BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, I like it, so I will continue using it. 

Fair enough, I'll just have to start seriously doubting your postings if you're happy to adopt the techniques of a known charlatan. We'll leave it there then.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

From J*B’s ITK contact.

Ask him.

It’s a transfer rumour, so being discussed on the transfer rumour thread... imagine that!

Just seems like people are taking this one without the necessary pinch of salt, it's hard enough wading through here for facts as it is!

• Like 1

I said previously that if Mowbray was to stay (which I was not in favour of) it must have been on the proviso that someone was brought in to oversee player incomings and outgoings. Whilst I am very concerned about the lack of incomings, I am also concerned about the lack of outgoings as there are a number of player on the books who we should be actively looking to offload. 

• Like 4

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Just seems like people are taking this one without the necessary pinch of salt, it's hard enough wading through here for facts as it is!

Or they are using TM’s own past utterances that the owners are keener to spend than he is and seeing some correlation ..

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Are we just making stuff up now and running with it re: Mowbray turning down funds?

Well tbh there’s not much else 

Saw a random on twitter saying we’d agreed to sign Bradley Johnson from Derby if that cheers you up?

4EE3D097-810C-4542-B97A-AA8F07C691C1.jpeg

Edited by Biz
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

It’s clear to me that TM is scared shitless of spending big and failing. I can’t blame him. Of the three promoted sides in 18/19, only Villa spent, and they scraped promotion via a low place play off finish, which in another season wouldn’t have come off.

TM knows that if he’s given a £20m to go massive that he has to get us into the top 6, and that’s a lot of pressure.

Well there is FFP to consider as well but you do get the impression he is terrified of backing himself on a few 2 or 3 million pound players.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Not really.  Any half decent manager will suss that diagonal ball long to DG.  In fact, they did start to suss it out.

We need a new system, more dynamic and less predictable.

I didn't doubt that the system needs some adaptation, I just said we will be fine (ie, similar position to last time) IF we are still using that system. Indications are we won't. My point is Graham himself isn't a problem, or anything like poor, currently. His hold up play is decent enough that it doesn't require us to predictably pump it aerially to him. We simply choose to. He can hold it up on the deck too and I'm sure he'd make a good foil in a two up top. Again, unless his legs go.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Or they are using TM’s own past utterances that the owners are keener to spend than he is and seeing some correlation ..

It's just a new angle to have a dig.

For a man so scared of putting his neck on the line he didn't half spend a lot of money on a 19 year old.

• Like 2

Just now, Biz said:

Saw a random on twitter saying we’d agreed to sign Bradley Johnson from Derby if that cheers you up?

Johnson would be the exact right sort of experienced player we need. As in solid top 6 player with some years and legs left to offer. Butterfield has been good in the past, not sure where he's at these days.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 3

Indeed he did buy BB.

Because it was a transfer that fit the buy young English talent for our ‘trading model’.

The fact he is so raw tells us that it is not the transfer policy of a club that sees promotion as a priority, but to be this mythical ‘self sufficient’ club. An impossibility for Blackburn Rovers with our income streams yet massively expensive  infrastructure when in this league.

Of course, that isn’t TM’s naive policy.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

• Moderation Lead

It's just a new angle to have a dig.

For a man so scared of putting his neck on the line he didn't half spend a lot of money on a 19 year old.

It really isn't, it's just people remarking on things he's said in relation to transfers, in the transfer thread.

Come on lad, you're better than being as sensitive as that!

Just now, bluebruce said:

Or it shows how far off your opinion on Graham is. I'm fairly sure you're the only poster on here who thinks he is currently crap. It's a big worry whether he will deteriorate this year, but if he stays fit and plays like last season we're fine (in the current system of play). 

The day isn't far off when Graham does hit the wall. If it isn't next season it'll be the season after. We need a potential replacement this season. Whatever style of football we play we'll need somebody who knows where the goals are.

• Like 2

Just now, K-Hod said:

It really isn't, it's just people remarking on things he's said in relation to transfers, in the transfer thread.

Come on lad, you're better than being as sensitive as that!

Obviously I'm not!

Just a little wearing tbh, people don't half like to run with half arsed and half baked theories!

I fail to believe that the owners are the good guys looking to improve us when it comes to this dynamic and I'm astounded that other people seemingly do.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

Fair enough, I'll just have to start seriously doubting your postings if you're happy to adopt the techniques of a known charlatan. We'll leave it there then.

"START"? LOL

Just now, Biz said:

wonder what happened to Blackman.  He seemed to have a good couple of seasons and I've not seen him for a bit......

Obviously I'm not!

Just a little wearing tbh, people don't half like to run with half arsed and half baked theories!

I fail to believe that the owners are the good guys looking to improve us when it comes to this dynamic and I'm astounded that other people seemingly do.

I don’t trust them one bit.

The drawbridge can be unceremoniously withdrawn just like it was for Bowyer.

Therefore if there is a sizeable budget it would be wise to spend it, or TM will be trying to find his own Fode Koitas before he can say ‘Assombalonga’ 

‘Telling them to slow down’ is very naive of the manager.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Johnson would be a class signing, would be an improvement on the quality we have and is also the kind of central midfielder we are currently lacking. 

I find the lack of movement/progress on signing a defender concerning. I’m not bothered in the slightest by missing out on Bauer, we need someone with more quality to come in in that area to help solve our defensive issues. But I had hoped we would go in for someone along the lines of jake cooper but there hasn’t seemed to be any movement on that one. We need someone of real quality to come in. I don’t think we need a number of centre half’s, just the one who can come in and be first choice next to Lenihan and do the job needed. Mulgrew/williams/Magloire can cover. Another fear of mine is that TM is gonna pursue with Bennet at RB this season, not only do I think he is extremely vulnerable but it could seriously stunt the progress of Nyambe. Who I think could be a top player. 

As things stand I believe we are weaker than when we started last season (no reed) so we’re gonna need some real progress on the transfer front in the next couple of weeks if were gonna get anywhere close to the Playoffs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I use it half-jokingly. I think it's hillarious. I know Trump is a bufoon 

The latest rumour is a bit of a bombshell to me. My hunch was that the Indians had cut Mowbrays budget hence the distinct lack of movement and that we were apparently outbid for two players. This bolt from the blue has thrown the cat amongst the pigeons but Mowbrays admission that he had to persuade the owners not to spend adds a touch of credence to the story. If it's true then Mowbray isn't the right man to take us up and we should prepare ourselves for the low light oven rather than the microwave we were expecting. But then again why would he target a top six finish and not spend big?

I'm confused but come the end of the window all will be revealed.

Taking the requisite amount of salt - the Butterworth link is very interesting too. Very talented in his spell at Hudds, seems to have dropped off when he should've been coming into his prime. Wouldn't be against it, but a strange one. 

Johnson is a grade A sh*thouse on the pitch. Which is ideal. I'd be absolutely in favour of this on a free, Johnson and Travis would be a pair with serious bite and still try to get the ball forward quickly. 

• Like 3