BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He left the Ireland job 3 years and wasn't there for 10 years. but only for 5 years. Maybe research your info first John. 

Well how many PL or Championship manager jobs as he been linked to in the past 2 years then?

Yes for me, Wilder is realistic choice to come here. He would have full control of the transfers and thats would be what he wants. Same for Hughes

He couldn't get the Celtic job. simple as. They appointed an Australia manager over him. 

No the answer given why he hasn't been a manager for 10 years is right tho. He hasn't been with Ireland for 10 years at all. He left that Ireland number 2 job 3 years ago. and only lasted 6 months at Forest as number 2 with O'Neill. 

More BS from you Roversfan99 again. My opinion is we need a new manager and Mowbray should have been removed as manager this summer at least if not back in February after the Barnsley game. But appointing Keane would be a massive mistake and wrong move as he isn't a manager material and after 10 years of not being a manager why anyone would want after such a huge gap is just totally bonkers 

Read again I didn’t say he was at Ireland for 10 years.I said in the last 10 years he’d work for Ireland. Wilder took Sheffield to the Premiere League but couldn’t keep them there. Is your ambition to be the next West Brom. I’ve more ambition than that. I’ve not seen Keane saying he was in for the Celtic job, your taking pissheads like Nixon as being the fountain of truth. Even if he was in for the job it shows Celtics ambition in appointing an Aussie. Cost cutting on their part. You’ve not given the reasons for the two other muppets on your list (forget Jimmy Floyd)

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He left the Ireland job 3 years and wasn't there for 10 years. but only for 5 years. Maybe research your info first John. 

Well how many PL or Championship manager jobs as he been linked to in the past 2 years then?

Yes for me, Wilder is realistic choice to come here. He would have full control of the transfers and thats would be what he wants. Same for Hughes

He couldn't get the Celtic job. simple as. They appointed an Australia manager over him. 

No the answer given why he hasn't been a manager for 10 years is right tho. He hasn't been with Ireland for 10 years at all. He left that Ireland number 2 job 3 years ago. and only lasted 6 months at Forest as number 2 with O'Neill. 

More BS from you Roversfan99 again. My opinion is we need a new manager and Mowbray should have been removed as manager this summer at least if not back in February after the Barnsley game. But appointing Keane would be a massive mistake and wrong move as he isn't a manager material and after 10 years of not being a manager why anyone would want after such a huge gap is just totally bonkers 

2 wins in 17.  Bunch of losers. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

2 wins in 17.  Bunch of losers. 

The attitude of it was the worst thing, those kind of season ruining near relegation type runs are ok with this manager. As long as he himself thinks performances are ok and the likes of Arma are developing into 15 million pound players it's all fine.

Blood boiling stuff.

• Like 2

On 23/06/2021 at 18:30, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What will determine the expectation for Blackburn Rovers? | Lancashire Telegraph

“At the end of the day everything is about expectation,” he said. “If you’ve got a talented young team who need to grow, the expectation should be less than if you’ve spent £100m.”

Mowbray's negativity begins again in earnest. Getting his excuses in before a ball is kicked. 

That confirms it - I’m signing up to the golf club, I can’t put up with another year of negativity. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J*B said:

That confirms it - I’m signing up to the golf club, I can’t put up with another year of negativity. 

Out of interest, why are recycled soundbites the deciding factor in whether you attend?

I dont get why people get so worked up about the nonsense he says. Its usual self preservation bullshit, he obviously doesnt really see results as an irrelevance and he is going to make excuses up.

And thats not me questioning anyones support, I am the first to say that the onus is on the club to increase supporters, whether it is by results/recruitment/management on the pitch or things such as pricing. But I dont get why his interviews are the thing that causes so much anger. If you was to say that you arent attending because you dont rate the manager, you dont like the results, you dont like the owners, the prices are too high, the best players may be sold, the team is going backwards, I would understand any of those, and agree even though I am still going very much in spite of these reasons. But his interviews dont really bother me personally so just trying to gauge where I am going wrong.

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, why are recycled soundbites the deciding factor in whether you attend?

I dont get why people get so worked up about the nonsense he says. Its usual self preservation bullshit, he obviously doesnt really see results as an irrelevance and he is going to make excuses up.

And thats not me questioning anyones support, I am the first to say that the onus is on the club to increase supporters, whether it is by results/recruitment/management on the pitch or things such as pricing. But I dont get why his interviews are the thing that causes so much anger. If you was to say that you arent attending because you dont rate the manager, you dont like the results, you dont like the owners, the prices are too high, the best players may be sold, the team is going backwards, I would understand any of those, and agree even though I am still going very much in spite of these reasons. But his interviews dont really bother me personally so just trying to gauge where I am going wrong.

I think he's been going despite all of those reasons anyway. The manager's delusions are the final straw.

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think he's been going despite all of those reasons anyway. The manager's delusions are the final straw.

Just dont get how in that all of those other reasons are so major, that his interviews can be the final draw, these soundbites are often recycled by the Lancashire Telegraph and can be taken out of context or misinterpreted. Do we really think he doesnt care about results or that he doesnt check the league table? Of course he does, but hes doing a poor job so especially when he is asked more difficult questions, like anyone who would defend their incompetence, he spouts nonsense or tries to bring down expectations. 

Those lines will have been uttered in May by all accounts and just taken out of the ‘Quotes for when there’s feck all happening in June’ file.

The LT is in blood out of a stone mode until there’s a pre season campaign/training and actual incomings and outgoings to talk about.

Edited by Mattyblue

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Just dont get how in that all of those other reasons are so major, that his interviews can be the final draw, these soundbites are often recycled by the Lancashire Telegraph and can be taken out of context or misinterpreted. Do we really think he doesnt care about results or that he doesnt check the league table? Of course he does, but hes doing a poor job so especially when he is asked more difficult questions, like anyone who would defend their incompetence, he spouts nonsense or tries to bring down expectations. 

Mowbray like it or not is the mouthpiece for the Club.

No one else there says a fucking word.

If that lunatics banal drivel doesn't get to you well you are lucky.

It seems that acceptance that he is a lying self-serving toady is the way to go for peace of mind.

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It seems that acceptance that he is a lying self-serving toady is the way to go for peace of mind.

You're right of course ARA.

It's all going tits up.

So frustrating!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You seem to be dumming down that fact that Mowbray is lying to us.

49 minutes ago, Ianglasgow said:

Conman Mowbray is the reason I won’t renew . I’ll be taking in some grassroots like Clitheroe or padiham next year 

My problem with boycotting is that it affects the Rovers. He’ll piss off with a big payday, and we’ll be in even more shit. I’m 63 and I’ll outstay the bastard

• Like 4

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If results matter at BRFC, why is Mowbray still be the manager?

That was just his latest get out of jail free card being played.

As we've often commented on in his time here his narrative changes to fit the situation. Every time it does he manages to do it in a way that projects whatever is happening at the time was always part of the plan.  Or 'journey' if you like.

Once it was clear they'd fooked the season up he turned it so it was all about development of individuals all along.

I'm expecting similar this season it's just taking him a bit longer to crank into gear.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2021 at 18:30, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What will determine the expectation for Blackburn Rovers? | Lancashire Telegraph

“At the end of the day everything is about expectation,” he said. “If you’ve got a talented young team who need to grow, the expectation should be less than if you’ve spent £100m.”

Mowbray's negativity begins again in earnest. Getting his excuses in before a ball is kicked. 

If there is one thing he'll be doing a lot over this summer is dampening any expectations for this season.

He's already reset "the journey" once.

• Like 1

He's already at it. only yesterday quoted in the Telegraph talking about expectations- again suggesting we are on a long term journey with the kids and expectations need setting accordingly.

What a way to try and flog tickets.

All a load of rubbish. There's no journey it is just a hand to mouth existence from one season to the next and he gets away with it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He talks rubbish but I tend to avoid his interviews nowadays, the ramblings of a failing manager. The issues are those that lead to the aforementioned failings, tactical issues, recruitment issues, man management issues, selection issues, whatever they are. The interviews are a by-product of these failings, equally when we was doing ok a few years ago and everyone was saying how refreshing his interviews were, I didnt get too excited either. Actions speak louder than words.

5 hours ago, rigger said:

You seem to be dumming down that fact that Mowbray is lying to us.

I don't see him as some sort of manipulative con-man. He is just a failing manager tying himself in knots trying to keep the fans on side.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

If results matter at BRFC, why is Mowbray still be the manager?

No I agree, hence why a failing manager is merely a horrible symptom of negligent owners. But I meant more in answering more awkward questions after repeatedly poor results from journalists.

I do think that results matter to Mowbray, no matter what (slightly out of context) he says in his interviews as he tries desperately to answer questions in interviews to cover his failings. Stuff about being a performance manager, its meaningless twaddle to desperately try and get people to persevere without judging him. The results are proof that he is failing.

I am very keen to say going back to my initial point that I do not judge people on their attendance or non-attendance. Nor should anyone. I appreciate that everyone has their own financial issues, their own personal circumstances and indeed varying desperation/desire to attend games at any point. I have had a season ticket since 2000, but I have always been of the opinion that the responsibility regarding attendances lies solely with the club, for example after the Oxford game when many said "where are these people the rest of the time?" that I rejected that notion and instead was annoyed at the club and Waggott's incompetence in getting sales up the following season.

I just was trying to understand why recycled interview quotes are the final straw, we are clearly going backwards on the pitch which is reason enough for anyone not to attend should they choose. I am just skeptical that these quotes really are the straw that broke the camels back. Although even if they are, fair play.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I just was trying to understand why recycled interview quotes are the final straw, we are clearly going backwards on the pitch which is reason enough for anyone not to attend should they choose. I am just skeptical that these quotes really are the straw that broke the camels back. Although even if they are, fair play.

When he calls himself a 'performance-based' and not a 'results-based' manager he's giving the middle finger to every single Rovers fan who can see through his bullshit and wants him gone. Why? Because he knows he's untouchable. He's just gone on one of the worst runs in the clubs history and he's still in a job. Results clearly don't matter. 

So results might not matter, but words do, and I draw the line at him flaunting the fact he's untouchable with bullshit quotes that undermine BRFC and it's standing as a professional football club in a results-driven business. 

So when he came out with his bullshit that was the final straw for me. That and the training ground fiasco.

Waggott and Mowbray genuinely disgust me. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

When he calls himself a 'performance-based' and not a 'results-based' manager he's giving the middle finger to every single Rovers fan who can see through his bullshit and wants him gone. Why? Because he knows he's untouchable. He's just gone on one of the worst runs in the clubs history and he's still in a job. Results clearly don't matter. 

So results might not matter, but words do, and I draw the line at him flaunting the fact he's untouchable with bullshit quotes that undermine BRFC and it's standing as a professional football club in a results-driven business. 

So when he came out with his bullshit that was the final straw for me. That and the training ground fiasco.

Waggott and Mowbray genuinely disgust me. 

Fair enough, I suppose the only person who genuinely knows if what Tony Mowbray said about being a "performance based manager" was sinister gloating about his job security or desperate nonsensical excuses attempting to justify incompetence is Tony Mowbray himself.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Fair enough, I suppose the only person who genuinely knows if what Tony Mowbray said about being a "performance based manager" was sinister gloating about his job security or desperate nonsensical excuses attempting to justify incompetence is Tony Mowbray himself.

Has he been sacked?

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama