BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just imagine how uninspiring it must be for a player to turn up for pre-season after that run last year to find the usual suspects all still in place, as you were, ready to do it all over again.

Why would anyone want to be part of that?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Just imagine how uninspiring it must be for a player to turn up for pre-season after that run last year to find the usual suspects all still in place, as you were, ready to do it all over again.

Easy money. Just get behind the none results based lads FFS 😉

• Like 2

if you are picking up 10 grand a week it`s easy!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I'll do it for free - I'll shadow him all day long singing "I know a song that'll get on your nerves" until he completely loses his shit! 😅

Bonus here is that if he turns round and lamps me, there's ground for instant dismissal & an assault charge, plus a bit of compo for me - Win win all round!

Watch out for the Facebook/Twitter Mowbray Ultras though !

• Like 1

I imagine it will be disheartening for those players who have a bit about them and who want to achieve things. Downing was left bemused by the 'performances have been good' nonsense during that awful run. He can't have been alone in thinking that.

Having said that, there will also be a few taking advantage of the holiday camp setup, happy to just collect their wages with no pressure to succeed. If there's one club that badly needs a shift in mentality and culture...

• Like 7

14 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I imagine it will be disheartening for those players who have a bit about them and who want to achieve things. Downing was left bemused by the 'performances have been good' nonsense during that awful run. He can't have been alone in thinking that.

Having said that, there will also be a few taking advantage of the holiday camp setup, happy to just collect their wages with no pressure to succeed. If there's one club that badly needs a shift in mentality and culture...

Bells words about not having seen a manager with the passion and drive is also maybe an indicator.

Mowbray seems a nice bloke but i can't imagine him giving much of a sales pitch in terms of ambition. I reckon quite a few of our players have drive given the age of them but that gets tempered by the dour demeanor and tactics.

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Bells words about not having seen a manager with the passion and drive is also maybe an indicator.

Mowbray seems a nice bloke but i can't imagine him giving much of a sales pitch in terms of ambition. I reckon quite a few of our players have drive given the age of them but that gets tempered by the dour demeanor and tactics.

He is a dour man… he was a dour player….he employs dour tactics…..he turns bright players into dour players…..his communication is dour….….

So much to look forward to……..imagine a young player , thinking of signing , meeting him for the first time …😳😳

and during his time at Ewood things have gone from dour to dire …

• Like 9

21 hours ago, tomphil said:

Reason they hang on so long here is the reluctance to sack them and pay them up. Probably because of the stupid contracts they sign off in the first place. Also yet again could be down to the void between here and ownership and it all having to be agreed. Clouded by never having a board in Blackburn either with the power or capable of doing it themselves.

So, someone usually tries to get them to walk of their own accord first.

Kean - Singh brought in to annoy him at every turn but he still managed to engineer his own exit.

Berg - Ended in court costing 2 million after about 2 months work.

Appleton - Singh at work again.

Bowyer - Started selling his players and bringing others in without is consent. Then the famous leak that he'd been sacked. He hung on though and got payed off.

Lambert - Wise man covered himself.

Coyle - Senior parachuted in, then out again after he'd got rid of clownpants.

So quite what would happen now god only knows but the big difference is TM has the inside of the club in his pocket.  Or so you would assume so getting an outside influence in will be tricky this time.

Spot on. 

It's absolute madness that any of us believed he was going to be sacked with the current structure at the club. If a Senior or Singh character was suddenly parachuted in from nowhere then I'd believe it could happen. 

Again (again again again) though; it'll be temporary relief until Tony f8cking Pulis turns up in his f8cking tracksuit.

Nothing ever changes until Venkys decide they can't be arsed anymore - which I genuinely predict will be post 2030. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Again (again again again) though; it'll be temporary relief until Tony f8cking Pulis turns up in his f8cking tracksuit.

I've this same fear. Him, Paul Cook or Neil Lennon. 🤮

I would officially give up my fandom.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I've this same fear. Him, Paul Cook or Neil Lennon. 🤮

I would officially give up my fandom.

I've considered the same but if we're still here after the decade of utter nonsense we've had to put up with, then I think we're here come what may.. lunatics!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Spot on. 

It's absolute madness that any of us believed he was going to be sacked with the current structure at the club. If a Senior or Singh character was suddenly parachuted in from nowhere then I'd believe it could happen. 

Nothing ever changes until Venkys decide they can't be arsed anymore - which I genuinely predict will be post 2030. 

If Tony Pulis was appointed today , I don't think we will be relegated and probably finish above last seasons place .

If Mowbray stays until Jan or Feb 2022 , we will be as good as relegated !!

• Like 2

I don’t think Madame would hire Pulis, I suspect she’d bring Kean back. He’s been in Asia and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s had his tongue in something wet and brown. He’ll want to come back to Blighty and rebuild his reputation.

18 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

I don’t think Madame would hire Pulis, I suspect she’d bring Kean back. He’s been in Asia and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s had his tongue in something wet and brown. He’ll want to come back to Blighty and rebuild his reputation.

Never happen

2 hours ago, JohnGo said:

What reputation 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnGo said:

The worrying thing is this scenario is far more likely than them actually employing a good manager.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Heard Paolo Di Canio on the radio today....that would be a culture shift 

benitez at everton usually brings his own team in so big duncan ferguson could be surplus to requirements,id`e absolutely be buzzing if he decided he wanted to have a crack at management and ended up here,impossible dream maybe but he`d certainly shake the place up😀

• Like 5

22 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Spot on. 

I'm no fan of Tony Pulis or Pulisball, but he'd still represent a massive improvement on Honest Tone. Look how long he lasted in the top flight with various clubs compared to Our Tone. With a cup final and Europa League cup run thrown in too, what's been our best cup run under Tony? I can't even remember having any that lasted beyond a couple of rounds...

It'd have to be pretty bad (Kean, Coyle) territory to a be step down, tbh. Even then at least it'd be a change after those dire death spiral runs of his tenure at Ewood.

The one thing we used to be able to say as a Rovers fan under the Venkys is that at least it was never boring. Alas, our time under Mowbray means that now at least it's never anything but boring.

MowbrayTedium2021-22 coming your way soon...

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 1

On 06/07/2021 at 18:47, SuperBrfc said:

Where does he say that/got a link?  I've tried to find an article but no luck!

2 hours ago, mustard said:

Look on Andy Bayes Twitter you will find a link you will have to scroll down a fair bit but he was on radio lancs, Nixon was on aswel.It was posted ion here but can't remember which thread

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mustard said:

It was in an interview with Andy Bayes. He said something along the lines of "we weren't getting results, but he (Mowbray) thought the performances were good".

• Like 1