BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Let's sell out v Wolves!

One Rovers twitter feed saying sales currently 14,000 including away fans. Perhaps need to wait for a new manager to see an increase, or maybe a few bluffs have been called.

Looking at our average attendance this year we've had 13,415, I'm going to assume that we'll get more than just 500 extra fans on as a result of Kean's sacking.

As OJRovers said maybe Aggers is twisting the gate numbers to make his bessie mate look good.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good point, who knows how many thousands Aggers and his crew added onto the official attendance.

Could become a new matchday feature......... And Man of The Match sponsored by Peter Jackson the Jeweller goes to .....................

Followed by Todays attendance "according to Aggers is .........

There should be at least 15k home fans there tomorrow hopefully. Not brilliant but a massive improvement on the other crowds this season when you take into account there has only been around 10k actually coming through the turnstiles despite what the official number was. It's a start if five thousand extra people come back through the gates. Even without a boycott there would be no more than 13k including the away support there tomorrow if coco was still on the touchline.

Tthe police stated there were only 10,400 through turn styles v Boro, and wow it looked empty on TV. None of my mates (ST holders last year) have bought, but the buzz around certain quarters on here and in town makes me think there will significantly more and 17k without a new manager in place and the way we are playing still means there is a Kean out feel good factor - bring it on!

i am waiting to see if the attendance is significantly increased tomorrow. all those that said they would not return unless kean was gone, well with all due respect to all of those fans specifically.....now is the time for you to put up or shut up!!

it's the easiest thing in the world to lose supporters and the hardest thing to entice them back.

how many folks said they'd pay 300 or even 400 quid for a season ticket if it indeed meant that kean was gone?

they said they would return when he was gone. he has now gone....

One thing though blueboy, lets not be fooled by the official gate. I expect they'll be a signifiant increase tomorrow - the fact that the club clearly included ST holders, who didn't attend last time out, shouldn't be forgotten.

Tomorrow, ST holders will be there, plus many more ex ST holders, but don't be surprised if Partridge and Shelf Bloke decide to announce a lower number. Loyalty to their best friend ever? Spite, even?

PNE. Not Rovers. It's a disgrace these guys are actually on the Board of Blackburn Rovers.

Easy for me to say on the other side of the Globe I suppose but I suspect a lot of the stayaways will stay away. Lots of bluster about not going whilst Kean was in charge but I suspect many aren't going to go as long as there is no Rooney or Balotelli to gawp at. I also imagine that some will be sulking at losing the little kudos that supporting a Premier league club affords. To some that is important. They'll be the people who will now say that they aren't coming as long as Venkys are there. They'll be the same people who will be first in line for tickets if we go back up.

I hope we get 20k plus tomorrow but I've been a Rovers fan many years and sadly, in my experience, we have a very apathetic catchment area to draw from.

Sadly I think you're spot on there Chris. More than 15000 would surprise me. Hopefully we will hear the official figure alongside the police figure.

Whatever the result and the attendance I am going to enjoy today.

The majority wanted Steve Kean out and today I can watch my team in the flesh without that clown in charge.

The Venky's may **** up the next appointment but that's not going to happen today.

So, for the first time in god knows how long I am going to arrive at Ewood with a smile on my face and who knows I might leave with one too.

Whatever the result and the attendance I am going to enjoy today.

The majority wanted Steve Kean out and today I can watch my team in the flesh without that clown in charge.

The Venky's may **** up the next appointment but that's not going to happen today.

So, for the first time in god knows how long I am going to arrive at Ewood with a smile on my face and who knows I might leave with one too.

+1

Easy for me to say on the other side of the Globe I suppose but I suspect a lot of the stayaways will stay away. Lots of bluster about not going whilst Kean was in charge but I suspect many aren't going to go as long as there is no Rooney or Balotelli to gawp at. I also imagine that some will be sulking at losing the little kudos that supporting a Premier league club affords. To some that is important. They'll be the people who will now say that they aren't coming as long as Venkys are there. They'll be the same people who will be first in line for tickets if we go back up.

I hope we get 20k plus tomorrow but I've been a Rovers fan many years and sadly, in my experience, we have a very apathetic catchment area to draw from.

Sadly every club has its glory hunters. Crowds shot up when Jack Walker came in. But where were those supporters prior to him buying the club.

The spouting off from the dozens of people on here who said they would be back? How many were you expecting?

I'm not just talking about on here, a lot of people when I asked why they weren't renewing said it was purely because of Kean but they would be back, work colleagues, lads from the pub etc. In fairness to them quite a few have stuck to their word and bought tickets. I think half season tickets COULD do well depending on who we appoint.

The vast majority on here that have been vocal about boycotting under Kean are returning today by the sounds of things, but as we all know this site represents only a tiny minority of our fan base.

The word coming out of the club seems to indicate that we'll see around 3-4k more on the gate than against Boro and if true represents a good number coming back as far as I'm concerned.

We're starting to sound like those idiots down the M65 with the gate debate, but we'll see what transpires later today.

Archived