BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

9 hours ago, booth said:

“Sacked in the morning...”

I remember when that actually happened after an epic bad run.

Paul Ince must be absolutely livid when he sees the amount of time and number of epic bad runs Mowbray keeps getting.

• Like 2

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Adds to Darren Lewis' theory that Ince got canned because we are racist

Different times, different people. No way was the Ince sacking remotely racist.

If anything Lewis going down that road will have done a lot of harm for clubs fearing the same.

16 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I know but once you add the snow balling of Venkys.

The snow ball wasn’t racist either.

All they had to do was sack Kean while we were in the PL and all would have been well.

17 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/26/blackburn-rovers-champions-league

10 Years ago Venkys were talking about qualifying for the Champions League.

Today they are allowing the manager to talk about being 4-5 years behind Brentford.

It's maddening really. 

I'm not sure you have used the right adjective, I'm thinking something stronger.

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

Funny how Rovers were the first English club to appoint a black British top flight manager (a decision that had nothing to do with race). Not a mention. But when we sacked him it was racist (also a decision that had nothing to do with race). Lazy journalism by the gutter press. 

No, absolutely, he was just a shit manager!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Was it Darren Lewis? I thought it was Oliver Holt?

I thought it was Andy dunn of the mirror!! Whoever it was was a complete and utter moron to suggest it. We gave him plenty of time, too much in my opinion, and he had to go. How Ince must wish the Venkys owned the club during his tenure. He'd probably still be here now! 

2 hours ago, Lucimo said:

Bristol City and Norwich up next. Can't see anything out of these 2 fixtures. Wycombe after that is an absolute must win. Mowbray will still be in a job and we'll miss the boat on Wilder. Meanwhile wouldn't be surprised to see brum fire karanka this week and make a move for him. 

Preston will get rid of Neil before we fire Mowbray.

Just think that one through for an illustration of how dysfunctional this club is.

Neil has had a fraction of Mowbray's resources, at a smaller club with lower requirements, and had them top of the league last season before West Brom tried approaching him. They're supposedly having a bad season yet are level with us. 

These clubs are going to be ahead of us in getting new managers and getting themselves sorted for next season.

We will end up keeping Mowbray because we can't be bothered or don't have the skill set to find a new manager and won't have enough time with the squad set for demolition in the summer.

• Like 5

9 years ago we were in the Prem then we dropped with 4 years parachute money. Since then we've been bang in the middle of the champ barring 1 season in league 1.

How the feck can we be 4 or 5 years behind Brentford ?   He was saying similar about Preston not long ago when they beat us and finished above us x2.

Add in Bowyer turned a couple of million quids worth of signings into 20+ mill. We spent 8 on a striker before that and he himself has spent 15 million on 3 forwards.

The man is quite simply full of shit but the crafty old sod knows the owners and some of our fans are thick as shit as well.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

9 years ago we were in the Prem then we dropped with 4 years parachute money. Since then we've been bang in the middle of the champ barring 1 season in league 1.

How the feck can we be 4 or 5 years behind Brentford ?   He was saying similar about Preston not long ago when they beat us and finished above us x2.

The man is quite simply full of shit but the crafty old sod knows the owners and some of our fans are thick as shit as well.

I would say most fans 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We're officially the worst team in the league over the last ten games. 1 win, 5 points and 8 goals scored. 

He'd be sacked at a normal club, especially where the target was challenging for the Top 6. 

Was just looking at that. Brum are 19th in that 10-game-form table and have just sacked Karanka.

People are still defending him though. “Form table is meaningless, it’s about points  already won.”

Some truth in that but it does beg the question: how bad does it have to get?

• Like 2