BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I haven't accept anything, cos I don't know how we will set formation wise this season. On the evidence of the Blackpool game it will be 4-3-3. 

We haven't played that one yet.

We frequently toy with formations, especially in preseason. I wouldn't assume the 4-3-3 from just the Fleetwood game. Just about fitness and giving everyone game time for now.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We haven't played that one yet.

We frequently toy with formations, especially in preseason. I wouldn't assume the 4-3-3 from just the Fleetwood game. Just about fitness and giving everyone game time for now.

I meant the Fleetwood game. 

we will see in due course

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You won't get promoted going down this road though. 

It is extremely rare that a goalscorer will emerge from an academy and start performing and scoring immediately. In the meantime the other assets in our squad, such as Dack, Armstrong, Travis and Lenihan, get another year nearer the end of their contract and another season of mid table when eventually they will decide to move on to have a better shot at the top division. 

Then we are having the same conversation again next summer and the summer after looking to fill gaps in the squad.

The last regular goalscorer to emerge directly from the youth team set up must have been John Byrom who was a consistent First Division goalscorer at 17. Maybe it's time we had another one

Both Rooney and Owen were good enough as teenagers to make instant impacts in premiership teams there is no reason why young Vale cannot do the same he has to be allowed to flourish if he is good enough he will reuse to the very top. Give him a go as well as the likes of as Butterworth and Brennan and see how they do !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Both Rooney and Owen were good enough as teenagers to make instant impacts in premiership teams there is no reason why young Vale cannot do the same he has to be allowed to flourish if he is good enough he will reuse to the very top. Give him a go as well as the likes of as Butterworth and Brennan and see how they do !

I suppose an interesting question is how often has a player been promoted to the senior team and looked out of place.

For me no youth players has been promoted and looked worse than the weaker senior members of the team. Sure they might not look exceptional, but no worse than Ben Brereton, Gallagher, Bell, Mulgrew have in recent times.

I think there is an unneccesary reticence to play them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

They are once a generation talents. Nothing to say that these young lads dont have it but we cant be overly reliant on them because there is a good chance that they arent at this moment at their age ready to regularly contribute for a team pushing for the top 6.

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I haven't accept anything, cos I don't know how we will set formation wise this season. On the evidence of the Blackpool game it will be 4-3-3. 

I hope not. Of all the formations Mowbray has tried, 4-3-3 seems to me to be the one suited to the fewest members of the squad. All three of our strikers would be playing out of position.  I read the formation in the first half against Fleetwood was 4-3-1-2 and 4-2-3-1 in the second. The Bayern Manager chose 4-2-3-1 and the players and tactics just flowed thereafter. They just won the Champions League. They demolished Barcelona who play the dominating possession football Mowbray likes so much. I try to accommodate Mowbray's wanting a formation other than 4-2-3-1, but if it works, why change it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I read the formation in the first half against Fleetwood was 4-3-1-2 and 4-2-3-1 in the second. The Bayern Manager chose 4-2-3-1 and the players and tactics just flowed thereafter. They just won the Champions League. They demolished Barcelona who play the dominating possession football Mowbray likes so much. 

I read 4-3-3 each half. 

First half

Fisher

Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Bell

Travis Davenport Holtby

Chapman  Brereton  Buckley

Second Half

Fisher

Rankin Costello Carter Williams Bennett 

Lyons Johnson Evan's

Dolan         Armstrong      Rothwell

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've been to Newcastle St James Park under Hughes, Kean, Coyle. I remember Derbyshire scoring the last minute winner. Great scenes that. Followed by best night out ever. But their fans werent loud at all. When we won there under Coyle, Their fans were moaning and groaning in the first half of that game at their side poor performance. We played really well that day. 

They are no different to anyone else when things aren't going well in fact they get angry very quickly.

Iv'e seen the ground a quarter empty there before full time on more than one occasion. Deafening when they are on top, deafening silence when not.

• Like 1

The point I am making is give them a go and see how they progress. There are players who can and will make impacts either by their skills and talent or simply being allowed to play their game alongside the team game plan. If they are good enough they will progress, if they excel they will go for huge money allowing the club to progress off the park whilst also allowing an attraction to BRFC to other potential stars of the future. We have sold players before they are allowed to excel in our colours there are those in the club right now who could move the club forwards but they need to be given a chance

• Like 1

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Geordies more fickle than Rovers fans and that’s a fact Chaddy but only just mind?

You reckon? Pre venkys I’d agree but since Venkys took over it’s changed at Ewood. The only time our fans make any noise is when we are booing ?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Williams linked with DC United and Swansea. Paul Nealon is the guy linking him to those clubs who is owner Irish fan tv

Swansea?...Really?

Mind you, I couldn't believe Sunderland paid £2 million for Steele.

Are we really going to  "make do and mend" at the back and upfront? .

Stagnation is one thing, but relegation risk is another thing entirely...

Angry fans are coming!

Regarding Jack Vale.

In recent seasons you've had the likes of Brewster, Mbeumo and Abraham doing bits at his age.

Admittedly I have seen nowhere near enough of him to comment on his potential (I doubt many on here have), but to suggest a 19/20 year old can't hit the ground running is far of the mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The last regular goalscorer to emerge directly from the youth team set up must have been John Byrom who was a consistent First Division goalscorer at 17. Maybe it's time we had another one

James Beattie? Though admittedly he didn't score for us because we let him go. Great decision

• Like 2