BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I see that Forest are expected to appoint Dane Murphy as CEO when his contract at Barnsley expires.

A club that learns lessons after a crap season and takes steps to sort it out.

Compare and contrast to the defeatism and cronyism in place here.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I see that Forest are expected to appoint Dane Murphy as CEO when his contract at Barnsley expires.

Been rumoured for weeks of happening and why I recommend we should try and get him to @Bigdoggsteel last week. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The manager preaches various models to follow ( most of them we already way ahead of funding & facility wise )  Yet his CEO is seemingly intent on the Charlton, Coventry league 1 downscale models he knew so well.

Anyone would think he isn't really capable of anything better.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

The manager preaches various models to follow ( most of them we already way ahead of funding & facility wise )  Yet his CEO is seemingly intent on the Charlton, Coventry league 1 downscale models he knew so well.

Anyone would think he isn't really capable of anything better.

he should try the souness model. get rid of the holiday camp mentality, make players earn the shirt and buy players for specified roles and purposes to fit the system your playing. 

its not rocket science 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

he should try the souness model. get rid of the holiday camp mentality, make players earn the shirt and buy players for specified roles and purposes to fit the system your playing. 

its not rocket science 

Issue is, as Mowbray stated on TV - he doesn't believe in formations or anything.

40 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Issue is, as Mowbray stated on TV - he doesn't believe in formations or anything.

Did he say exactly that? He might be out of his depth and he might talk a lot of shit but theres no way that he "doesnt believe in formations."

What is the situation with the Wyke rumour? 

Tony Mowbray philosophy:

Doesn't believe in formations

Doesn't check the league table

Doesn't stay awake during games

Doesn't take accountability

Doesn't resign

Opening at home to Swansea and WBA might be a blessing.

It is likely we could lose both (comfortably). Boo that old fart out of the stadium (certainly after WBA) and hopefully see a change by the 1st International break.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Did he say exactly that? He might be out of his depth and he might talk a lot of shit but theres no way that he "doesnt believe in formations."

What is the situation with the Wyke rumour? 

I recall him saying something like formations don't matter (or aren't the most important thing, at least), its about having good players on the field making the right decisions. I remember thinking at the time, that's fine if you were manager and we had Man citys squad 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Tony Mowbray philosophy:

Doesn't resign

It is likely we could lose both (comfortably). Boo that old fart out of the stadium (certainly after WBA) and hopefully see a change by the 1st International break.

If he resigns 

10 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

its not rocket science 

He's always struck me as a complete over thinker stuck between a rock and a hard place. Even when he did well for the first few full seasons a lot of the stuff caused some real head scratching.

Now years down the line it's gone from constructive criticism to fearing for his sanity.

Truth is he cannot resist meddling, changing and mixing and matching and it's down to him. There is no real 'model' ever being followed or formula being built up to it's just Tony Mowbrays DNA.  It's his journey and his experiment not ours.

About time we just became Blackburn Rovers again and the only model we need is one to believe in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Tony Mowbray philosophy:

Doesn't resign

Some booing and organic disgruntlement from a small crowd at the first 2 games would not make a difference based on anything we have seen to date. Venkys wont know nor care.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Some booing and organic disgruntlement from a small crowd at the first 2 games would not make a difference based on anything we have seen to date. Venkys wont know nor care.

Mowbray will though and I think that's the point that most people are making about this. He doesn't react well to criticism, never has done. He won't want to carry on if he's getting pelters from the fans at every game.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Mowbray will though and I think that's the point that most people are making about this. He doesn't react well to criticism, never has done. He won't want to carry on if he's getting pelters from the fans at every game.

Not a cat in hells chance in my opinion that Mowbray walks out after 2 home games because he cant stand a bit of booing.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not a cat in hells chance in my opinion that Mowbray walks out after 2 home games because he cant stand a bit of booing.

I agree 2 home games is a bit ambitious, but make no mistake this is the ONLY way he is leaving; under his own steam  because the nasty fans are being mean to him.

So he's getting a gob full from me every game (I can stomach attending) until he f8cks off. 

• Like 1

Reason they hang on so long here is the reluctance to sack them and pay them up. Probably because of the stupid contracts they sign off in the first place. Also yet again could be down to the void between here and ownership and it all having to be agreed. Clouded by never having a board in Blackburn either with the power or capable of doing it themselves.

So, someone usually tries to get them to walk of their own accord first.

Kean - Singh brought in to annoy him at every turn but he still managed to engineer his own exit.

Berg - Ended in court costing 2 million after about 2 months work.

Appleton - Singh at work again.

Bowyer - Started selling his players and bringing others in without is consent. Then the famous leak that he'd been sacked. He hung on though and got payed off.

Lambert - Wise man covered himself.

Coyle - Senior parachuted in, then out again after he'd got rid of clownpants.

So quite what would happen now god only knows but the big difference is TM has the inside of the club in his pocket.  Or so you would assume so getting an outside influence in will be tricky this time.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Reason they hang on so long here is the reluctance to sack them and pay them up. Probably because of the stupid contracts they sign off in the first place. Also yet again could be down to the void between here and ownership and it all having to be agreed. Clouded by never having a board in Blackburn either with the power or capable of doing it themselves.

So, someone usually tries to get them to walk of their own accord first.

Kean - Singh brought in to annoy him at every turn but he still managed to engineer his own exit.

Berg - Ended in court costing 2 million after about 2 months work.

Appleton - Singh at work again.

Bowyer - Started selling his players and bringing others in without is consent. Then the famous leak that he'd been sacked. He hung on though and got payed off.

Lambert - Wise man covered himself.

Coyle - Senior parachuted in, then out again after he'd got rid of clownpants.

So quite what would happen now god only knows but the big difference is TM has the inside of the club in his pocket.  Or so you would assume so getting an outside influence in will be tricky this time.

I'll do it for free - I'll shadow him all day long singing "I know a song that'll get on your nerves" until he completely loses his shit! 😅

Bonus here is that if he turns round and lamps me, there's ground for instant dismissal & an assault charge, plus a bit of compo for me - Win win all round!

• Like 7