BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Guys, you're all getting a bit worked up.

That's got to be an early contender for post of the decade. Concise and dripping with satiric self-awareness, of course. 10/10

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, booth said:

Let's face it he's discovered the perfect job where he can tinker till his hearts content with zero appraisal, get a good wage regardless and we'll never be shut of him.

The really terrifying thing is that he's only 57.

Is that his age or the number of players he uses every 3 games ?

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Says the fella that gets in a right lather over a school next to Corpy Park.

But go on then, what’s your thoughts on TM being in situ next season then, Paul? 

I have repeatedly said I want a new management team.  

To quote Alan Partridge, "State school.... not chance."

1 hour ago, booth said:

Let's face it he's discovered the perfect job where he can tinker till his hearts content with zero appraisal, get a good wage regardless and we'll never be shut of him.

The really terrifying thing is that he's only 57.

it`s also terrifying that he could get a large wedge of the armstrong money to spend(if he leaves),look what happened the last time he got a large bit of transfer money🤪

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s also terrifying that he could get a large wedge of the armstrong money to spend(if he leaves),look what happened the last time he got a large bit of transfer money🤪

I think it's safe to say that won't happen he's already tied that up in advance. The money after Newcastles 40% will just disappear barring maybe a bit for some wages or loans.

Then we are looking at his 'investment' buys to step up finally and the perennial 'when Dacks fit again' spiel. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Guys, you're all getting a bit worked up.

It's not enough people getting worked up that should be the problem,as more and more people get a lack of passsion developing for Rovers due to the club's owners keeping a substandard manager in the job we are looking at a club sleepwalking into obscurity.

• Like 4

On 28/07/2020 at 12:09, Gav said:

The original point was around sacking Mowbray for someone better, You’re looking for someone who can do more with less, I agree with you, that’s what we need.

Can you name me someone who can bring that illusive quality to Ewood? Because if you want Mowbray out, you need a replacement. 

On 28/07/2020 at 12:17, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's the club's job. In the last few years Huddersfield found one. Burnley found one. Sheff Utd found one. Brentford found one.  Norwich found one. etc etc 

Every manager is a gamble. Rovers need to widen their search away from the mediocrity of Lambert, Bowyer, Appleton, Mowbray etc. 

On 28/07/2020 at 12:35, Gav said:

You're quite right its the clubs job and they seem to think we're better of with Mowbray, I happen to agree with them simply because I can't find anyone who could replace him and get us promoted, in fact I can see one of two that would probably send us the other way!

If we'd had a terrible season, flirted with relegation i could see the benefits of bringing in a new man, but we haven't, its steady away and nothing wrong with that for now.

On 28/07/2020 at 12:40, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are not out there. But it's good you're agreeing with Venky's, and that they're making the right decisions and not just going for a cheap unemployed manager every time ?

Here you are @Gav, this is me last summer 'wanting Mowbray to stay' as you stated in the Renewal thread. Oh hang on, you lied. You're becoming a bit of a joke. 

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Here you are @Gav, this is me last summer 'wanting Mowbray to stay' as you stated in the Renewal thread. Oh hang on, you lied. You're becoming a bit of a joke. 

Where have you called for Mowbray to be sacked?

Can you quote the post please as that lot is just waffle?

Edited by Gav

Just now, Gav said:

Where have you stated you wanted Mowbray sacked?

Can you quote the post please?

You said I wanted him to stay. It's in the Renewal thread.  Then you said you'd seen the post. Your post, also containing other lies, was deleted. I asked you to quote the post where I said I wanted him to stay? I'm still waiting. I don't usually engage with liars but I'll make an exception for you.

When you're ready...

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You said I wanted him to stay. It's in the Renewal thread.  Then you said you'd seen the post. Your post, also containing other lies, was deleted. I asked you to quote the post where I said I wanted him to stay? I'm still waiting. I don't usually engage with liars but I'll make an exception for you.

When you're ready...

I’ll give you one more chance.

If you can quote the post where you wanted Mowbray sacked in the summer of 2020 I’ll donate £100 to the site for upkeep.

Over to you.

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

LOL. You're embarrassing yourself. 

Can you quote the post where you wanted him sacked? If you didn't want him sacked you wanted him to stay!

Its not difficult? £100 for the site?

Edited by Gav

Just now, Gav said:

Can you quote the post where you wanted him sacked?

Its not difficult? £100 for the site?

Please refer to my last post. 

But if you can't find the post where I said I wanted him to stay I'm sure you'll pay up anyway. Nobody likes a liar so crack on and find the post you said you'd seen. It can't be difficult if you've already seen it??

It might mean putting the cheap cider down so I'll forgive you if you want to do it in the morning when you've sobered up.👍 

So to recap, you never called for Mowbray to be sacked, yet you're slamming other posters for not doing so?

I'll let the mods deal with you calling me a liar, unless you can provide the posts where you called for Mowbray to be sacked in summer 2020 - £100 site donation resting on it? 

You've had 45 minutes to search for the post 👍

Edited by Gav

I often hear about how replacing Mowbray is a huge risk and Venkys are likely to get someone worse.

Then I look at his last club, Coventry, who after getting rid of him have gone from strength to strength despite still being lumbered with the same owners.

Why couldn't we have a post Mowbray upturn?

• Like 5

Just now, Gav said:

So to recap, you never called for Mowbray to be sacked, yet you're slamming other posters for not doing so?

I'll let the mods deal with you calling me a liar, unless you can provide the posts where you called for Mowbray to be sacked in summer 2020 - £100 site donation resting on it? 

I think you're a bit too drunk for this discussion. Maybe read what was said again in the Renewal thread. You're really embarrassing yourself. 

And, yes, you lied. You're a proven liar. Unless of course you can find the post where I said I wanted Mowbray to stay? Tick tock....

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Is that supposed to prove I wanted him to stay? Can you quote the sentence?

Whoa! Calm your horses! I’m backing you up! 😁

The final paragraph is pretty clear.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Whoa! Calm your horses! I’m backing you up! 😄

Oops, sorry.👍🤣

It's not easy dealing with some people on here. my nerves may be frayed😉

Anyway, good to know Gav will be paying £100 for not being able to find a post saying I wanted Mowbray to stay, and another £100 for you quoting a post where I wanted Mowbray replaced. Dig deep @Gav🤣

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Whoa! Calm your horses! I’m backing you up! 😁

The final paragraph is pretty clear.

Bullshit Matty, where does it say he wanted him sacked? 

He's never called for the manager to be sacked, he's sat on the fence with splinters in his arse.

He's even arguing with you for backing him up 😂 

Edited by Gav

Oh dear. That mouth of yours is writing cheques your arse can’t cash. 😁

The last paragraph.. ‘we need a better manager’, ‘we need someone who can do more with the resources’, ‘it’s up to the club to find one’

Best knock it on the head for the night, Gav.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3