BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

8 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Club has confirmed that there'll be no further business so anyone, like me, waiting for, literally, an eleventh hour bombshell, can stop refreshing and get on with their weekend.

Mid table finish now confirmed, we can look forward to the 7 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats.

This really was our best chance since the Gestede/Rhodes/Bowyer flatter to de-season, to at least make a sustained challenge for 6th place. 

Night, team, don't flagellate yourselves for too much longer. Tomorrow's another (3 point???) day. Sleep well...

Speaking of Bowyer, see Utd are after Josh King, not good enough for Bowyers Rovers though.

Edited by USABlue

14 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Absolutely as depressing can be. What have those two donuts, Mowbray and Waggott been doing for the last month? We've lost our best player for a year. One of our central midfielders is out for the season. One of our better attacking players is out for a month. Our best left back is out for the season. Both our first choice centre halves are injury prone. We did the same last season and ended up short at the back. And not one person at the club has thought it would be a good idea to bring in someone to cover these situations. Every other team is strengthening. We are on the cusp of the play offs and not a hint of ambition. Nothing to get the supporters excited. It's a disgrace. Mowbray and his pal will trot out the same Groundhog Day excuses. Hard to negotiate; rubbish; every other club manages. It's boring. It's a joke. And it epitomises what a small time, low budget ambition less club we are. Someone needs to tell Mowbray what a shambles our recruitment process is. But I won't hold my breath.

Perfectly summed up. We really now need to do summat else til 3pm tomorra. Phones down, spare the torture.

5 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Did anyone really in their heart.think we would sign anyone?  The patter from Ewood was verbatim from last January.  Useless this management team, useless. Madison to Hull on LOAN?  How'd we miss that trick?

Not happy about how the window has gone but I'd imagine if you offered hull fans grosiki and bowen out and maddison in on loan they might not have been to impressed.

5 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Did anyone really in their heart.think we would sign anyone?  The patter from Ewood was verbatim from last January.  Useless this management team, useless. Madison to Hull on LOAN?  How'd we miss that trick?

In my heart, even with Mowbray in charge, I didn’t think we would sign nobody. The only club anywhere to not make one signing. I thought we’d have got a loanee in.

We are now totally reliant on Armstrong to score goals and Adarabioyo to keep our defence from crumbling.

7 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Speaking of Bowyer, see Utd are after Josh King, not good enough for Bowyers Rovers though.

Thought exactly the same.

...plus, his non-transfer or transfer late in the day will be spun into an excuse why we couldn't finalise business.  There's a bunch of lying, face-saving bastards in charge of our club (in my opinion).  

Edited by Pedro

• Backroom

When we were pushing for the playoffs in the 13/14 season we brought in Tom Cairney, Rudy Gestede and Craig Conway during the January window. Hard to imagine us ever doing business like that nowadays. 

4 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Speaking of Bowyer, see It's are after Josh King, not good enough for Bowyers Rovers though.

What a team that was. 

We have recruited some brilliant recruiting managers who just haven't been able to cut it tactically or motivationally. 

Having said that, King is one of the few big(ish) money departures from that team who've go on to further success, so maybe motivation wasn't a factor, and it was just a lack of confidence and risk-taking ambition that held Bowyer & co back....

Sound familiar, my furry groundhog friends????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Chaddy claiming he's out for "dinner" yet he's currently badgering every journo on Twitter asking if Rovers are really done for the day ?

Wonder if he asked the waiter at his meal tonight if he had “any rovers news?” ?

512436BE-A45E-4A03-87C3-992527BFB6B3.png

F1D399A4-141E-4A20-AC41-9ADB3C07E400.png

70250632-C12F-45C7-B14E-BB21380C318D.png

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Chaddy claiming he's out for "dinner" yet he's currently badgering every journo on Twitter asking if Rovers are really done for the day ?

To quote Cantona:

When seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

• Like 6

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Having said that, King is one of the few big(ish) money departures from that team who've go on to further success, so maybe motivation wasn't a factor, and it was just a lack of confidence and risk-taking ambition that held Bowyer & co back....

I think the two go hand-in-hand. It would be tough for players with speed and creatviity to be motivated in Bowyer's teams because we were so slow and cumbersome. Effective at times but never the type of team likely to take the game to the opposition or give them a battering. Very similar to where we are now, unquestionably. I've said for some time there are a lot of parallels between Bowyer and Mowbray, although I think Bowyer was far better at recruiting until the taps were turned off. 

@J*B you seem to have a pretty clear idea on ffp. How close are we to the limit? How will that effect the summer bearing in mind a third of the current player expenditure (wages) are set to be out of contract? Will be able to spend back up to that mark? Will sales be necessary?

If nothing else, this window shows that we are VERY concerned with FFP. Absolutely no way have Venkys completely ruled out any spending.

Edited by Paul Mani