BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Was just looking at that. Brum are 19th in that 10-game-form table and have just sacked Karanka.

People are still defending him though. “Form table is meaningless, it’s about points  already won.”

Some truth in that but it does beg the question: how bad does it have to get?

The statisticians and drone flyers have other roles depicted within their job specifications, do I really need to spell it out any further where some influence on social media comes from?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Was just looking at that. Brum are 19th in that 10-game-form table and have just sacked Karanka.

People are still defending him though. “Form table is meaningless, it’s about points  already won.”

Didn't know Karanka had been sacked. He's been under pressure for months but still got 3 more points than Mowbray in the last 10 games. 

And as for points already gained, it's a fairly meaningless argument when Mowbray is going to finish miles from his self-acknowledged target of top 6. 

Looking at the fixtures our next 5 games are Bristol C, Norwich, Wycombe. B'mouth and Cardiff.

I wonder if 1 win in 15 games is enough to get him the sack? I have my doubts. 

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Didn't know Karanka had been sacked. He's been under pressure for months but still got 3 more points than Mowbray in the last 10 games. 

And as for points already gained, it's a fairly meaningless argument when Mowbray is going to finish miles from his self-acknowledged target of top 6. 

Looking at the fixtures our next 5 games are Bristol C, Norwich, Wycombe. B'mouth and Cardiff.

It’s hard to say what would get him the sack. If Jack had have been here he would have been gone about 2 years ago.

• Like 1

Jacket sacked by Pompey, the manager grab is well underway now. Clubs getting it done and getting prepped for next season already in some cases.

Judging by a lot of Pompey comments it's a similar situ to here, nice guy, gentleman, tried his best. Need fresh blood and new ideas etc.  Players tweeting thanks gaffer always an honest guy and all that.

It needn't be a sour parting of the ways but when the time comes it has to be done. If it's done properly then it's a hell of a lot easier on everyone even if they don't agree with it.

Here though it has to be left so long it festers bad then ends up turning into a witch hunt. Turning fan against fan and the media onto the fans and all the rest. If it was politics you'd say it's being done on purpose to be as divisive as possble.

Another unwanted symptom of the venky era.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 9

Makes you wonder if some of poor form is anything to do with him not being around. Less pressure to go out and put the foot and the gas and more license to chop and change without having to answer to anyone ?

Maybe not but it does make you think seeing as there's the huge void between here and India. 

52 minutes ago, Stuart said:

In a world where survival in the Championship is taken as the pinnacle of success.

Mowbrays stooges on social media will scrape the barrel and bend any truth to support their cretin.

• Like 1

Yeah 'Sorry Steve we can't seem  to win and are dropping down the league rapidly'

S    ' Don't worry about it Tone these things happen, it'll be reet'

T     'What about the owners though ?'

S     'Ah leave them to me, besides iv'e sent them a plan i think the'll go for !'

T     'Nice one Waggo that'll soften the blow'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

With Suhail Pasha back, you assume he's back for either getting rid of our inept manager, CEO, assistant manager, and Lowe? Or overseeing Brockhall sale?

Is he back? Does he spend large periods of time not here? Would he be sent over to sack the manager? What does he even do?

If you are expecting the imminent sacking of Mowbray, I fear that your hope is blind.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is he back? Does he spend large periods of time not here? Would he be sent over to sack the manager? What does he even do?

If you are expecting the imminent sacking of Mowbray, I fear that your hope is blind.

It was mention in the Brockhall thread last night. Well considering we have been on lockdown for 12 months and he is Indian(I think) you would think he would have been with his family in India and not in the UK.

Pasha is the owners representative at the club and Mowbray talks to him then he rely back to.the owners. Mowbray confirm this last weekend in BBC Radio Lancashire interview. Didnt you see it?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pasha is the owners representative at the club and Mowbray talks to him then he rely back to.the owners. Mowbray confirm this last weekend in BBC Radio Lancashire interview. Didnt you see it?

You mean a bit like a modern day Shebby Singh? But without the nasty streak.

Edited by Sparks Rover

14 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He'll get the win v Wycombe which will erase the previous poor form. Amazing how one win does that around these parts. Shame it doesn't do the same for the league table.

• Like 2

Yeah I think we can see how the season plays out.

We'll get a point against Bristol, a win against Wycombe then another win and a couple of draws in the last 7 games after that.

Then it will all be about "we might aswell see who we sign in the summer and how we start next season"

Such a deflating time.

• Like 5