Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
old darwen blue

Club vs Country

Recommended Posts

Sorry pal, I rarely listen to talkshite but regardless for me its success for the Rovers over anything for England. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

That was the case for pretty much every fan, apart from the Rovers fan 🙄

Dingle in disguise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rovers lose any game and it ruins my weekend.

England lost the semi final of the World Cup and I’d forgotten about it by the time I’d walked upstairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The golden generation of 2004 certainly took the view that club was more important than country. And what was it Carragher said in his book I felt bad missing a penalty for England but at least it wasn’t for Liverpool. 

For me it’s a close run thing always used to be club across the board but in all honesty since the Venkys and Kean some love for rovers died in me. Particularly the Kean era of the club vs the fans.

That said if I was to rank my desirable honours it would be:

1 rovers win prem

2 England win world cup

3 England win euros

4 rovers win fa cup

5 rovers win league cup 

6 rovers get any sort of promotion 

7 England win nations league etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rovers news must be slow on international week, there's another opinion piece by Simon Smith. Anyone else open the link, see his name and immediately close it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neal said:

Rovers news must be slow on international week, there's another opinion piece by Simon Smith. Anyone else open the link, see his name and immediately close it? 

I keep think of that Bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Neal said:

Rovers news must be slow on international week, there's another opinion piece by Simon Smith. Anyone else open the link, see his name and immediately close it? 

Me - he spouts drivel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Me - he spouts drivel.

Who gave the guy an opinion in the first place? In what way is he more qualified to be giving an opinion? If it was a player from recent times I might be interested. Waste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, matt83 said:

The golden generation of 2004 certainly took the view that club was more important than country. And what was it Carragher said in his book I felt bad missing a penalty for England but at least it wasn’t for Liverpool. 

For me it’s a close run thing always used to be club across the board but in all honesty since the Venkys and Kean some love for rovers died in me. Particularly the Kean era of the club vs the fans.

That said if I was to rank my desirable honours it would be:

1 rovers win prem

2 England win world cup

3 England win euros

4 rovers win fa cup

5 rovers win league cup 

6 rovers get any sort of promotion 

7 England win nations league etc.

 

From your list 

1 rovers win prem

2 England win world cup

3 rovers get  promotion from championship (secure our financial future) 

4 rovers win fa cup

5 England win euros

6 rovers win league cup 

7 rovers secure promotion league 1 and below

8 Burnley relegated

9 I win £10 on the lotto

10 England win nations league etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well pals, a weekend without football is always a shit weekend but i also though that not so many teams can say that thise time off is positive like we can say....

I know there are some of you that could be thinking why? There's only injury riskes and pointlees matches...the truth is...

We have very important matches next so we need to still improving a time off in the end is more time to work wothout some pressure...also we'll have much more time to prepare those matches and face them properly and on a better fiscal way.

The best part of this is that we will recover a lot of players some very important and another bunch of bench palyers that need to be at least at same level of development than the rest of our squad.

Very doables and very importants to get higher on the table.

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#COYBBR 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Support both the same. Rovers edge it, but massively support england. Mind you i follow england cricket and rugby union more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AAK said:

Support both the same. Rovers edge it, but massively support england. Mind you i follow england cricket and rugby union more.

Honestly? The same? The game that was just on left me cold in the few minutes I had it on, in fact I don’t think I’ve watched a full game since the WC semi final. Whereas with the Rovers I kick every ball.

Can’t remember us ever having a deep and meaningful about Southgate or Harry bloody Kane.

Though maybe that’s because you’d have got the Partridge shrug of a shoulder from me if you’d tried to initiate one :D

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5 September 2019 at 08:45, matt83 said:

The golden generation of 2004 certainly took the view that club was more important than country. And what was it Carragher said in his book I felt bad missing a penalty for England but at least it wasn’t for Liverpool. 

For me it’s a close run thing always used to be club across the board but in all honesty since the Venkys and Kean some love for rovers died in me. Particularly the Kean era of the club vs the fans.

That said if I was to rank my desirable honours it would be:

1 rovers win prem

2 England win world cup

3 England win euros

4 rovers win fa cup

5 rovers win league cup 

6 rovers get any sort of promotion 

7 England win nations league etc.

 

I would rather see Rovers win FA cup than Prem 

no I am not mad or on the wind up , but I have seen Rovers win the League , I have seen us win the league cup , I have seen us win play offs , play in Champions League and Murder Burnley ,the one that's missing is the FA Cup and I want us to win it soon , I am sure there is a stat somewhere that there are only 5-6 teams that can actually win the FA Cup in 3 Centuries and I want us to be the first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AJW said:

I would rather see Rovers win FA cup than Prem 

no I am not mad or on the wind up , but I have seen Rovers win the League , I have seen us win the league cup , I have seen us win play offs , play in Champions League and Murder Burnley ,the one that's missing is the FA Cup and I want us to win it soon , I am sure there is a stat somewhere that there are only 5-6 teams that can actually win the FA Cup in 3 Centuries and I want us to be the first 

£££

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't fathom anyone who would pick England glory over Rovers. 

Agree with AJW though, if there's one thing I would love to see Rovers do in my lifetime then it is win the FA Cup, unfortunately we're a long way from that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Can't fathom anyone who would pick England glory over Rovers. 

Agree with AJW though, if there's one thing I would love to see Rovers do in my lifetime then it is win the FA Cup, unfortunately we're a long way from that happening.

Just 6 games!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England for me.

I've never been the most passionate Rovers fan, even when I lived in East Lancs and had a season ticket. Before the development of Ewood I stood on the Enclosure as I wanted to watch. My pals were singing it up in the Blackburn End. I went to watch the game and enjoy myself. When the game was over I went back to whatever I was up to. A loss never ruined my evening. A win never sent me giddy either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

England for me.

I've never been the most passionate Rovers fan, even when I lived in East Lancs and had a season ticket. Before the development of Ewood I stood on the Enclosure as I wanted to watch. My pals were singing it up in the Blackburn End. I went to watch the game and enjoy myself. When the game was over I went back to whatever I was up to. A loss never ruined my evening. A win never sent me giddy either.

 

Miserable sod

😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.