BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, rigger said:

The only reason I can think of, is that the reporter/interviewer hasn't got a clue about football or the running of a club.

Or.. They know Mowbray is a twitchy insecure character that doesn't react well to being held to account for his failings, and will therefore ban access to any journalist that asks tricky questions. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Or.. They know Mowbray is a twitchy insecure character that doesn't react well to being held to account for his failings, and will therefore ban access to any journalist that asks tricky questions. 

I would think to a decent reporter, being banned from interviews would make a better story than the bullshit Mowbray churns out.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Those fools booed Sam and made the appointment of Kean possible.

Made me puke then and still does. They are still in denial.

No we're not in denial. Why do fools like you think that 'bung Sam' was the only person capable of managing our club? He was boring,  negative, regularly threw games against his big club mates and wanted out anyway. The big mistake was appointing that evil con merchant Kean in his place when there would have been 50 managers more suitable. 

Do you think that Everton, or West ham, Palace or Wba are bothered that he is no longer their manager? No because they appointed someone better in his place.

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

No we're not in denial. Why do fools like you think that 'bung Sam' was the only person capable of managing our club? He was boring,  negative, regularly threw games against his big club mates and wanted out anyway. The big mistake was appointing that evil con merchant in his place when there would have been 50 managers more suitable. 

Do you think that Everton, or West ham, Palace or Wba are bothered that he is no longer their manager? No because they appointed someone better in his place.

Did wba Everton Palace do any better with Sam's replacements? Not really.  Sam got Everton into midtable.  Ancellotti barely did better having spent alot more money.  Palace are no better off under the managers after he left. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

No we're not in denial. Why do fools like you think that 'bung Sam' was the only person capable of managing our club? He was boring,  negative, regularly threw games against his big club mates and wanted out anyway. The big mistake was appointing that evil con merchant in his place when there would have been 50 managers more suitable. 

Absolutely spot on BRFC4EVA 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I have to say I almost piddled myself with laughter.

Rumour is he also caused WW2 and shot JFK, only rumour mind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I have to say I almost piddled myself with laughter.

Rumour is he also caused WW2 and shot JFK, only rumour mind.

Think you're missing the point here chief. The final 2 bolds that you've made was in reference to the appointment of Kean, but I didn't want to utter his name. 

And as for the other two previously bolds, well they're both true aren't they? 

Edited by BRFC4EVA

2 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Think you're missing the point here chief. The final 2 bolds that you've made was in reference to the appointment of Kean, but I didn't want to utter his name. 

And as for the other two previously bolds, well they're both true aren't they? 

Yes I miss read that big time.

IYO .. IMHO who knows, show me the convictions re bungs.

Whist Im in the mood and not aimed at you:

Robert Sullivan, Director of Strategy at the FA, later confirmed to the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee that Allardyce's comments were "a factual, correct statement around the laws of the English game and having third-party ownership".

Following a review by City of London Police, Allardyce was cleared of any wrongdoing, the Telegraph also clarifying that it "did not suggest that Allardyce had broken the law", though he agreed that he had been "a fool".

Speaking to the Observer, Martin Glen, CEO of the FA, said that "it is a tragedy that we have ended up having to part company with him [Allardyce] over the, the – you know – entrapment".

Summary: Big Sam cleared by the FA and police, not too shabby

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

Allardyce never sued the BBC despite all his bluster after they accused of him of taking bungs, I wonder why? If I was accused of taking bungs I'd want to clear my name, as everyone would, but not the multi millionaire Sam Allardyce, strange that......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Allardyce never sued the BBC despite all his bluster after they accused of him of taking bungs, I wonder why? If I was accused of taking bungs I'd want to clear my name, as everyone would, but not the multi millionaire Sam Allardyce, strange that......

Do you believe everything you see on the BBC?

OMG, please say no.

The FA most certainly paid no attention to the gutter media, well that time anyway.

Big Sam did not pursue the BBC on legal advice ''suing for damage to reputation was a costly and time-consuming process'' and the BBC has deeper pockets even than the ''multi millionaire''  and don't mind spending other peoples cash.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Conversely Gav the FA never brought any charges and there was no police involvement. I remember really looking forward to watching that programme thinking finally there would be concrete evidence of wrongdoing and that evidence would open a can of worms and expose wider misdemeanours in the game but there was no evidence provided by the BBC, in all honesty it was much ado about nothing. Plenty of innuendo and suggestion but no firm evidence. 

Innocent until proven guilty?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Conversely Gav the FA never brought any charges and there was no police involvement. I remember really looking forward to watching that programme thinking finally there would be concrete evidence of wrongdoing and that evidence would open a can of worms and expose wider misdemeanours in the game but there was no evidence provided by the BBC, in all honesty it was much ado about nothing. Plenty of innuendo and suggestion but no firm evidence. 

Innocent until proven guilty?

Do you remember the bit with Harry Redknapp where he told an agent that he really liked Andy Todd, and they tried to construe it as 'tapping up'.  That was a terrible programme - revealed absolutely nothing.   I seem to remember Alex Ferguson took up a 7 or 8 year Boycott of the BBC after the programme also made allegations against Darren.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Do you believe everything you see on the BBC?

OMG, please say no.

The FA most certainly paid no attention to the gutter media, well that time anyway.

Big Sam did not pursue the BBC on legal advice ''suing for damage to reputation was a costly and time-consuming process'' and the BBC has deeper pockets even than the ''multi millionaire''  and don't mind spending other peoples cash.

Absolutely not Asia.

But I'll tell you one thing, if the BBC had accused me and my son of taking bungs, when we hadn't, I'd sue the arse of them to clear my name.

His ego is massive, this time consuming process is bullshit, he knew he couldn't win, they had him bang to rights and thats without Gael Givet and his brown envelope. 

2 primetime TV programs exposing his dodgy dealing and an uncontested sacking from the England job after 67 days in charge, tells you all you need to know in my opinion.

Edited by Gav

12 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

No we're not in denial. Why do fools like you think that 'bung Sam' was the only person capable of managing our club? He was boring,  negative, regularly threw games against his big club mates and wanted out anyway. The big mistake was appointing that evil con merchant Kean in his place when there would have been 50 managers more suitable. 

May 2010 - 10th placed finish in the PL..... 
December 2010 - Sack Allardyce.... cue great delight of BRFC4EVA and others... Long Live Venkys!
May 2011 - Survive on last day of the season after dropping like a stone down the league.
May 2012 - Relegated.... cue, 'Well we didn't know they'd appoint Kean... it's not our fault.... VENKYS OUT'

But those fans who thought it was shortsighted to sack him are the fools.  Amazing stuff.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  You can prattle on all you like about 'who should have been appointed', but whenever you sack a manager there is an element of risk.  When you sack a manager less than a month after buying the club, with no prior experience in the sport and against the extremely sound advice of the chairman.... well, it's an accident waiting to happen.  But YOU celebrated it.

FOOL.

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

May 2010 - 10th placed finish in the PL..... 
December 2010 - Sack Allardyce.... cue great delight of BRFC4EVA and others... Long Live Venkys!
May 2011 - Survive on last day of the season after dropping like a stone down the league.
May 2012 - Relegated.... cue, 'Well we didn't know they'd appoint Kean... it's not our fault.... VENKYS OUT'

But those fans who thought it was shortsighted to sack him are the fools.  Amazing stuff.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  You can prattle on all you like about 'who should have been appointed', but whenever you sack a manager there is an element of risk.  When you sack a manager less than a month after buying the club, with no prior experience in the sport and against the extremely sound advice of the chairman.... well, it's an accident waiting to happen.  But YOU celebrated it.

FOOL.

Garbage. Stop merging events that are mutually exclusive. I was happy that SA got sacked. I was also deeply unhappy that Venkys became our owners and livid that Kean was appointed manager. Why is that such a difficult concept? 

As the other clubs I've mentioned, they've done perfectly fine without him.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I expected Allardyce to some loyalty towards to his present employer at the time.

Why?  If he'd lost 6 games in a row we'd have probably sacked him. All this with no budget in the richest league in the world.

But I don't get this Allardyce love in that still people have with him. He balled up his dream job with England didn't he. 

Love in?  I think it's the other way round.  I think more often than not it's a desperate attempt for people like Yourself to continue the flawed argument that sacking Allardyce was in the best interest of the club.  Not interested in England - he was a complete plonker is what I'll say.

on Obafemi transfer, what I wanted was decision to be made and for us not to wasting time and chasing someone who had zero interest in coming here. And for us not to be missing out on other targets we could have signed. You might be happy to wait for him to take weeks making decisions but if a few days he can't a decision then I would move on

As far as I'm aware I don't think you have to only focus on one transfer target at a time.  Leaving the possibility open to Obafemi was not an issue... far better than a 'Now or Never' approach.

Yes I know all about the Walker's family not liking football and lack of finances at the club at the time. But wasn't the Walkers family told by Williams/Finn running the club that with the new TV deal coming in and being so much money they didn't need to sell the club. 

Don't know.

Like I said at the time if he wanted to move to Dubai for the extra cash then we should have allowed him to go. 

Hmmm, Williams probably knew he wouldn't easily find a better alternative given the route the Walker's had decided to take.... I imagine it was no more money until we sell.  Allardyce is your best man for that .

Plenty of good managers out there at that time. I thought they would have moved to more of overseas set up with director of football/head coach set up. 

Based on what?  You knew nothing about Venkys, their knowledge of football or the advisors that they were listening to. That's like getting in a car with a fella in a balaclava and saying... 'Hmmm thought they were taking me to a lovely holiday resort... what am I doing in this old warehouse, tied up, with a rusty knife held to my plums... this isn't what I'd envisaged at all'.

Venkys listened to the wrong people at that time

Correct. So did you.  A Venky's statement said: "We have taken this decision as part of our wider plans and ambitions for the club."

Alex Ferguson. "I've never heard of such a stupid decision in all my life, it's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what they're doing up there, but deary me. "

Edited by Jimmy612

23 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Garbage. Stop merging events that are mutually exclusive. I was happy that SA got sacked. I was also deeply unhappy that Venkys became our owners and livid that Kean was appointed manager. Why is that such a difficult concept? 

As the other clubs I've mentioned, they've done perfectly fine without him.

Exclusive 😂  What a story. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41219627 - Crystal Palace sack De Boer... 7 games in to his tenure.  Employ Hodgson to save them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47195701 - Everton sack Marco Silva 18th in the league. Appoint a world renowned manager, sign James Rodrigues and finish..... 9th

https://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/articles/2008/09/05/keegan_resigns_0908_feature.shtml Keegan leaves Newcastle 7 months after replacing Allardyce. Relegated end of that season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/39761704 Sunderland relegated 12 months after Allardyce kept them up (quite miraculously).

Not sure your argument holds much water....

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Being happy that a manager that had us consistently punching above our weight was sacked is madness to me, but to each their own.

You have to wonder why Souness and Hughes are held in such high regard, we massively punched above our weight, yet Allardyce divided the fan base and is despised by many. 

Souness and Hughes are winners, they created a winning mentality, we tried to beat the big boys in their own back garden, we tried to win cups and qualify for Europe.

Allardyce was all about survival, don't bother with the cups and surrender to the big boys, especially away from home, one point above the relegation zone is all that matters and thats the reason why he's never won a thing, he's a loser.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2