Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair point Chaddy , think JB summed it up well on twitter  Link   Imagine the negotiations between Venkys and Levy. Insane. Levy: We will give you 10m. 2m upfront, 8m when we win the le

So he got more points in February than Tony Mowbray did , manager material?

Fair enough, if you've got a problem with his off the field antics and the celebrity nature of his girlfriend, I think a lot of people are re-writing history about Dack here. Barring a couple of

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Couple of really good points there.

The fact that Dack can be stopped at this level is why I think he would struggle at a higher standard. He’s a bit of a luxury player and you would need a pacy striker ahead of him.

Now, if he didn’t have a liking for the C-list celebrity life style and got his head head down to get fit and flying then he may be a different proposition. How many times did we say the same thing about Dunny though...

It would be interesting to see how Dack would do at this level when there clear danger-men all over the park (hopefully this may be us next year with Rothwell playing a more prominent role). I recall in the better periods under Bowyer that Rudy, Conway, King and Cairney all had their best runs by far when other teams couldn't afford to just target one player. Marshall too played his best football by a mile when he wasn't our go-to creative outlet. Strangely Rhodes was better in my view when the rest of the team was awful, but that was probably an exception!

Anyway, back on Dack, I think most teams have targeted him this year, but his goals & assists suggest that plenty didn't manage it! Totally accept that he has struggled at times though, and that better teams in the Prem would find this easier. I think my point is better made when looking at a player that our 6 fingered friends down the road had. If a pre-injury Jay Rodriguez was the star man in a top flight team, I'd say that he could be made to look like he wasn't all that special rather easily. Put him in a Southampton team with 4 or 5 other danger-men, then he flourishes to the extent that he gets an England jersey. I could see a similar sort of thing happening with Dack.

Come to think of it, I think you could probably say the same about most attacking talent that comes up through the lower leagues (with the odd exception like Vardy). Some of them are definitely up to it in the right team, but if the rest of the squad are below that level, then not only does the team struggle, but it probably has a knock on effect on how well the player performs as an individual with too much responsibility on their shoulders. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Yet he's excelled and formed a brilliant partnership with Danny Graham...

I don't understand this whole celebrity lifestyle that he is leading? His Mrs is a reality star, whatever you think about her is irrelevant, what has Dack actually done in the press to constitute such criticism? He posts on instagram - so does everyone from his generation. He gets put in the paper - not exactly his fault.

As far as I am concerned he turns up for training every day, has consistently performed over 2 successful seasons for us and has not once come out in the press of his own accord. What celeb lifestyle is he chasing? Orrrrrrrrrrrr, alternatively, and more likely, are you comparing apples with pears by basing this false opinion on him simply because he likes a girl that has become famous by being a reality star? ? 

Erm, in L1 and as part of a Championship side with a very mediocre finish.

Not sure why you don’t feel that a celebrity lifestyle can be a distraction preventing a modern footballer reaching the top of his game. Each to their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

Not sure why you don’t feel that a celebrity lifestyle can be a distraction preventing a modern footballer reaching the top of his game. Each to their own.

This seems to be the main gripe with Dack.

Where does the notion that he's George Best reincarnated come from?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Yet he ended it our top scorer, for the second season in a row.

It's a funny old game.....

Thank venkys for that , I suppose if you lower the bar enough people will be happy with mediocrity,  and Bradley Dack is mediocre 

Edited by Sparks Rover
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead
42 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Thank venkys for that , I suppose if you lower the bar enough people will be happy with mediocrity,  and Bradley Dack is mediocre 

You’re missing the point and putting words in my mouth.

I’m expressing gratitude to our top scorer for the last two seasons. 

Nothing less, nothing more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You’re missing the point and putting words in my mouth.

I’m expressing gratitude to our top scorer for the last two seasons. 

Nothing less, nothing more.

Shades of when Rhodes was here, I loved Rhodes but there were so many who bitched about him even though he was banging over 20 goals a season. Without Dack we’d still be in league one, if anyone deserves a bit of praise it’s that lad. He may have had a few games this season where he’s not performed but he’s not out of place at all at championship level, the stats speak for themselves in that regard. Lads got the talent, I just hope he can fulfill his potential because there’s still 10/20% in him we haven’t got yet I feel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why we can’t discuss whether Dack is good enough for the PL in response to speculation linking him with a love there. ??‍♂️

The fact he can boss League One and is a decent Championship player is fine and everything but it doesn’t really change the debate.

”Leave him alone he’s been a good un”

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead

Discuss whatever you want, I just think some are being incredibly harsh on him after two of the best seasons of his career so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He has no work ethic, and this alone will stop him becoming even a good premier league player.  

If I have a premier league team with 10 outfield places, Dack can only play in one position due to his lack of pace and power, so he's a squad player at best. No pace and very lazy

Nonsense. You've obviously never really watched him live. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dack is quality in a painfully average and pedestrian team. His ball retention, skill and finishing ability are lower half Prem standard. Considering how few chances we make from open play his goal return is excellent. 

He's needs to look after himself more though because he was obviously overweight in the 2nd half of last season. Or at least he looked it. 

The pace thing is a bit of a non-issue. You don't have to be especially quick to play as a No.10. The timing of runs and a good football brain are far more important in his position. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Dack is quality in a painfully average and pedestrian team. His ball retention, skill and finishing ability are lower half Prem standard. Considering how few chances we make from open play his goal return is excellent. 

He's needs to look after himself more though because he was obviously overweight in the 2nd half of last season. Or at least he looked it. 

The pace thing is a bit of a non-issue. You don't have to be especially quick to play as a No.10. The timing of runs and a good football brain are far more important in his position. 

 

I think he's easy to defend against and the second half of the season proved that.  He's a bit of a one trick pony and his lack of pace will keep him at this level. No doubt he's a quality player, but we need him slimmer, hungry, shaven every now and then , and him to come back after preseason like a feckin animal.  Then I'll even consider what you are saying.  He needs to live it, not piss around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think he's easy to defend against and the second half of the season proved that.  He's a bit of a one trick pony and his lack of pace will keep him at this level. No doubt he's a quality player, but we need him slimmer, hungry, shaven every now and then , and him to come back after preseason like a feckin animal.  Then I'll even consider what you are saying.  He needs to live it, not piss around.

Honestly Sparks - you do realise you’ve just described him as mediocre?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He has been mediocre because of his shape, lifestyle etc. Quality players are all through the leagues

I think that word is just a bit over critical personally. He had a dip with the team, looked to be “over-trying” at times or appearing to force things. Mediocre is a word I save for Evans and Williams generally!

Would his lifestyle impact his fitness and ability? Yes, possibly, but so does his personality - the audacity of his play at times coupled with his talismanic impact on and off the pitch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dack often appears anonymous during a game but he does three or four things no-one else on the pitch could do.

That's why I like him. His fitness, his attitude, his off the field life, are all aspects which a good manger can work on but those silky skills he has cannot---they are instinctive and we are lucky to have him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2019 at 19:43, K-Hod said:

Fair enough, if you've got a problem with his off the field antics and the celebrity nature of his girlfriend, I think a lot of people are re-writing history about Dack here.

Barring a couple of spells where we went off the boil, he's been our talisman and top scorer for the last two seasons. 

If he does leave, we will miss him a lot more than he misses us. 

 

This is just brilliant. 

Dack is absolutely class and apart from the odd blip here and there we are lucky to have him as a player! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still trying to find evidence of this celebrity lifestyle Dack has been leading during his time with us that has warranted the mediocre claims.............................

I don't dare to suggest most are confusing his rich lifestyle with a celebrity lifestyle - of course he's got a plastic mrs, designer clothes and taste for good things....he's on more than 10k a week, so would you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I am still trying to find evidence of this celebrity lifestyle Dack has been leading during his time with us that has warranted the mediocre claims.............................

I don't dare to suggest most are confusing his rich lifestyle with a celebrity lifestyle - of course he's got a plastic mrs, designer clothes and taste for good things....he's on more than 10k a week, so would you!

I asked the same question the other day.

Nobody provided an answer.

He's a 20 odd year old footballer. Glamour follows them around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.