BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Stephen Pears is big mates with Mowbray, they played with each other for years at Boro and he used to be TM’s goalkeeping coach too.

Perhaps daddy could give his son some pointers, as he is dog.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We brought in Kaminski, we had Fisher who now plays every week for MK Dons (and is doing well, by all accounts), we brought in the Greek lad... so why was Pears needed on a FOUR year deal (longer contract than I remember any new signing coming in on)?

Just like all these property coincidences, I’m sure the fact his dad has a decades old friendship and is a former teammate and member of the manager’s coaching staff, is just another...

There definitely seems to be some difference between the recruitment dept and the manager on some of these.  Looks like a bit of foot stomping there from Mowbray putting one over the recruitment lot.

Should have been one or the other with the Greek lad and Pears so now we have another wage being wasted. 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray's signings:

Smallwood, Downing x 2, Johnson, Armstrong, Chapman, Dack, Samuel, Pears, Ayala, Douglas, Cunningham 

I don't think Mowbray Signings:

Brereton, Kaminski, Davenport, Rothwell, Braithwaite, Stergiakis, Harwood Bellis, Pickering, Adarabioyo, Dolan, Nuttall, Hart

Middle ground could be Mowbray but maybe not:

Gallagher, Holtby, Antonsson, Bell, Gladwin, Payne, Trybull

I'd missed off the signings of Lieutwiler, Smallwood, Samuel, Hart and Gladwin. Nuttall was signed for the U23s. Mowbray claimed the fans forced him to play Nuttall  - thought his U23 form forced that. He did, destroyed his confidence. Then played him again and was dropped and sold. I'd not included McBride and Hilton for the same reason - signed for the U23s. I don't include the 9 (I really wish IO could forget Walton) only signed as loans,  2 of whom were out with long term injuries. Injuries are feature of a lot of his other signings.

Mowbray claimed fan pressure forced him to play Chapman. If Mowbray listened to fans he would not persist playing Gallagher wide right.  I'd have quite liked the idea of Chapman and Dolan playing together as real wingers. If Mowbray's going to play 4231, why wouldn't McBride play as the 1? Then you'd play Nyambe alongside Lenihan and blood Pike at RB and Thompson, to see if he's worth a contract at LB.

The only two standout stars are Armstrong and Dack. The only out-and-out-duds I'd label Bell and Hart. Bell only because he wasn't and isn't what we need.

All the signings are down to Mowbray. I don't believe anybody else is forcing players on Mowbray

Edited by Richard Oakley

Bristol City are an 'old fashioned' team according to Mowbray. He really does think he is some sort of modern day pioneer of the game in the same mould of Guardiola. He's utterly deluded I have seen anything since Mowbray turned up at Rovers that I hadn't seen before and I have also see a hell of a lot better stuff than anything he has ever produced.

Rovers warned of 'old-fashioned' Bristol City & Palmer threat | Lancashire Telegraph

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Bristol City are an 'old fashioned' team according to Mowbray. He really does think he is some sort of modern day pioneer of the game in the same mould of Guardiola. He's utterly deluded I have seen anything since Mowbray turned up at Rovers that I hadn't seen before and I have also see a hell of a lot better stuff than anything he has ever produced.

Rovers warned of 'old-fashioned' Bristol City & Palmer threat | Lancashire Telegraph

Yeah, all that set-pieces and formations stuff, well out-dated...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Have a listen to what Keegan says from 1:26 onwards. That's exactly the type of attitude I want to see from a Rovers manager. Mowbray is so far away from that kind of positive approach it's unreal. Bigging up average opposition every week just to cover himself. It gives players an excuse and puts doubts in their minds before a ball has even been kicked.

There are many things that wind me up about this lot. The defeatist, loser mentality is right up there as one of them. The fact he makes out as if he is some sort of football visionary is absolutely laughable.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Embarassing 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray's signings:

Smallwood, Downing x 2, Johnson, Armstrong, Chapman, Dack, Samuel, Pears, Ayala, Douglas, Cunningham 

I don't think Mowbray Signings:

Brereton, Kaminski, Davenport, Rothwell, Braithwaite, Stergiakis, Harwood Bellis, Pickering, Adarabioyo, Dolan, Nuttall, Hart

I'd say Rothwell was Mowbrays. Gallagher and Holtby too 

35 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Have a listen to what Keegan says from 1:26 onwards. That's exactly the type of attitude I want to see from a Rovers manager. Mowbray is so far away from that kind of positive approach it's unreal. Bigging up average opposition every week just to cover himself. It gives players an excuse and puts doubts in their minds before a ball has even been kicked.

There are many things that wind me up about this lot. The defeatist, loser mentality is right up there as one of them. The fact he makes out as if he is some sort of football visionary is absolutely laughable.

Such a great character Keegan. I always remember the interview he gave when he resigned from the England job, took full responsibility for his failings and left with his honour in tact. No excuses. Cant remember a time where our Tony has taken any responsibility or blame since we’ve been on this bad run. If he’s still here next season I’m honestly not renewing my season ticket. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

don't think Mowbray Signings:

Gallagher was deffo his signing. Mowbray always wanted Gallagher to come back to Rovers. 

Rovers have scouting Pickering for 2 years according to local.media reports. 

Kaminski was scouted by our European scouting network for months. 

Mowbray wanted Gladwim and Bell before we got them. We wanted Rothwell during our league 1 season. 

Also question @JHRover, if they aren't Mowbray's signings then who.is signing them? 

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Bristol City are an 'old fashioned' team according to Mowbray

Whereas we are what? Are we a more modern model then?

In that case why are we languishing in 15th place?

God he spouts some crap.

• Like 1