BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Biz said:

My view is this season depends on improving the defence.

Grant Hanley would be a good addition for me. Future Scottish captain preened by the current one? 

I agree Hanley would have been a good signing but apparently that one is dead in the water.

Top quality centre back, central midfielder and main striker the bare minimum for me. All would cost decent money.

Oh and a new contract for Travis.

• Like 2

Just now, Biz said:

My view is this season depends on improving the defence.

Grant Hanley would be a good addition for me. Future Scottish captain preened by the current one? 

That seems to have gone quiet though. I agree he's just what we need on the field.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

How do we know that though? I'm just catching up here. Not saying it isn't the case 

From on the record ‘I have to slow the owners down’, and J*B ITK post stating it is the owners still pushing TM to spend.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

From on the record ‘I have to slow the owners down’, and J*B ITK post stating it is the owners still pushing TM to spend.

The quote from last January was it?  Right, I thought there was something new

Interesting if true anyway. Something will have to give. 

40 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Why did they waste all that time having meetings in India, if they are now still undecided on the way forward?

Sounds like the majority of meetings where I work. Lots of waffle, no actions. And to think they only do that twice a year on average. Simply cannot see us ever reaching the promised land under this lot.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Graham isn't that good these days and that's probably an understatement.

Hypothetically Assombalonga would be a cracking replacement but you're right to say a top quality Championship striker doesn't come cheap these days. Nevertheless it has to be done regardless of cost and unless Brereton suddenly astounds us all, our prospects this season will  depend largely on whether Graham is replaced and if so, how good that replacement is imo.

Which gets you the ASSombalonga award:

download.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The quote from last January was it?  Right, I thought there was something new

Interesting if true anyway. Something will have to give. 

J*B’s info is new. Arguments right now over transfer policy.

So nothing has changed with the TM/Venky dynamic is the thrust.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, JHRover said:

Talking about, thinking about, hoping to. Ifs buts and maybes. That's life under Venkys. 

They are apparently billionaires who will do whatever is needed to deliver success. They want to sign Beckham and Ronaldinho. They want to appoint Rafa Benitez. We get Steve Kean and Mauro Formica. They want to spend to get us promoted but unfortunately those nasty FFp rules stop them and they have to sell everyone of any value, rip up the squad, only allow loans and frees and take us to League One. They now want to spend but have managed to stumble across the only manager in world football who will try to persuade them to spend less. Outcome? I know what I expect.

A succession of excuses, theories, tales of hard luck, missed targets.

End result is the same. Every time. Common theme through all this? Bull**** from the owners over 9 years.

Spent more than £10 million last summer though. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Hanley v Mulgrew for same left footed CB position, the one who's taken his place in the national team, Rangers v Celtic....

It would be a heady brew considering Big Heeds kind of attitude, think Charlie would end up black eyed or on crutches !  

Remember when Duffy was out with a shiner at the same time Grant was out with a training ground injury ?   Hmmm.....

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sounds like the majority of meetings where I work. Lots of waffle, no actions. And to think they only do that twice a year on average. Simply cannot see us ever reaching the promised land under this lot.

You must work in Civil Engineering.

I've to attend a worthwhile meeting in like 15 years.

Mowbray talks of improving the defence and bringing in proven quality, goes to India and then on his return announces he's happy with the defence we have, we may have to sell to invest and talks of bringing in young lads who had future sell on value. Does that sound like owners who want to splash the cash.

imo any reports of war chests and getting back to the premier league is PR to improve the way fans perceive venkys because it doesn't sound or appear like tiny has got the full backing he wanted.

• Like 2

• Backroom
12 hours ago, Madon said:

RE Assombalonga... I had an extremely reliable source in January, we were 100% in for Assombalonga then and Waggott definitely did meet his representatives. 

Unfortunately because I posted everything i found out on this messageboard I'm no longer told anything and therefore have no idea if this is true this time around. 

I wouldn't be surprised and Neophox has a pretty good track record if i rememebr rightly? 

Not particularly....bring back unleaded - now that was a good track record 

Edited by Tom

• Backroom
Just now, Tom said:

Not particularly....bring back unleaded - now that was a good track record 

I think Unleaded was who I was thinking of TBH!!

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Talking about, thinking about, hoping to. Ifs buts and maybes. That's life under Venkys. 

They are apparently billionaires who will do whatever is needed to deliver success. They want to sign Beckham and Ronaldinho. They want to appoint Rafa Benitez. We get Steve Kean and Mauro Formica. They want to spend to get us promoted but unfortunately those nasty FFp rules stop them and they have to sell everyone of any value, rip up the squad, only allow loans and frees and take us to League One. They now want to spend but have managed to stumble across the only manager in world football who will try to persuade them to spend less. Outcome? I know what I expect.

A succession of excuses, theories, tales of hard luck, missed targets.

End result is the same. Every time. Common theme through all this? Bull**** from the owners over 9 years.

We heard similar when hit by embargo, owners desperate to spend to take team up but can't then before that it was the famous 50 mill war chest which just happened to equate to the value of 4 seasons parachute money coincidently.  All spewed on 4 or 5 players and their contracts minus the %%% of course.

Window dressing bollocks when most would consider the promised 5 mill per window or even per summer sound investment if it went in the right areas.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, Madon said:

I think Unleaded was who I was thinking of TBH!!

Unleaded broke the Nzonzi and Linganzi transfers before anyone knew they existed 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, J*B said:

Just texted a good friend that tends to know about this sort of thing... direct response below:

Rovers transfer policy is chaos.

They have lost control and now going back to targets they considered last year.

Mowbray wanted to stay calm and wait until deadline day to get his #1 targets but Venky's are panicking and saying that money needs to be spent ASAP to avoid not getting players on deadline day.

Assombalonga one of many being contacted.

Apart from Assombalonga, who was our targets from last year?