BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Lots of passengers on Tony's bus.

"Life is a journey. When we stop things don't go right".( Pope Francis.)

Unfortunately this means Tony's journey will never end till he does.

So he’s gone from supposedly chewing the fat with the owners after every game, to now not even partaking in the annual Summer meeting, Zoom or otherwise. That’s also the first time either he or Waggott have let on the real power structure of the club - Pune into Pasha.

Obviously it’s the worst kept secret at Ewood re Waggott’s powerlessness, but quite the public admission regardless and possibly a sign that the Coventrio’s star is waning?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Are they not just distancing themselves from any responsibility yet again ?

When the shit hits the fans the shoulders get shrugged 'we just do as the owners tell us'....

I sense an ill wind heading this way again, as has been said the summer of 2015.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Are they not just distancing themselves from any responsibility yet again ?

When the shit hits the fans the shoulders get shrugged 'we just do as the owners tell us'....

I sense an ill wind heading this way again, as has been said the summer of 2015.  

I think Mowbray is off as @darrenrover and @Paul Mani have said. It appears as though he's completely lost control of any decision he makes.

He won't be part of the season review and this will be the end for Mowbray.

let's just hope the Venkys back the team with a good manager as alluded to before a foreign manager or Ainsworth and give them a kitty to reinvest the extortionate wages paid to Evans, Mulgrew etc etc.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I think Mowbray is off as @darrenrover and @Paul Mani have said. It appears as though he's completely lost control of any decision he makes.

He won't be part of the season review and this will be the end for Mowbray.

let's just hope the Venkys back the team with a good manager as alluded to before a foreign manager or Ainsworth and give them a kitty to reinvest the extortionate wages paid to Evans, Mulgrew etc etc.

I'd love to believe this was the case but I just can't see it.

For starters, with so many out of contract, would it not make much more sense to make the manager change now so that the new guy could decide on who he wanted to stay?

Rather than clearing the decks then bringing a new manager in?

No. I think we are at the limbo stage here, where they have given up on Mowbray but won't do the job of sacking him so we end up in this middle ground where he does what he is told whilst funding is cut and Suhail runs it.

The club suffers because neither party is happy with things but they tolerate it to keep themselves in work.

I think Bowyer fell out with Pasha and his involvement in 2015 which is why he was replaced. Not sure if he has the clout to do that these days with Mowbray and his henchmen.

FROM THE LT comments:

Author: No 9

As manager TM will, I imagine. have a list of priorities in his head for BRFC. These will be, in order -
Survival
Debt reduction
Balancing the books

Assuming he can keep some semblance of control on that, the next list will be -
Sell big-profit player(s)
Buy good prospect inexpensive young players
Loan-in players from (probably) NW big clubs who need play-time for their prospects

Finally (for next season) -
Avoid relegation from the Championship

BRFC needs a manager like TM because he can do all the above. He's a survival manager who knows how to work within the budget HE IS GIVEN.

Promotion to the Premiership? He wants it, of course, but BRFC's survival is FAR FAR more important to all genuine Rovers fans. TM knows that.
Ignore the Ivory Tower contributors on here, they're just on here to wind up the real Rovers fans.
Final point. TM is guiding us through extraordinarily difficult times. Now is NOT the time to take a risk on some glamorous spendthrift. Stick with TM.

Come on you Blues!!

Now if that isn't from a club plant I'll be damned!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Roverall said:

FROM THE LT comments:

As manager TM will, I imagine. have a list of priorities in his head for BRFC. These will be, in order -
Survival
Debt reduction
Balancing the books

Loan-in players from (probably) NW big clubs who need play-time for their prospects

BRFC needs a manager like TM because he can do all the above. He's a survival manager who knows how to work within the budget HE IS GIVEN.

Promotion to the Premiership? He wants it, of course, but BRFC's survival is FAR FAR more important to all genuine Rovers fans. TM knows that.
Ignore the Ivory Tower contributors on here, they're just on here to wind up the real Rovers fans.
Final point. TM is guiding us through extraordinarily difficult times. Now is NOT the time to take a risk on some glamorous spendthrift. Stick with TM.

Come on you Blues!!

I seriously hope it is, because if that's from a genuine Rovers fan, we've got real problems! Our aim is survival!? WTF?

I haven't posted much for the last week or so as it just gets me wound up, but that's tipped me over the edge again.

FFS just get this mon & his fat mate out of our club, the stench is now unbearable!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Roverall said:

FROM THE LT comments:

Survival
Debt reduction
Balancing the books

Come on you Blues!!

Bloody hell!

That's it then, the height of our ambition, avoid relegation from the fucking championship?

Cheers Venky's.

• Like 2

That's an absolute PR plant on the LT thing it's always been home to them.

If we are at just avoiding relegation stage now then WTF has the last 3 seasons and it's investment/development been all about ?

Only a pillock would swallow that garbage but that is the blueprint of a club Mowbray & Waggot want to run.  Suits their agenda down to the ground.

I've no doubt with what is coming that survival will be seen as an achievement next season.

All for the princely sum of £20 million per year. 

Doesn't take long for things to unravel does it?

Failed manager kept in place, clueless owners and drastic budget cuts can turn even a promotion capable side into relegation contenders.

• Like 3

First point - Mowbrays career stats show he is not a 'survival' manager. He's actually quite good at leading or preparing teams to relegation.

Second point - How on God's good Earth can a manager be deemed a survival ace when he cannot organise a defence, doesn't do set play coaching and is indifferent to the Table.

That poster has Plant(pot) written all over IT

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Roverall said:

FROM THE LT comments:

Survival
Debt reduction
Balancing the books

Come on you Blues!!

That's one of the most disheartening posts I've ever read.

• Like 3

Survival manager ????

Since when ?   He's a midtable at best manager with multi million pound annual backing.  Without it he's very much a relegation bound manager, we've already had proof of that.

And before his name was over the door here in the relegation season he took Coventry to the bottom of their league.

• Like 5

This is the man who messed up very badly in a 2 team league.

Think about that. It takes some doing.

I wonder what the Clubs PR budget is? Posters on the LT, all over Social Media like a bad rash - doesn't come cheap unless maybe outsourced to a country with a history of call centres and cheap wages.

6 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Proof - if any were needed - that he doesn’t speak directly to the owners anymore: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19284989.mowbray-says-summer-spending-must-carefully-calculated/

The parallels with Bowyer are incredible and it will end the same way. But how long is that piece of string?

Getting his excuses in already saying how difficult negotiations are.

He really is pathetic.

Let's hope the fact he appears to have been snubbed by the owners is a clear sign he'll be off after tomorrow's game.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This is the man who messed up very badly in a 2 team league.

Think about that. It takes some doing.

I wonder what the Clubs PR budget is? Posters on the LT, all over Social Media like a bad rash - doesn't come cheap unless maybe outsourced to a country with a history of call centres and cheap wages.

I'd say County rather than Country, very North east of Yorkshire to be precise. 

Offices that say HSH over the door probably.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Meesh said:

'No regrets' over top six comments as Mowbray evaluates season

So Coronavirus is wholly to blame for our dismal season. Of course, we're the only club affected by it, and it only affected us since January when things started getting... better?

Mowbray does not help himself with comments like these.

We knew that one was coming.