Would make sense if we had strengthened the squad and were genuine play-off contenders.

Secondly, in the past the club has referred to not wanting to offend existing season-ticket holders by making offers to non-season ticket holders.

Never understood such a curmudgeonly attitude personally.

Fill the ground and get the team going.

57 minutes ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

Ignore him. He knows damn well what he's doing and the board was much better without him during his ban. He doesn't even believe what he types, he just creams over the reaction. Sometimes I doubt whether he actually is a "diehard fan" and doesn't just stream it at home and pretends to be a super fan . The likes of Parson and yourself  blatantly do go to everything, but you aren't dicks about it. Can't say the same about him.

:lol:. was it? well I am back and from what I read the board wasn't any different. This is messagebaord for different opinions. 

I was there today. 

I have a season ticket and always will reedy. 

so please lets of pathetic childish comments. thankyou!

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think the price is major problem, its the lack of PL football and people who haven't been for while find other things to do.,

16.50 pounds per game is a great deal for the majority of people out there