BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny A Latic ?

79 and 81 minutes he has lasted in Oldham's last 2 games. Seems their manager is a bit derelict with his duties seeing as he's apparently "blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes"

Hmmmmm!

Meanwhile Lowe plays for 90 minutes in games and offers nothing.

But Lowe covers every blade of grass right?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Still not lasting the full game is he? Plus it's a division below.

Admittedly he should have played more and made more of an impact last season, but it would most likely have been as an impact sub from the bench, and not the full 90 minutes.

He did speak to Bowyer about it, and was apparently told he wasn't fit enough to play in the formation that GB was proposing. Now you may or may not agree with Bowyer and of course that's a matter of opinion (I do agree with GB, on this rare occasion as it happens) but your insinuation was that he wasn't picked BECAUSE he spoke up.

Sorry but this just compounds the problem for me.

Bowyer has struggled to get the best out of Rhodes, Dunn, King, and to a lesser extent, Rochina.

If Bowyer's formations - which apparently require a lot of working hard and little working smart - were delivering winning football (ignoring the need for entertainment value) then he would be well placed to be so demanding.

My observations are that when we have played to the strengths of our attacking players (like those listed) we have played much better as a team, controlled games, by making opponents worry about our threats rather than allowing them on to us, and got results. Sadly Bowyer has only done this when forced, and very infrequently - given that he is rarely under pressure to do anything but increase player values.

Dunny ...7 appearances ...4 as sub .

Hasnt played 90 minutes yet.

For someone whos been shouting he been fit as a fiddle whilst stuck on the bench , Oldham reluctant to have faith in him upto yet.

Some would say that by his supposedly knackered standard that aint too bad. I'd say league 1 is every bit as energetic as the champ just another step down in quality and far more long ball. Go on Dunny lad !!!!

Besides the fact that the argument on here has never been about him playing 90 it's just been twisted that way.

Dunny ...7 appearances ...4 as sub .

Hasnt played 90 minutes yet.

For someone whos been shouting he been fit as a fiddle whilst stuck on the bench , Oldham reluctant to have faith in him upto yet.

Though to be fair to him he only joined a couple of weeks before the season started so will not have done a preseason.

What you need to consider is, would Hughes or Allardyce have allowed him to leave in similar circumstances?

absolutely no chance, if he did nothing more than keep the fans onside he'd be retained, probably never even a consideration, that's Blackburn Rovers 2015 folks.

Though to be fair to him he only joined a couple of weeks before the season started so will not have done a preseason.

If I had the big noise from family fortunes I'd be making it, because the "no pre season or bedding in time" reason is now firmly an excuse to fail. Just going off BRFCC precedent.

Oldham season ticket holder in my office isn't too impressed.

Likes his positive attitude in trying to drive the team on but can't really run with the ball or take players on, even though he's still trying to.

He is complimentary about his long passing and wishes he would just sit deep and spray the ball around. Every now and again he does show a touch of class.

He doesn't like the fact Dunny can only last about an hour.

Sorry but this just compounds the problem for me.

Bowyer has struggled to get the best out of Rhodes, Dunn, King, and to a lesser extent, Rochina.

If Bowyer's formations - which apparently require a lot of working hard and little working smart - were delivering winning football (ignoring the need for entertainment value) then he would be well placed to be so demanding.

My observations are that when we have played to the strengths of our attacking players (like those listed) we have played much better as a team, controlled games, by making opponents worry about our threats rather than allowing them on to us, and got results. Sadly Bowyer has only done this when forced, and very infrequently - given that he is rarely under pressure to do anything but increase player values.

The game that ended our season last year was Bolton away. Bowyer set up positively and took the game to an in form team at their place. We should have been at least three up at half time. We lost though and were subsequently never positive again in the league.

• Backroom

The club will not be seeking any applications for the role of first team manager at this time and can also confirm that all the current coaching staff will remain in their respective roles.

Sounds like they've already got someone lined up - David Dunn?

Wonder if this was in his thoughts when he signed for Oldham?!

Good luck to him though, hope he does well.

Indeed, a report I read when he signed for Oldham actually said something along the lines of, 'joined as a player for now'.

Tough call being given it on an interim basis as immediate pressure to get results.

Good luck to David and hope it works out for him.

Archived