Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, JHRover said:

The question the Telegraph and others should be running with is 

"Why do we need such a rebuild?"

and 

"Why the hell do you Tony deserve the chance to lead it?"

Tony, why do we need a rebuild?

'We need a rebuild because the players we have aren't good enough and are costing a lot of money and letting me down'

Who, signed those players, Tony?

"Erm, me"

Who's in charge of the re-build, Tony?

"Erm, me again. I know, right! I'm lucky the Owners are rich idiots and the CEO does what I tell him. Hahahahahahaha"

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

That’s what I find one of the most frustrating things about all this. At least if it was normal times we’d all be there and there would be zero doubt to Mowbray, Waggott, owners about our feelings about the manager. Nowhere to hide.

The LT is probably the only mechanism for fans to get their feelings across to the club. Rich Sharpe in theory is supposed to be some independent journalist and he has a Twitter feed of constant anger against Mowbray, however he just seems totally and utterly gutless to put any sort of hard questions to the manager. If anything he is now complicit in pushing for the manager to stay another year. 

I remain hopeful that Mowbray will do the decent thing and step away as I always assumed he would if there was some regression, but his utter spin and self-preservation act in the last 6-10 months have shown him to be bordering on Kean-like levels to keep his job.

If he is here next season the hope has to be that for the first few games of the season we get a good turn out to absolutely lay into the man. Absolutely don’t buy season tickets but get a good few for the first couple of home games and leave them in zero doubt about our thoughts on both Mowbray and Waggott

I reckon he's on about £300,000 a year. So if he resigns he loses out on that. The only way he gets it is if he is sacked or sees out his contract. We can all say this and that (as I have) but would any of us walk away from that money? 

I bet if he had another option or offer from a different club, he would. He doesn't though, so he's going to hold us to ransom. 

His comments about integrity etc are coming back to bite him now ,but money talks. Plus thats him. He talks about transparency in communication, but really he's a cranky old foot in mouth merchant. He gets away with it here because the media don't scrutinise him. So many examples of comments that if a PL manager said it, they would be rounded on. He has found the perfect club. High a level as he will manage with no media scrutiny( in fact, the opposite as it borders on spin, case in point Sky saying we play good football) plus owners who pretty much don't have a clue what's going on. 

The ones who suffer are the fans. 

• Like 1

Thank F***, that the Coventrio didn't get the go ahead for the Academy re-build. Could you imagine three years down the line the building not being finished and having to start the build again because the head foreman Tony had the radical idea to put jelly down as foundations and entry doors on the roof.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s up to us to remind him at home and away games next season, he`s doing a **** job and the football is dire,i expect next season to be one long struggle,so as fans we`ll have plenty of ammo to fire at him,get his ego pricked and i reckon he`ll walk

He wouldnt be here now if the fans had been present since Xmas ..

• Like 1

Same old, same old..LT and Radio Lancs disgust me....platitudes, crap.....not one “ journalist “ has the balls to challenge the “ shame of Ewood Park”.

There are non do blind ....and what can we do , as real fans to whom the club matters ?.... Absolutely nothing....it’s the helplessness that kills me....so, if Mowbray and his pathetic back room team is still at Ewood , as soon  as it it permissible to enter the ground....I shall buy a ticket for The Jack Walker Lower and “ talk to him “ very loudly for 90 minutes ( and added time ) ...when / if he goes my season  ticket will be purchased.

A sham of a man leading , what is currently, a sham of a club ...OUR CLUB!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Same old, same old..LT and Radio Lancs disgust me....platitudes, crap.....not one “ journalist “ has the balls to challenge the “ shame of Ewood Park”.

There are non do blind ....and what can we do , as real fans to whom the club matters ?.... Absolutely nothing....it’s the helplessness that kills me....so, if Mowbray and his pathetic back room team is still at Ewood , as soon  as it it permissible to enter the ground....I shall buy a ticket for The Jack Walker Lower and “ talk to him “ very loudly for 90 minutes ( and added time ) ...when / if he goes my season  ticket will be purchased.

A sham of a man leading , what is currently, a sham of a club ...OUR CLUB!

thats a great rallying cry,makes you want to get the spears and cudgels out(figuratively that is)im`e not condoning impaling  mowbray when he starts yawning and sits down for his nap

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Thank F***, that the Coventrio didn't get the go ahead for the Academy re-build. Could you imagine three years down the line the building not being finished and having to start the build again because the head foreman Tony had the radical idea to put jelly down as foundations and entry doors on the roof.

He'd have the plumbers doing the electrics, the brickies doing the plumbing and the roofer designing the pitches. It would go massively over budget and then have to be torn down for not meeting quality standards. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He'd have the plumbers doing the electrics, the brickies doing the plumbing and the roofer designing the pitches. It would go massively over budget and then have to be torn down for not meeting quality standards. 

But all that will be ignored because of the praise for loaning a couple of apprentices in that can't get on the job for their proper firms 🙂

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I reckon he's on about £300,000 a year. 

I think hes on around double that. He was probably on that in his 1st contract but then signed a new one during the 1st season in Championship after promotion 

15 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Those plans were never properly thought through. You could never have both sites at the academy site. Plus residents at Brockhall would never allow it. Plus over Clitheroe and Whalley there is already a number of different new property developments already happening. 

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sharpe needs to get the finger out and put it to Mowbray that the majority of fans have turned. See what he says to that. 

Call him out on the excuses that he will inevitably give. It's not difficult. Shooting fish in a barrell really. 

Sharpe wont go to far cos the LT need access to Rovers for their people who read their newspaper. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sharpe wont go to far cos the LT need access to Rovers for their people who read their newspaper. 

I think people forget that - how many people on here moaning at the LET actually buy it ? They have to tread a fine line - TM has already got prickly at even slight probing.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think people forget that - how many people on here moaning at the LET actually buy it ? They have to tread a fine line - TM has already got prickly at even slight probing.

Of course they do, but the decline of regional newspapers due to the structural change to the industry brought on by the internet, means local journalism is now too conflicted to carry out its age old remit.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think hes on around double that. He was probably on that in his 1st contract but then signed a new one during the 1st season in Championship after promotion 

Those plans were never properly thought through. You could never have both sites at the academy site. Plus residents at Brockhall would never allow it. Plus over Clitheroe and Whalley there is already a number of different new property developments already happening. 

This thing works both ways though. The local media-club relationship is not a one way street. Not at our level.

A PL club like Newcastle could get away with ostracizing a local paper if they didn't toe the line, but Rovers couldn't.

Rovers depend on the Telegraph as its mouthpiece, particularly to the older generations of fans not hooked onto Facebook and Twitter. So they would have to be very careful about cutting off that particular avenue.

Rovers burn their bridges with the Telegraph and they lose their biggest outlet in the local area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

At least 300,000 so up to 600,000. Could be more. The point is the same. He ain't walking away from it, contrary to his comments about integrity and not over staying his welcome. 

I'm not sure of the reasons why Sharpe won't, but calling Mowbray out on obvious issues is hardly reason to cut off access. In fact it would come accross as sad and pathetic to do so. Does anyone actually buy that paper for soelely Rovers stuff though really? I mean, you would know more about the club reading what's posted here. There is some reason why Sharpe doesn't though 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

At least 300,000 so up to 600,000. Could be more. The point is the same. He ain't walking away from it, contrary to his comments about integrity and not over staying his welcome. 

I'm not sure of the reasons why Sharpe won't, but calling Mowbray out on obvious issues is hardly reason to cut off access. In fact it would come accross as sad and pathetic to do so. Does anyone actually buy that paper for soelely Rovers stuff though really? I mean, you would know more about the club reading what's posted here. There is some reason why Sharpe doesn't though 

Rich Sharpe's job is on the line if Mowbray bans The LT. So yes this is probably why he doesn't directly question his integrity.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can't see how banning the LT would be a good look or do Mowbray any favours. 

Genuinely don't think Mowbray gives a shit on image.

He's consistently changed his view or opinion to suit his need, and backtracked on comments, insulted Rovers copious amounts of times.

Belittled our Academy youngster copious amounts when he's 2.5 times older.

So yeah he'd do anything.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Rovers burn their bridges with the Telegraph and they lose their biggest outlet in the local area.

I think it's the other way round.

Telegraph will be reliant on the advertising spend of local football clubs, they won't piss them off.  Advertising sales are very hard to come by so upsetting one of  your largest best spending customers won't go down well with the management of the newspaper group. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Genuinely don't think Mowbray gives a shit on image.

He's consistently changed his view or opinion to suit his need, and backtracked on comments, insulted Rovers copious amounts of times.

Belittled our Academy youngster copious amounts when he's 2.5 times older.

So yeah he'd do anything.

F**k him. Blocking the LT would actually be good publicity for them. Someone is choosing the way they are presenting this situation 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think it's the other way round.

Telegraph will be reliant on the advertising spend of local football clubs, they won't piss them off.  Advertising sales are very hard to come by so upsetting one of  your largest best spending customers won't go down well with the management of the newspaper group. 

Oh yes, I expect a ban on interviews would hurt the Telegraph more than it would Rovers

But, by the same token, Rovers are not in a position of strength here, a ban on the Telegraph would impact negatively on them too. There's a reason Rovers use the Telegraph to advertise and for interviews - they know full well it is just about the only way they can reach a large portion of their fanbase on a regular basis. Lose that link and they could lose even more fans (if they care).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Next season , Blackburn Rovers will be relegated , if Mowbray continues to be the  manager ....

It won't even get to the last couple of games ..

If Mowbray is still manager, I won't care.

• Like 5