BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I seen plenty of talent footballers, look at the success of the under 21's, 20's and 19's. The footballers are there, just need their club managers to belief in them

I was referring to the players you quoted earlier as being in your first team squad. Those likely to go to Russia.

How many of those players you named were in the successful under 21's, under 20's and under 19's?

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

How long he been doing now? 3 or 4 years?

Yes... which are numbers lower than 10. Credit to him, he's fantastic. But to say he's world class would put him in the same bracket as Raul, Ronaldo, Puskas, or DiStefano.

Even Shearer sadly never QUITE got into that bracket, but he's the nearest thing we had.

Kane will certainly get there if he keeps it up though against a variety of opponents.

Just now, Hasta said:

I was referring to the players you quoted earlier as being in your first team squad. Those likely to go to Russia.

How many of those players you named were in the successful under 21's, under 20's and under 19's?

Gomez, Cook, Pickford, maybe Ward-Prowse. 

Ward Prowse should be in the squad before Livermore

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Southgate has said he will play 3 at the back in the world cup so pointless picking a different formation. 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I pick Cahill and Smalling in my team but it looks like Southgate wont pick either. 

Maguire is a good player and deserve to start the world cup after the Holland game. Who start right centre back im undecide yet. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't understand the point of the discussion if rather than picking the team you'd play, you are just discussing what team you think Southgate will play and agreeing with that.

You also said the other day that you wouldnt pick Smalling.

If people would prefer a different formation, or players that are unfavoured by Southgate, it still doesnt change peoples opinions that theyd prefer someone else.

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Yes... which are numbers lower than 10. Credit to him, he's fantastic. But to say he's world class would put him in the same bracket as Raul, Ronaldo, Puskas, or DiStefano.

Even Shearer sadly never QUITE got into that bracket, but he's the nearest thing we had.

Kane will certainly get there if he keeps it up though against a variety of opponents.

Alan shearer was world class and so was his celebration

• Like 4

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You only named 2 of those players in your original post !

In general, it currently looks a very exposed England squad which will be going to Russia.

Edited by Hasta

10 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

No he isn't. He's a very good striker who's had a couple of very good seasons. 

He's actually had four 4 very good seasons to be fair. 14/15 (21 goals in 34 games), 15/16 (25 goals in 38 games), 16/17 (29 goals in 30 games) and 17/18 (24 goals in 29 games).

• Like 1

England pick would be;

Butland

Stones Maguire Walker

Trippier  Henderson Wilshire  Rose

Alli   Lallana

Kane

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't understand the point of the discussion if rather than picking the team you'd play, you are just discussing what team you think Southgate will play and agreeing with that.

If people would prefer a different formation, or players that are unfavoured by Southgate, it still doesnt change peoples opinions that theyd prefer someone else.

Have to admire your patience.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AAK said:

He's actually had four 4 very good seasons to be fair. 14/15 (21 goals in 34 games), 15/16 (25 goals in 38 games), 16/17 (29 goals in 30 games) and 17/18 (24 goals in 29 games).

Yes, a very good record. Does that make him "world class" ? 

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What do you all make of scumbags on tour in the Netherlands? I thought those days were gone when talking about English football supporters. I suppose the hard men need to get it out of their systems because God knows they won't be going over to Russia trying the same shit 

They're pricks being pricks. What else needs to be said?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What do you all make of scumbags on tour in the Netherlands? I thought those days were gone when talking about English football supporters. I suppose the hard men need to get it out of their systems because God knows they won't be going over to Russia trying the same shit 

It is always a small minority of half- wits.

It had seemed to die down in the mid 00s, I went to Germany '06, massive England following, but really well behaved from what I remember.  

I think Social Media, with live video etc has brought it back, I see evidence from my Facebook etc., of folk I half know from Rovers away days, they have little real interest in the national team, but seem to think singing about '10 German bombers' and so on whilst chucking plastic chairs in canals in the height of hilarity and what you do when going abroad to watch England. 

Just pathetic really. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Southgate has said he will play 3 at the back in the world cup so pointless picking a different formation. 

Yeah I was saying how I'd want us too line up in Russia, balls to Southgate and 3 at the back. Not sure how you can suggest Cahill and Smalling when one has missed a lot of games this season for Chelsea and the other has been slated all season by united fans. I like Stones but he's not been consistently in the City team this season, Pep rotates his defence about a lot too be fair though. Too long the England side has been picked off whether you play for a top 4 team or not, it's about time we started those who have performed well for their club and have earned a shirt.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Butty said:

Yeah I was saying how I'd want us too line up in Russia, balls to Southgate and 3 at the back. Not sure how you can suggest Cahill and Smalling when one has missed a lot of games this season for Chelsea and the other has been slated all season by united fans. I like Stones but he's not been consistently in the City team this season, Pep rotates his defence about a lot too be fair though. Too long the England side has been picked off whether you play for a top 4 team or not, it's about time we started those who have performed well for their club and have earned a shirt.  

Southgate is right to play at the back and play out from the back mainly, Smalling has played 37 games this season for Man Utd but not sure he suited to play the ball out from the back Cahill was picked of he plays in a back 3 and understand that role but this season he has been poor despite playing 35 games for Chelsea. whilst Maguire has been very good for England and Leicester and deserve to start. Stones is very talented and will start. its who will partner him and Maguire. should it been Gomez or Dier or possibly Walker or Jones. 

6 hours ago, Hasta said:

You only named 2 of those players in your original post !

In general, it currently looks a very exposed England squad which will be going to Russia.

I would take Gomez and use Dier in centre midfielder as holding midfielder 

Cook is a very talented midfielder and someone I would be developing and using at this level 

I don't see an exposed England Sqaud, I see a England squad not scared with the some old mentality of the past and scared to play the football they can. 

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No it doesnt! You are picking the squad that YOU would take, so you dont consider it at all. I wouldnt have him anywhere near, and if he does IN MY OPINION itd be a mistake.

I told you my squad this week and yes I have consider what Southgate has done and said. 

17 hours ago, Butty said:

My starting line up for Russia if everyone's fit: Pope, Walker, Maguire, Stones, Bertrand/Rose at the back. I think Pope has clearly done better than Hart this season that is without question, and Butland and Pickford have made way more mistakes. We've got to build for the future like Ze Germans did in 2006. They won the World Cup in 2010 and although he's a dingle I think that he deserves a chance, it's about time England teams were picked on player rather than the club they play for. Midfield I'd have Dier and Wilshere holding. Dier is a no brainer and for me although he probably won't be fit :lol: on his day you'd have Wilshere over Henderson or Livermore all day. Henderson is a fraud. 3 behind the striker Sterling Alli and Rashford. Speaks for itself really. Kane up top. Say no more. Just like us, the mighty 4-2-3- 1 Chaddy loves too hate. As with any tournament I have zero faith in England but that would be my lineup. Interested to see how others on here would line us up in Russia. 

Please show me where I have said I hate this formation? Just more lies from yourself and you know it

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Stop talking down to me again. 

I agree with Southgate playing 3 at the back and the style of play that's suits our players. 

I don't see the point discussing a different formations to what Southgate ha already said he will play. very pointless debate and discussion

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes, a very good record. Does that make him "world class" ? 

How do we define 'world class' though Jim?

Think it's all about opinions when it comes to that. Personally I would say, yes he's world class. Most big teams in Europe will want him, his goal scoring record is better than all other players bar 2, he's consistently performing at a high level in terms of team competitions and personal performance and his all round game is excellent he doesn't 'just score goals' like a Jordan Rhodes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Could someone define "world class" because it seems to me everyone's favourite player is "world class" ? 

Would he get in a "World" squad of 18? 

I think he would. Based on current (last 12 months) form.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see an exposed England Sqaud, I see a England squad not scared with the some old mentality of the past and scared to play the football they can. 

By exposed I mean we know their ability (at club level) and I don't see many that are still improving. As I said earlier, I do t see Real and Barca queuing up for most. However I agree there are a large number in the current squad who haven't been around the  past failures at major tournaments and that and may relish the opportunity rather than be scared

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I told you my squad this week and yes I have consider what Southgate has done and said. 

Please show me where I have said I hate this formation? Just more lies from yourself and you know it

Stop talking down to me again. 

I agree with Southgate playing 3 at the back and the style of play that's suits our players. 

I don't see the point discussing a different formations to what Southgate ha already said he will play. very pointless debate and discussion

It was a joke Chadster. Relax mate.