BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

Employing an experienced manager in this case will be effective as putting a plaster on a heart attack.

After a heart attack, the only way to get better is through a mixture of:

1. Exercise / Rehab

2. Medication

3. Dietary Changes

4. Lifestyle Changes

5. Rest

6. Potentially surgery

Rovers have had a major heart attack, so major in fact that the left subclavain artery and left pulmonary artery have entirely detatched and the poor old anterior intervantricular artery is all but dead. Putting a Disney themed plaster on our chest...won't do a damn thing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaddy, a couple of years ago I had a student that was adamant that Blackburn Rovers were the best team in the world and he would argue relentlessly with other students that Pedersen was the best midfielder in the Premier League. The main difference between the two of you is that he was eleven years old. I'll always remember the day I saw his little eyes light up when he found out I was a Rovers fan, only to be crushed when I wouldn't support his 'Robinson is the best Goalie in the world' stance.

I don't think I can take your child like wonder anymore. I'm sorry.

You sir, are a monster.

And leave Chaddy alone. One day he'll be eleven and you can crush his dreams too.

Chaddy, a couple of years ago I had a student that was adamant that Blackburn Rovers were the best team in the world and he would argue relentlessly with other students that Pedersen was the best midfielder in the Premier League. The main difference between the two of you is that he was eleven years old. I'll always remember the day I saw his little eyes light up when he found out I was a Rovers fan, only to be crushed when I wouldn't support his 'Robinson is the best Goalie in the world' stance.

I don't think I can take your child like wonder anymore. I'm sorry.

then hide my posts.

to be honest im getting sick of certain people taking the mick out of me.

im 28 Years old and im struggle with little of dyslexia like writing in the correct tense or spelling but always try my best to not to allow people to take the mick out of me but to be honest im sick of it now.

You would think that people like BPF who is a teacher would understand this problem but obviously he doesnt.

personally, I will be taking time away from posting on the MB. will just read certain member;s posts from now on.

then hide my posts.

im 28 Years old and im struggle with little of dyslexia like writing in the correct tense or spelling but always try my best to not to allow people to take the mick out of me but to be honest im sick of it now.

You would think that people like BPF who is a teacher would understand this problem but obviously he doesnt.

personally, I will be taking time away from posting on the MB. will just read certain member;s posts from now on.

Are you Greek ?

then hide my posts.

Chaddy, here is my advice for what it's worth. Don't let people get you down over your enthusiasm for Rovers. You remind me a bit of myself at your age seeing everything through blue-and-white googles. Even now as a middle aged professional, I go to work with a Rovers themed tie and pin badge atattched to my shirt and sporting my Rovers watch. Some may see it as sad ... but to be honest I wouldn't change anything. These are difficult times ... but remember 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'. Chin up lad and keep the Blue flag flying high!

• Backroom

Chaddy, here is my advice for what it's worth. Don't let people get you down over your enthusiasm for Rovers. You remind me a bit of myself at your age seeing everything through blue-and-white googles. Even now as a middle aged professional, I go to work with a Rovers themed tie and pin badge atattched to my shirt and sporting my Rovers watch. Some may see it as sad ... but to be honest I wouldn't change anything. These are difficult times ... but remember 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'. Chin up lad and keep the Blue flag flying high!

At his age?

Dyslexia is a disability, now we know that that is what Chaddy has, I think we can all agree that mocking the disabled is a very poor show.

An important plot point in the BRFCS musical.

People can only go off what they read though. Missing punctuation and grammar doesn't bother me per se (a lot of people do it - although I draw the line at 'of' instead of 'have') but "???" and "!!!" in every post is unnecessary. As is calling people "pathetic" and "idiots" for having a different opinion.

Whilst I do sympathise, being 28 years old with dyslexia isn't the same as having a major mental illness and shouldn't require him being patronised and allow him to be snappy.

Chaddy, we are all different and *newsflash* none of us are perfect - even Theno. You have a problem with writing, it's no biggie now people know and I'm sure you won't want any special treatment from us.

We're all Rovers fans and are all uptight and @#/? off at the moment and I apologise if I've genuinely caused any offence with any of my posts. It certainly wasn't intended.

Now, I wonder if we can get Russell Crowe to play Theno in the movie version??? ;)

Rumour tonight that McLaren in on Monday !

I think a new man will be in win, lose or draw tomorrow and seemingly, McLaren heads a very short list.

Not my choice, would have preferred 'Coyley' !

Rumour tonight that McLaren in on Monday !

I think a new man will be in win, lose or draw tomorrow and seemingly, McLaren heads a very short list.

Not my choice, would have preferred 'Coyley' !

Who is his agent?

McClaren is a terrible manager. Really hope that its just a rumour.

McClaren is the very best that we could hope for and is just the high profile experienced man we need. I am shocked he would consider it...England manager not long ago. Very encouraging.

Guest Norbert

This just shows how far we've fallen, when we have a figure who has failed in Holland and the Championship coming in as our 'saviour'.

macca595.jpg

I know people just associate him with this these days but I'd say he's the best we could realistically hope for. I for one hope it's true.

On the face of it - considering everything that has happened even this season - I would take McClaren. He has at least some credibility and experience.

But I can't help thinking of Steve Kean with hair. And I don't know why! :(

This just shows how far we've fallen, when we have a figure who has failed in Holland and the Championship coming in as our 'saviour'.

His win record in Holland in his first spell at Twente was 63%.

He won the league and was manager of the season.

Don't just make stuff up!

Not long ago i wouldn't have this guy near the place but now we are in real desperate times then why not? After the Berg/Appleton fiasco no one but no one of any note will come near this job apart from the ones desperate themselves. If any manager worth his salt did they'd want assurances and a watertight huge contract and after burning themselves again the lunes in Pune won't give it. A geezer like Mclaren at least has some track record however ropey it may be. He'd prob agree to a Shebby 6 month deal.

On the face of it - considering everything that has happened even this season - I would take McClaren. He has at least some credibility and experience.

Spot on. He's ok. Bit of a dick, but a football man I think...good contacts, respect within the game, media friendly.

Guest Norbert

And since then? How about his second spell? Or Nottingham Forest? The fact is, his excellent first spell in a pretty poor league is the blip. Mediocrity or worse is is standard setting. However, he is the best we could hope for.

Archived