BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny A Latic ?

Sounds like he was fit the last 6 months or so. As suggested on here. Strange not using him if that was the case.

Just one more reason to want to replace the manager. He deprived us of Dunny's last season. I really hope it was not personal.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAVID Dunn admits the way his Blackburn Rovers stay ended left a sour taste.

The 35-year-old midfielder has signed a one-year deal with Athletic, dropping to Sky Bet League One for the first time in his career.

Dunn believes he should have been given far more than the dozen appearances for the Championship outfit he managed in 2014-15, and the boyhood Rovers fan hinted he wasnt afraid to voice his concerns.

Rovers obviously holds a very special place for me, Dunn said. At this stage of my career, I found I wasnt getting opportunities and certain things werent happening for me. For whatever reason, I was not playing as much as I should have been and at my age, I needed to play. When youre not given a fair crack of the whip, it doesnt feel right.

If I am not playing and it is down to form I have no problem at all with that. When I am training well and playing well then I expect to play. That didnt happen.

It was the right time for both the club and me to part company. Maybe at times it is the case that I can be too much for people to handle. Thats for other people to deal with. I wont change.

Dunn had other options, but Athletics location helped persuade him to turn them down: The big thing for me is that the club is obviously ambitious, Dunn said.

The new stand is a big plus and I look at the squad and see a lot of young players with a lot of hunger to do well.

Could I have gone abroad and earned more money? Probably. But it is not the be-all and end-all.

twitter: @Matt_Chambers_

From the Oldham Chronicle, (are you reading two certain posters who think most of us on here are paranoid?)

Still doesn't answer the FACT that there are local clubs higher up the chain than Oldham, yet he had to go down a level to get a contract.

Undeniably. However if he was fit and not even getting substitute run outs then it is another blunder. When he did play he still looked technically above the others in our midfield.

It still irks me that he run himself into the ground playing in the hole for 71 minutes against Burnley at Ewood and left the pitch with us 1-0 in front. One negative substitution, and 10 minutes later, we were 2-1 down. Only then did the negative, lets-hang-on-to-what-we-have-instead-of-killing-off-the-game-Gaz decide to put Gestede on.

I've never understood why GB didn't start Gestede vs Dingles. He started bloody Varney! Cost us the whole game, oh and he also took Dunn off. That match must be the worst I've ever been to, along with Wigan 2012

I've never understood why GB didn't start Gestede vs Dingles. He started bloody Varney! Cost us the whole game, oh and he also took Dunn off.

Not only did he take Dunn off, but he replaced him with Liam Feeney....mind boggling stuff.

Still doesn't answer the FACT that there are local clubs higher up the chain than Oldham, yet he had to go down a level to get a contract.

Perhaps he had guarantees of more minutes at Oldham whilst he'd have had to settle for a lot less if he stayed in the Championship?

You don't know the contracts he was offered Jbizzle, so I'd be careful with how you interpret the FACT above. Perhaps Oldham was just more of a 'right fit'. The guy has only a few seasons left in him, I am sure he'd rather be enjoying his football by playing more regularly than stuck on the bench for the majority in the Champ.

I've never understood why GB didn't start Gestede vs Dingles. He started bloody Varney! Cost us the whole game, oh and he also took Dunn off. That match must be the worst I've ever been to, along with Wigan 2012

Think the sub said more about the general lack of leaders and organisers on the pitch and side lines than Dunny himself. Yes he was our talisman in that game but he was flooked and blowing out his backside right from the start of that second half. I don't think there was a lot of option but to take him off but still things shouldn't have fallen apart and we were sitting back again anyway.

Clicked on a few random match reports from that season on rovers.co.uk most said Samba © or Robinson © and a few said Givet ©.

None with Dunn as a regular captain. He could have been captain on one or two occasions when Samba was sulking/sold and Givet and Robinson were injured. Either way it disproves your original dig at Dunn as being a Kean lover because he was made Captain. Dunn did say some things like "Give Kean a break" and for the fans to "Get real" so there's no need to make stuff up ;)

He also took the you know what out of me when I laughed when he said on radio lancs we would get promoted . He said the club doesn't need fans like me . Fans who were fans before he was born . Who got proved right .

I'd give him the manager's job here NOW !

Player-manager.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if that's why he was frozen out and let go. With him doing his badges he could eventually have become a credible rival to Bowyer.

I'm not sure how Machiavellian it had been - if at all - but Bowyer has frozen out any and all vocal and outspoken players, especially those with experience who might command more respect than himself in the dressing room.

It's the same trick that Kean pulled but he was seen as a bad guy and Bowyer is seen as a good guy so obviously it's completely different. Good managers bring in leaders in the dressing room, poor managers remove anyone who might challenge their authority.

Archived