BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, BG1492 said:

I hope not, seeing as Timo Letschert is a centre half. Probably still better than Walton though.

Oh dear. Richard Oakley is hereby dismissed from the BRFCS Panel of Scouts.

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chris Martin is awful and doesn't score goals.

Neither does Brereton.

At least Chris can write a decent tune. Talented bloke.

Just now, LeftWinger said:

12 in all competitions - which was the same as Gallagher, Graham and Brereton combined.

So the scouts on BRFCS think you need 12 goals for your goals to start being counted ? or maybe he googled and found the wrong Chris Martin. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So the scouts on BRFCS think you need 12 goals for your goals to start being counted ? or maybe he googled and found the wrong Chris Martin 

According to Google:
How much is Chris Martin worth?
Chris Martin has a net worth of $120 million.

Probably found the wrong one again here.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BG1492 said:

I hope not, seeing as Timo Letschert is a centre half. Probably still better than Walton though.

So he is. I was trying to have a bit of fun. Kind of needed a ? to make the point.

@Dreams of 1995 Yep, you've got the reasons down pat.We all want something substantive out of Ewood Park on transfers I thought you'd rather be called excited than desperate. I can't see an affordable deal that would bring Cunningham back here.The only name I can get somewhat excited about is the possible return of Rudy.Not only would both Martin and Rudy expect more than we can probably afford to pay them, they'd also expect to start.

@Bigdoggsteel A 12 goal a season striker would go a long way to solving our goal scoring problem ?

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:
According to Google:
How much is Chris Martin worth?
Chris Martin has a net worth of $120 million.

Probably found the wrong one again here.

Is that all ?   Rovers would bankrupt him in about 5 years ?

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are you sure he doesn't play in goals and "is worth a punt"

Absolute LOL 

Please step away from the transfer thread, you have been outed! 

"is worth a punt".According to the wiki he was praised for his fantastic workrate back in 2012.Scored 1 goal every 4 games. I can see the parallels with Graham. Slightly better than Rudy's career strike rate. Martin hasn't had Rudy's injury problems.my preference is still for Rudy. Maybe it's the nostalgia.

This is a transfer thread?I'd never have guessed. ?

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Neco Williams has signed a new long term contract at Liverpool, be happy with him on loan, seems a decent talent.

He'd probably do OK in the Championship, but whenever I've seen him play, he's struggled. Also wouldn't really want him taking Nyambe's place at RB. 

Just now, RoverKyle said:

He'd probably do OK in the Championship, but whenever I've seen him play, he's struggled. Also wouldn't really want him taking Nyambe's place at RB. 

I thought he operated on the left? If he's right sided then yes maybe leave that one. 

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Ooops. Sorry, yeah, I forgot about the in vogue reaction to transfer LINKS.

They are all shit, technically deficient, incompetent, not good enough, historically poor player for poor teams, not right for our style, doesn't fit Tony's mantra, not big enough, not strong enough, not good enough, terrible with the ball, no skill, can't cross, can't catch, can't play, can't walk, can't talk, awful, if he's linked with us he's shit, Tony will play him right wing, we need a pacey winger, need a ball playing defender, need a tough defender, need an inverted winger, too old, too young, hair too brown, not tall enough, his expected goals/tackles/touches/burps per game isn't eye catching blah blah blah blah blah.

If saying "there's a good few names there" is now too easily excited for this topics regulars then get me the fuck out of here. T'ra.

Maybe he thought you said " there's a few good names there " by mistake.

Just now, JoeH said:

I thought he operated on the left? If he's right sided then yes maybe leave that one. 

Yeah plays on the right. He's the sort of player we'd realistically get from Liverpool though. The likes of Curtis Jones & Rhian Brewster - who would both improve our starting XI considerably - are potentially out of our reach given their successes in the first team and out on loan. 

2 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Yeah plays on the right. He's the sort of player we'd realistically get from Liverpool though. The likes of Curtis Jones & Rhian Brewster - who would both improve our starting XI considerably - are potentially out of our reach given their successes in the first team and out on loan. 

I guess it all depends on whether you class Bennett as a right-back, because really we only have one right-back and cover may be needed in the future.

58 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Ooops. Sorry, yeah, I forgot about the in vogue reaction to transfer LINKS.

They are all shit, technically deficient, incompetent, not good enough, historically poor player for poor teams, not right for our style, doesn't fit Tony's mantra, not big enough, not strong enough, not good enough, terrible with the ball, no skill, can't cross, can't catch, can't play, can't walk, can't talk, awful, if he's linked with us he's shit, Tony will play him right wing, we need a pacey winger, need a ball playing defender, need a tough defender, need an inverted winger, too old, too young, hair too brown, not tall enough, his expected goals/tackles/touches/burps per game isn't eye catching blah blah blah blah blah.

If saying "there's a good few names there" is now too easily excited for this topics regulars then get me the fuck out of here. T'ra.

Ridiculously aggressive post.

I'm not particularly impressed by that list of names either and you must also have missed the bit where the original poster said "nothing remotely close".

Would you think there were a "few even better names" on there if we had reported interest in Messi and Pope? It wouldn't mean they were any nearer to being over the line either.

The only thing I disagree with Richard Oakley on is that if we absolutely have to sign a striker I wouldn't go near Rudy with a barge pole due to his glass knees. His attitude isn't the best at times either.

The key thing for me is that money has to be spent bringing in the right keeper in on a permanent deal. I fear another Walton type disaster if we bring in another loanee or scrape the barrel with a permanent deal.

We can make do with loans and freebies elsewhere and personally I'd tell Mowbray he has to wee with the willy he's got on the striking front if no-one else leaves.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

"is worth a punt".According to the wiki he was praised for his fantastic workrate back in 2012.Scored 1 goal every 4 games. I can see the parallels with Graham. Slightly better than Rudy's career strike rate. Martin hasn't had Rudy's injury problems.my preference is still for Rudy. Maybe it's the nostalgia.

I'd have the Rudy that left us back in a flash but the current Rudy isn't that person. He's had well documented injury problems and for me it's significant that Warnock realised he was a busted flush with days of taking over at  'Boro.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
53 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Oh dear. Richard Oakley is hereby dismissed from the BRFCS Panel of Scouts.

Neither does Brereton.

At least Chris can write a decent tune. Talented bloke.

You’re better than that!

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Some rumblings Iv heard although the main one being we are very tight with money and nothing is remotely close

lindsay deal looking complicated- starting to look at alternatives. Elliot Moore and bailey wright mentioned- neither close.

goalkeepers- looking at the freebs foreign market but issues getting them over to look at- fancy mitryushkin but nowhere near front of the queue 

other freebs - timo letschert. We raided the Hamburg cast offs last season, probably nothing

mowbray wants an experienced striker to replace graham as he knows current mob are inexperienced- wants to talk to chris Martin to see if wages could be Negotiated. Too high currently.

rudy gestede has also been put in front of mowbray but seems unlikely 

believe Cunningham will end up back here. 
a few loans will also be coming from the usual sources- big clubs youngsters 

might just be one keeper coming with fisher promoted to back up 

Would definitely be happy with Chris Martin tbh.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Rudy is only any good with crosses flying into the box, we don't play with any natural width, his hold up and link up play are very very poor.

Martin has way more intelligence,of the 2 Martin for me all day long altho preferably neither

• Like 2