Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
arbitro

Championship season 2019-20

Recommended Posts

That is a stinkingly difficult August.

Any newly promoted club arrives playing out of its skin with a healthy away backing.

Brum home on Boxing Day not exactly an attractive fixture.

Could be finishing with three relegation six pointers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds first game on sky!

Be interesting estiny to see who is on more as a percentage of their leagues televised games Leeds or Salford 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom said:

Leeds first game on sky!

Be interesting estiny to see who is on more as a percentage of their leagues televised games Leeds or Salford 

Salford on the TV first weekend  already ...Sky announce 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, philipl said:

That is a stinkingly difficult August.

Any newly promoted club arrives playing out of its skin with a healthy away backing.

Brum home on Boxing Day not exactly an attractive fixture.

Could be finishing with three relegation six pointers...

It is what it is. West Brom might have a hangover from the play-offs and a new squad to bed in. There's logic behind it being better to play the favourites early. Fulham another unknown under new inexperienced management. No reason to believe that they will be particularly strong next season yet.

Brum at home will be another Waggott Category A game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opening day mouthwatering prospect. Battle of the inflated ego.

brentford( we think we’re brazil but actually one nothing) v Birmingham( the big club). El Classico. The players on show there’s him and him and is mate. Household names. Sell out guaranteed.  I’d send the Top commentary team Murphy, neville( either or both) with Owen just to do it justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Salford on the TV first weekend  already ...Sky announce 

It's amazing that within no time at all of the fixtures being announced Sky already have Class of '92 FC on their first live game. Interestingly the TV deal is for 20 League One and Two games to be broadcast live. I wonder how many of these will be used up on Class of '92.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's amazing that within no time at all of the fixtures being announced Sky already have Class of '92 FC on their first live game. Interestingly the TV deal is for 20 League One and Two games to be broadcast live. I wonder how many of these will be used up on Class of '92.

20 in total or 20 between both divisions? Seems very few

If it's 20 between both, Salford will be shown a minimum of 5 times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Decent Christmas program

Are they making another Only Fools and Horses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right then, who knows how to get tickets for Fulham away party boat? I’ve always wanted to do that, but I’ve struggled finding anything online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derby looking for a new manager, wonder if last season was their big chance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48755457 

Will end in tears this one. Lampard seems bright enough and could have the right stuff to make it as manager, but the Chelsea job next year would be tough for anyone, let alone for someone with zip experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes promoted clubs aren't ready or at least take time to get used to a higher level. Wolves in 2003 would be a clear case and while Rovers playing well was part of it they were completely off the pace in that 5-1 defeat. Of course there's a big difference between the jump they made and the one Charlton Athleic have made especially when they are somewhat used to the Championship as a club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Derby looking for a new manager, wonder if last season was their big chance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48755457 

Will end in tears this one. Lampard seems bright enough and could have the right stuff to make it as manager, but the Chelsea job next year would be tough for anyone, let alone for someone with zip experience.

The last few weeks have seen Uncle Harry and cousin Jamie pushing him in any media outlet that would listen to them. It's all set to fail with his inexperience, transfer embargo and aging team. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The last few weeks have seen Uncle Harry and cousin Jamie pushing him in any media outlet that would listen to them. It's all set to fail with his inexperience, transfer embargo and aging team. 

 

And all without Hazard! They'll be hoping that Man U, Spurs and Arsenal tread water next year, otherwise they could be a million miles away from where they're used to being. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The last few weeks have seen Uncle Harry and cousin Jamie pushing him in any media outlet that would listen to them. It's all set to fail with his inexperience, transfer embargo and aging team. 

 

At least with an embargo in place Uncle Harry won't be able to 'do his thing' with their transfers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, arbitro said:

The last few weeks have seen Uncle Harry and cousin Jamie pushing him in any media outlet that would listen to them. It's all set to fail with his inexperience, transfer embargo and aging team. 

 

I had it in my head he was a good u21 coach before Derby but can't find any trace. At least that would've added some logic to the Chelsea interest beyond 'club legend'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He probably does have to take it, but a De Matteo style quick sacking, you’d imagine (without the trophies)

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.