BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Bristol City Easter Monday

Paul

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Other than that though........ His second touch was a tackle (and foul given away) all afternoon.

I think we always play a lot better when Emnes is on the pitch.

Agreed - Emnes sometimes just needs to swing a leg rather than take a man on though, same with most of them just hit it sometimes 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

When Mahoney wasn't starting every game, the majority of posters on here were calling on him to start. 

That is because he was awful today and still better than Feeney has been all season bar the Newcastle game.

Just now, Neal said:

Mowbray's selection @#/? it today. Poor.

Do we have yet another manager who after doing things his own way for a few games ends up setting up first & foremost to accommodate players again ?

GB / Lambo / Coyle now TM the pattern is very familiar they always seem to revert back to 2 deep mids, wingers on wrong foot etc etc

Just now, preston blue said:

I am so angry after that game.

We just did not turn up.  20 minutes of huff and puff after Gally scored against the run of play (the only thing he did in 95 minutes); TM got the team set up wrong again.....one players up front, we looked like the away side.

On that performance we deserve to go down.  The JW looked quite full today....for the last time for a long time.

What a useful bunch of yellow bellied 'footballers'.  Akapan and Feeney have been stealing a living.

By playing the same team that beat Forest we ended up with a static back 5 who got in each others way for the Bristol goal. Difficult to pick any positives out of a game this late in season when we needed 3 point.

Odds are against us once again.........nothing new :angry: 

• Glenn changed the title to Previous Game: Bristol City Easter Monday
  • Glenn unpinned this topic
58 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

20 quid still in my pocket

once again refused to give it to wonga via the ticket office

Venkys got a billion so they dont need it

few times I really had to fight the urge but I have boycotted ALL season.

One more to go and not a chance in hell I am going.

Yep, good call.  I wasted £24.  Mind you I met some old mates.

Just now, tomphil said:

Do we have yet another manager who after doing things his own way for a few games ends up setting up first & foremost to accommodate players again ?

GB / Lambo / Coyle now TM the pattern is very familiar they always seem to revert back to 2 deep mids, wingers on wrong foot etc etc

All fooled by genius Jason Lowe.

Today called for cool heads and 11 men on the pitch who would be willing to run, fight, tackle and do what was needed to win that game.

Well, the first half left me awash with nothing but a sick feeling, in fact, that started once I had seen and digested the starting 11. It got worse when I realised the formation that TM sent out to try and win the most important game of our decrepit season so far.

3-5-2 or 5-4-1 or 4-4-1-1 it was truly abysmal, the worst 45 minutes I have witnessed and that includes the direst of games v Barnsley.

To summarise what I thought of the first half? Well it was utter S$$$!

No cohesion, no pride, no effort, no willingness to run, pass, tackle, no individual was willing to take the game forward, the captain Lowe was such a balloon in that he completed a 100% success pass rate going backwards. There was no drive, the midfield were second best, Feeney was another balloon whilst I have no idea what position Mahoney was supposed to be playing. For a team so near to the drop it just beggared belief at what the 11 players on the pitch were trying to do.

The captain is supposed to drive us forward, to lead and Lowe is just the opposite, he frightens the living daylights out of his own players.

The second half saw the inevitable changes. Off went Feeney and Nyambe in came Conway and Joao. The formation appeared to be something like 3-5-2 or 3-3-4 however I still couldn't tell what position Mahoney was supposed to be playing. We huffed and puffed, we saw nearly gave Bristol 2 further goals by shocking defending yet we actually saw an improvement on the team trying to get forward.

Finally, a decent cross saw Gally head home and the impetus was with Rovers, or it should have been. we were far better in the last 15 minutes however we still tried to give a goal away, we still lacked composure and creativity and we seriously lacked leadership on that pitch.

The penalty shout? Not sure myself, I have seen them given but in any case the ref was as awful as Lowe and who would have been entrusted with it if it had been given?

We are slightly better off for the point as we sit precariously in the bottom 3.

Brum are in the poo and Zola has just resigned. Forest have problems too, Burton and Bristol appear to have drawn the 2 lucky straws out of the 5 on offer, there are 2 more remaining and its us, Brum and Forest fighting for them.

It is probably a bonus for us that Brum have Villa and finish away at Bristol BUT we are still 2 points shy of them.

Now we move on to Wolves away and Paul Lambert. Wolves are a team that can play good football, poor football such is their indifference, lets hope they are off the boil next week.

Finally, whoever picked Lowe as MOTM must have been seriously lashed up. He alone is the blame taker for our negative play due to his incessant passing the ball backwards instead of driving us forward.

Rover and out

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We wish we were playing Rotherham last game! We have Brentford away.

Would you bet on us beating them? I wouldn't. In Rotherham's last 17 league games they've picked up 2 points out of 51. One against us and one against Birmingham. That's why we're both in the state we're in.

I actually think going off this season we're more likely to pick up wins when least expected e.g. Newcastle and I am pinning my hopes on them raising their game against Villa whose away form is dire rather than more of the dross we've had against Barnsley and Bristol.

I thought Moybrays system (whatever it was) was over complicated and at times some players seemed confused in the first half. What I find unforgivable is that several players were hiding at times, not working hard enough and backing out of challenges. After the Forest performance it's almost like we have some sort of footballing bipolar illness where we go from one extreme to another. However we live to fight another day but do this squad have another Forest type performance in them?

We have too many chocolate tea pots in our team and if you got points for ineptitude we would be challenging for the play offs.

Just now, Neal said:

All fooled by genius Jason Lowe.

That's 2 things we agree on, Mowbrays team selection and old JLo. Bizarre isn't it?  Being a good old bloke around the training ground and Club etc must count for a lot with these managers

Strikes me as the sort of player who probably stood out as a kid due to his athletic ability and arguably not too bad at FB but has not and never has had any idea how to play in midfield.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Today called for cool heads and 11 men on the pitch who would be willing to run, fight, tackle and do what was needed to win that game.

Well, the first half left me awash with nothing but a sick feeling, in fact, that started once I had seen and digested the starting 11. It got worse when I realised the formation that TM sent out to try and win the most important game of our decrepit season so far.

3-5-2 or 5-4-1 or 4-4-1-1 it was truly abysmal, the worst 45 minutes I have witnessed and that includes the direst of games v Barnsley.

To summarise what I thought of the first half? Well it was utter S$$$!

No cohesion, no pride, no effort, no willingness to run, pass, tackle, no individual was willing to take the game forward, the captain Lowe was such a balloon in that he completed a 100% success pass rate going backwards. There was no drive, the midfield were second best, Feeney was another balloon whilst I have no idea what position Mahoney was supposed to be playing. For a team so near to the drop it just beggared belief at what the 11 players on the pitch were trying to do.

The captain is supposed to drive us forward, to lead and Lowe is just the opposite, he frightens the living daylights out of his own players.

The second half saw the inevitable changes. Off went Feeney and Nyambe in came Conway and Joao. The formation appeared to be something like 3-5-2 or 3-3-4 however I still couldn't tell what position Mahoney was supposed to be playing. We huffed and puffed, we saw nearly gave Bristol 2 further goals by shocking defending yet we actually saw an improvement on the team trying to get forward.

Finally, a decent cross saw Gally head home and the impetus was with Rovers, or it should have been. we were far better in the last 15 minutes however we still tried to give a goal away, we still lacked composure and creativity and we seriously lacked leadership on that pitch.

The penalty shout? Not sure myself, I have seen them given but in any case the ref was as awful as Lowe and who would have been entrusted with it if it had been given?

We are slightly better off for the point as we sit precariously in the bottom 3.

Brum are in the poo and Zola has just resigned. Forest have problems too, Burton and Bristol appear to have drawn the 2 lucky straws out of the 5 on offer, there are 2 more remaining and its us, Brum and Forest fighting for them.

It is probably a bonus for us that Brum have Villa and finish away at Bristol BUT we are still 2 points shy of them.

Now we move on to Wolves away and Paul Lambert. Wolves are a team that can play good football, poor football such is their indifference, lets hope they are off the boil next week.

Finally, whoever picked Lowe as MOTM must have been seriously lashed up. He alone is the blame taker for our negative play due to his incessant passing the ball backwards instead of driving us forward.

Rover and out

Quality Post fella.

Just now, arbitro said:

I thought Moybrays system (whatever it was) was over complicated and at times some players seemed confused in the first half. What I find unforgivable is that several players were hiding at times, not working hard enough and backing out of challenges. After the Forest performance it's almost like we have some sort of footballing bipolar illness where we go from one extreme to another. However we live to fight another day but do this squad have another Forest type performance in them?

We have too many chocolate tea pots in our team and if you got points for ineptitude we would be challenging for the play offs.

Chocolate teapots, spoiled milk and cyanide sugar.

I was surprised that Tm went with same team aso Friday from a sheer freshness point of view. Surprised he went with gally upfront by himself. The team was set up not to concede early but hey presto we gift them anow early goal. From following it it sounded like bristol should have been out of sight by the time we equalised.

Fair play to raya for making a great save from Abraham if that had gone in we were down no doubt about it. Gap down to a point now can't afford to lose between now and seasons end. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

They are rolling the dice. Pure lottery for them at this stage. 

Anyone an improvement on Zola. Lets see if the players respond. If they lose their next game its all the one. 

Three games to go they are 3 adrift thought they might have gone with a caretaker. Very little time to put a stamp on things 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Not the greatest appointment?

Got to be better than Zola though.

Colleague was at today's match.  Apparently, rumour was rife that he'd be sacked if they didn't win so looks like he jumped before he was pushed.  Looks like they have a plan B and want a quick fix which is certainly needed. 

Mowbray is the worst manager we've had under Venky's (bar Kean). The team he picked and the formation he played today was nothing short of disgraceful, and his subs were almost as bad. People on here saying we set up too negatively, we didn't, we were absolutely wide open. It wasn't negative, it was just sh*t. Akpan and Lowe in midfield playing the full 90 minutes is frankly laughable, especially when you've got someone competent on the bench in Guthrie. Feeney is a one trick pony (he'll get it on the right, get a bit of space and cross it in) and Mowbray took that one trick away by playing him on the left, why? Mahoney was the worst player on the pitch by a long, long way, if he signs a new contract I hope it's for peanuts. Whether we stay up or not, I hope Mowbray isn't our manager next season. He might be a nice bloke, but that doesn't make you a good manager.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

It's a feature of the games I've seen under Mowbray that we start very slowly and take at least 45 mins to get going. He's an improvement on Coyle obviously but he is what he is - an average ten-a-penny lower league manager.

In what way is he an improvement over Coyle?? Coyle never had us set out like we did today, ever. I hate Coyle as much as the next man, but Mowbray is worse.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

awwww an unhappy clapper

still attending though

if you dont like it.... boycott

Go away. Just because the manager is sh1t doesn't mean I need to (pointlessly) boycott. I still support my club, unlike you.

Archived