BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

People on here think they're in on it, remember that part ownership @#/?? I think they are just incredibly stupid. Not sure where you've got 'outraged' from, I'm certainly not outraged. You aren't bright enough to have such a big mouth.

Balaji's best friend like one of the family, football investment funds popping up backed by who i wonder ? managers sacked out the blue then nearly always replaced by left field 30-1 shots. Players being signed from obscure places where Venkys just happen to have arms of their companies. Their financial input almost dries up the min the parachutes end, etc etc etc

Hardly surprising it's suspected at least one (big) one of them has been in bed with the 'partners' all along.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Bit excessive don't you think?

I was only asking why you sounded outraged at something thats been going on for 7yrs?

No I don't think so. Your initial comment was excessive, sarcastically asking where I'd been for 7 years. I'm not sure what you're talking about, how did I sound outraged?

Edited by RV Blue
  • Like 1

Out of interest after 5 games, how do fans generally feel about Mowbray now that the dust has settled a little bit, I know we can't judge him after 5 games, just asking what is the general feeling of him so far across the team performance, structure, him as an individual etc...Just genuinely interested!

Just now, roverstdt said:

Out of interest after 5 games, how do fans generally feel about Mowbray now that the dust has settled a little bit, I know we can't judge him after 5 games, just asking what is the general feeling of him so far across the team performance, structure, him as an individual etc...Just genuinely interested!

Doing a good job with what little he has, including the players. Long may it continue until summer.

• Like 2

So far so good. 

Team set up to a proper gameplan. Structure is better than most managers we had. 

9 points from 5 games has been good. 

His comments have been honest, simple and straight to the point..

Plus the fans at Ewood Park are right behind Mowbray. Sing his name during the game

Absolutely fantastic roverstdt, the points return is better than anyone could have imagined and that's all that matters at this stage really.

5 hours ago, roverstdt said:

The best manager/head coach that we have had since Big Sam. Good results so far. He has a great enthusiasm for the game and I enjoy listening or reading his comments.

With the Venkey factor I doubt if he will be at Rovers for long. I hope that I am wrong.

• Like 1

I just can't get past the nagging feeling that he's been brought in too late.

In normal circumstances, a draw at Norwich? Not the end of the world, we played well by all accounts, the team is improving, however due to the lateness of the change, is it two points that we will rue in May?

There will be bumps along the way with a new appointment, but the right man will get his ideas across over the long run, however there is no margin for error when you are brought in at the end of February.

Owen fecking Coyle! The 'owners' should follow Brian Clough's advise and sack Cheston and whoever else was involved in that disastrous appointment too.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, expatrover said:

As a matter of interest, does anybody know which agent represents TM ?..............

Whoever it is i bet he's heard of them if asked ! Would be no surprise to find they are connected to the usual underbelly either.

Just now, tomphil said:

Whoever it is i bet he's heard of them if asked ! Would be no surprise to find they are connected to the usual underbelly either.

Unfortunately most agents p in the same pot... There are some good ones out there who work well for clients and clubs but Rovers just get certain connected ones in the same ring..endorsed by bazzas friend perhaps 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

In normal circumstances, a draw at Norwich? Not the end of the world, we played well by all accounts, the team is improving, however due to the lateness of the change, is it two points that we will rue in May?

There will be bumps along the way with a new appointment, but the right man will get his ideas across over the long run, however there is no margin for error when you are brought in at the end of February.

Owen fecking Coyle! The 'owners' should follow Brian Clough's advise and sack Cheston and whoever else was involved in that disastrous appointment too.

I'm of the same view. I worry that despite Mowbray's good work so far that it will be too late. I think most people can see now that this squad is good enough and has been good enough all season to be better than bottom 3 Championship. Coyle actually deserves some credit for that as several of our better performers were recruited by him or given more opportunities under him (Guthrie) than previously.

The worst part of the whole thing if we go down will be knowing that we were good enough to survive, and have even ended up with a manager good enough to keep us up, but it came too late because of the terrible appointment of Coyle and sticking with him for far too long.

I can handle relegation if we're one of the worst sides in the league and the club has done everything to try and avoid it. But we haven't got one of the worst sides in the league, and the club certainly hasn't done everything it could to avoid this predicament.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Unfortunately our fate now largely rests in the hands of others. Coyle should never have been hired in the first place, but at the very least he should have been sacked before Christmas. Bowyer wasn't even given until the end of November in his final season. 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Feel the same, Mowbray has too much to do in the time given.

He'll pick up some good results but can't work miracles and there's is so little room for error.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That Paulo Jorge left in 2015? Ya, how did I miss that. I will need to take his poster down off my bedroom wall now. 

You are a true fan Athletes foot 

Morning paul 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Athlete said:

Unfortunately most agents p in the same pot... There are some good ones out there who work well for clients and clubs but Rovers just get certain connected ones in the same ring..endorsed by bazzas friend perhaps 

Certainly seems so it's almost as if the club has to be filled with 75% their clients one way or another.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2017 at 3:03 PM, Bigdoggsteel said:

Agents are a horrible aspect of modern football, no doubt about that. We got absolutely fleeced by them over the past 6 years, but there was a concentrated period when we were probably getting fleeced and signing more dross than anyone else. Venkys learnt an extremely costly lesson.

The unfortunate reality is that we will need to engage with agents to sign players going forward. There is no alternative. Picking and choosing agents isn't the answer either though. Number 1 is the focus on the right players we need to improve our squad and then work to deal with their agents. Every club is getting fleeced by them in one was or another. They are a horrible devious breed by and large though and a horrible by product of the money that has flooded the game. 

Even though I saw it before, reading that article is so depressing. It strikes me though that the one thing that Venkys really made a mess of was picking managers. If they had have gotten in a Mick MCarthy or a Warnock our first year in the Championship and given them the transfer reigns. I am pretty sure we would have been promoted in a similar fashion to Newcastle. So depressing. 

It should be about the players not the agency and right now we seem to be picking the "best" agency rather than the best possible players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Unfortunately our fate now largely rests in the hands of others. Coyle should never have been hired in the first place, but at the very least he should have been sacked before Christmas. Bowyer wasn't even given until the end of November in his final season. 

It seems some people just won't admit they cocked it right up. Seems to be another trait of the club these days.

19 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

1-Don't buy a football club when you know jack-sh1t about football 

2-Do not sack a respected coach and replace him with a coach recommended by an agent

3-Do not stick with that coach when it is obvious none of the fans want him and that he will relegate the team

4-Do not stick with him after relegation

5-Do not bring a Malaysian football pundit in as a global advisor

6-Throwing money into a relegated team does not guarantee promotion and will land you under FFP restrictions 

7-Get football people in and let them make football decisions (the Coyle appointment was an absolutely terrible decision, so I suppose you can't always trust "football people" either!)

I would say the above 7 points have been their key leanings 

Such compelling evidence, how could I ever have doubted you.