BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

47 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Looks like operation sell Armstrong is in full swing.

The hardest player to find is a goal scorer, no doubt about that in my mind, its always been the case. Without goals you don't win games, simple as that.

I could never understand why posters wanted to sell Rhodes, a 20+ a season goal scorer, its made no sense.

But.......

If Venkys have crawled out from under the rock and told Mowbray he can sell Armstrong and spend the cash from the sale, as the manager I'd be looking to sell him as quickly as possible, especially if the numbers of £20m are correct.

I don't know about FFP and how that would work, but if that cash can be reinvested in the playing side we'd have a slim chance of challenging the play off places next season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

The hardest player to find is a goal scorer, no doubt about that in my mind, its always been the case. Without goals you don't win games, simple as that.

I could never understand why posters wanted to sell Rhodes, a 20+ a season goal scorer, its made no sense.

But.......

If Venkys have crawled out from under the rock and told Mowbray he can sell Armstrong and spend the cash from the sale, as the manager I'd be looking to sell him as quickly as possible, especially if the numbers of £20m are correct.

I don't know about FFP and how that would work, but if that cash can be reinvested in the playing side we'd have a slim chance of challenging the play off places next season.

Under a different manager I'd agree. Under Mowbray no.

We won't get close to £20 million in this climate unless someone gets desperate. 1 year remaining on his deal will see us down towards £10 million. Still enough for Mowbray to get serious brownie points in India and secure his position for another year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Under a different manager I'd agree. Under Mowbray no.

We won't get close to £20 million in this climate unless someone gets desperate. 1 year remaining on his deal will see us down towards £10 million. Still enough for Mowbray to get serious brownie points in India and secure his position for another year.

Are we looking to extend that contract JH? I've not seen anything in the press?

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There is no chance of challenging the play off places come April/May next year under Mowbray.  Whatever happens with Armstrong or anybody else, non, zilch, zip, nadda, zero.

I think with £20m me and you could have us challenging tomphil.

I'll drop Waggott an email 👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

I think with £20m me and you could have us challenging tomphil.

I'll drop Waggott an email 👍

😂 we'd all like to think so !

Don't get me wrong i know it isn't easy and i'd predicted us to fall short anyway this season. Been very disappointing though and my main problem with TM is i think he's too quick with the excuses.

He always seems to have them in a row ready even before anything goes wrong, i think it rubs off on the team. Collectively they don't want it enough and they don't believe in it enough.

Mindset is all wrong but it's ok when they can all just keep shrugging their shoulders and plodding on. Soon as the comfort zone gets threatened by hard questions dummy's and toys start flying.

It all needs a reset imo although we all know a Venky reset isn't exactly reliable.

• Like 6

If the owners had anything about them and Mowbray came trotting along with his Brentford comparisons the first thing they'd do would be to ask him why we're trying to copy a club that hasn't got promoted. 

Surely the aim is to get promoted asap? Or not?

Again we see that the owners don't really want promotion, they're willing and able to sink in £15 million a year no sweat especially if they can be persuaded that it is leading to assets on the books. I'm not even sure that is essential to them but it sounds nice and is a back up for a mid table manager to convince people there's more at stake than just points and wins. 

If Venkys did take all this seriously then half the squad wouldn't be out of contract in a couple of months and we wouldn't have a defence built on loans.

Mowbray another one taking advantage of the vacuum. He's here to stay folks and Armstrong is the golden goose that will save his skin.

Speaking of Armstrong isn't it amazing that after 3.5 years of exemplary fitness he's suddenly out of action for weeks on end whilst the manager openly invites interest.

Anyone would think there's more going on here than meets the eye.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

He's just switching tack again to making it all about producing players to sell. I'm sure he'd just love that scenario of now brainwashing the owners into forgetting about the top 6.  If they haven't already of course but the seed he's planting now is the resources we have we can't even trouble the top 6.

Abject nonsense it's his own capabilities and signings that are falling short of at least having a go at it.

In short he's looking at yet another way of covering his own failings and cock ups.  Said it a thousand times but what would some gaffers in this division give for what he's had the past few years ?

Are his might Boro - a club very similar to ourselves just in a less diluted catchment area - Are they looking to downscale to copy Brentford ???

Why can't we continue to concentrate on making the best use of the good resources we do have. Instead of bemoaning what we don't have all the time ?

Defeatist tosser.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

The Brentford model involves getting shut of Academy and Youth teams which is what Mowbray is up to despite him saying that the goings on at Brockhall are above his pay grade.

He was openly anti-Academy on his arrival at Rovers, nothing has changed.

The Boro connection/favours is so obvious I will leave it at that.

Mowbray arrived at Rovers as a busted flush, he will leave as one whenever that may occur.

A professional bullshitter.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Well it is close to Easter , at Rovers (under our glorious owners) this is called the Nelsen phenomenon,  it is up there with crying statues and apparitions.

Wait till Swag and Mowbs perform the parting of Brockhall village and turn water into wine Two training facilities into one  

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 3

I was saying earlier that Mowbray thinks he is being clever with the Brentford aspirations yet in practice we are now in year 5 of his project and to still be hoping to copy fecking Brentford says it all about his journey and how it has gone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray: “Brentford are four or five years further on than this club in the buying and selling of players, their recruitment has been data driven for a long time”

Yet another clock re-set. 

What a fucking wanker this specimen is.

If that's truly the case the next question has to be why? He's pointing our a major club failure. Why are we still 4 - 5 years behind Brentford, why hasn't this been spotted earlier and why as a club were we 9 - 10 years behind them previously? Surely the board can expedite the process or will we forever be 4 or 5 years behind Brentford? Brentford! Christ. It's absolute nonsense.

Edited by Ghost7
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

If that's truly the case the next question has to be why? He's pointing our a major club failure. Why are we still 4 - 5 years behind Brentford, why hasn't this been spotted earlier and why as a club were we 9 - 10 years behind them previously? Surely the board can expedite the process or will be forever be 4 - 5 years behind Brentford? Brentford! Christ. It's absolute nonsense.

We appear to have owners and a large number of fans who believe it.

It really is possible to fool some of the people all of the time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray: “Brentford are four or five years further on than this club in the buying and selling of players, their recruitment has been data driven for a long time”

That is a horrible comment frankly 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Where to start with this? Oh I know, as usual, it's a lie. I'd like to know when Brentford were able to have a positive net spend of £12-15 million over a few years. Or indeed how long ago it was since they started spending that. 

On a seperate note, engaging with the comment - and it's just a school of thought - but I don't think spunking money on Bereton, Gally and Ayala would really have helped us progress in our transfer ambitions. But of course that can't be TMs fault either. 

And this Brentford assessing and analysing and getting it right with players - remind me who their goalkeeper is? Every excuse the clown makes is an unintended indictment of his own inadequacy. 

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Totally agree. Immoral and incompetent - sooner he and his mates go the better 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Where to start with this? Oh I know, as usual, it's a lie. I'd like to know when Brentford were able to have a positive net spend of £12-15 million over a few years. Or indeed how long ago it was since they started spending that. 

On a seperate note, engaging with the comment - and it's just a school of thought - but I don't think spunking money on Bereton, Gally and Ayala would really have helped us progress in our transfer ambitions. But of course that can't be TMs fault either. 

And this Brentford assessing and analysing and getting it right with players - remind me who their goalkeeper is? Every excuse the clown makes is an unintended indictment of his own inadequacy. 

Totally agree. Immoral and incompetent - sooner he and his mates go the better 

This sort of stuff is then published in the LT without any attempt at analysis or critique and by this omission becomes in the eyes of many readers,it appears, a respected supporter of a therefore supposed 'truth'

The LT has become nothing more than a Club propaganda unit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This sort of stuff is then published in the LT without any attempt at analysis or critique and by this omission becomes in the eyes of many readers,it appears, a respected supporter of a therefore supposed 'truth'

The LT has become nothing more than a Club propaganda unit.

Agree. Journalism isn't what it was or should be. It annoys me when so many of.his statements are utterly at odds with reality, it seems harder to report it as is then question. 32 games into journey - I mean who didn't think that deserved a question. Like 'managers don't often get that time' or what happened to the last 2 years?' or 'how come Boro and Barnsley and Reading aren't needing 9 year plans?' I get there is having a positive slant but it seems now that extends to literally changing what reality is.

• Like 1

Our local media aren’t interested in holding the club/the manager to account.

Interviews with TM are just an exercise in teeing up soft questions that will get a few quotable lines for the next article/radio package without rocking the boat. The LT especially know that paper sales/website traffic is heavily reliant on sport coverage, so the last thing they want is to upset the local football clubs with the financial state local papers are in.

All the President’s Men, it ain’t...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5