BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Where I sit in the JWU I don't have a view of the dugout.

It was noticable at Blackpool, however, through sitting across from the dugout, just how lethargic Mowbray et al are.

Compared to Critchley and his assistants - who seemed to be on their feet for the duration cajolling their players - our lot sit slumped almost horizontally watching the world go by. It's little wonder that we see this reflected on the pitch.

• Like 3

IF Mowbray goes to India then, IMO, it is bad news for those of us desperate for a change in manager.

If he goes out there then I think it's pretty certain he will come back with an extended contract.

I think we are a very dysfunctional club as evidenced by the range of views / gossip doing the rounds - the wind seems to change direction on almost a daily basis.  To me, there's been too much 'noise' since early April for Mowbray to be given an extended contract.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It was noticable at Blackpool, however, through sitting across from the dugout, just how lethargic Mowbray et al are.

Compared to Critchley and his assistants - who seemed to be on their feet for the duration cajolling their players - our lot sit slumped almost horizontally watching the world go by. It's little wonder that we see this reflected on the pitch.

Totally agree.

IMO, Lowe is the most uninspiring coach I've seen with Rovers - a man lost in his own world I think.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IF Mowbray goes to India then, IMO, it is bad news for those of us desperate for a change in manager.

If he goes out there then I think it's pretty certain he will come back with an extended contract.

I think we are a very dysfunctional club as evidenced by the range of views / gossip doing the rounds - the wind seems to change direction on almost a daily basis.  To me, there's been too much 'noise' since early April for Mowbray to be given an extended contract.

What noise aside from nonsense about Alex Neil's imminent appointment? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If he has had to go, then its totally crazy.

Maybe they met in Switzxerland where they have Businesses Interests there. I don't know whether it will be all of the owners or just Balaji. I just don't know what the Quarantine rules are in India or UK travelling from India. But I was told by someone I trust that he believe that Mowbray is off to India during this international break

42 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Mowbray was shouting and given instructions from the touchline at the Blackpool game. I've seen the Sky Highlights which show him doing it what I said above. 

You never seen Lowe or Johnson on the touchline which I don;t find this strange cos it will always been the manager who does most of the 

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Who knows what will happen in the meetings with the owners. 

What gossip Mercer apart from you suggesting for 9 months that Alex Neil was incoming here which according to Gav was false from what he was told? 

So you now suggesting that you have been heating for 6 months that Mowbray will be given an extended contract? We have seen people posting on here that Waggott tried to get rid of Mowbray last season and I reckon it was around the Reading game given the Mowbray strange interview and comments around the Reading away game. 

11 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

You don't dind it strange that the coaches don't errrrr.......coach? Strange.

No I don't find strange that Lowe and Johnson don't go on the touchline and give instructions. Mostly its Mowbray who on the touchline with the odd time being Venus. 

When you watch other teams its always the manager/head coach who is there given instructions to the players. 

All because one manager and his coaching staff do it differently we must all change and follow them

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows what will happen in the meetings with the owners. 

What gossip Mercer apart from you suggesting for 9 months that Alex Neil was incoming here which according to Gav was false from what he was told? 

So you now suggesting that you have been heating for 6 months that Mowbray will be given an extended contract? We have seen people posting on here that Waggott tried to get rid of Mowbray last season and I reckon it was around the Reading game given the Mowbray strange interview and comments around the Reading away game. 

I think there has been speculation about Mowbray's position since at least, if not earlier, the Bournemouth home game back in early April.  Within an hour of that game finishing, I was given to understand Mowbray would be gone within 72 hours - others on here, including @oldjamfan1also had that understanding.  Obviously, didn't happen and perhaps indicative of what I said in an earlier post today - I think decisions made at Rovers change like the wind.  IMO, Mowbray's body language in subsequent games suggested something was amiss.

As for Neill, I am 90%+ certain what Gav was told was wrong.  Given time, I think it will emerge Neill was close to becoming Rovers' manager (you will recall what Warnock has said in interviews about his time when he was in the running for Rovers' job).  I still would not write Neill off - he would not be my choice though.

As far your final point, I certainly have not been hinting for 6 months that Mowbray would get an extended contract.  If I had to call it, I would say it's 90%+ certain he wont.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think there has been speculation about Mowbray's position since at least, if not earlier, the Bournemouth home game back in early April.  Within an hour of that game finishing, I was given to understand Mowbray would be gone within 72 hours - others on here, including @oldjamfan1also had that understanding.  Obviously, didn't happen and perhaps indicative of what I said in an earlier post today - I think decisions made at Rovers change like the wind.  IMO, Mowbray's body language in subsequent games suggested something was amiss.

As for Neill, I am 90%+ certain what Gav was told was wrong.  Given time, I think it will emerge Neill was close to becoming Rovers' manager (you will recall what Warnock has said in interviews about his time when he was in the running for Rovers' job).  I still would not write Neill off - he would not be my choice though.

As far your final point, I certainly have not been hinting for 6 months that Mowbray would get an extended contract.  If I had to call it, I would say it's 90%+ certain he wont.

This is exactly why Venky’s can never be trusted to do the right thing. Surely they learned that a last minute change of heart, about a manager, was disastrous, after dropping the Warnock appointment in favour of Coyle. Despite this and assuming what people are suggesting about Mowbray, after the Bournemouth game, is correct, why do a similar 180 degree again and keep Mowbray?

Its back to this badly advised again and who is advising them, or perhaps making the decisions?

There is a mandatory 10 day isolation requirement for arrivals into India along with 2 PCR tests. Unless Mowbray has got special dispensation from the Indian government then he will not be able to go.

If the meeting is taking place elsewhere - e.g. Switzerland - then this will be with Balaji and his cohorts and not with the Desai couple who control the purse strings.

This is a double edged sword. As I said the other day I think the only way Rovers sees any investment in new players or contracts for our existing players is via a face to face meeting with the owners. Sadly I think this also means that Mowbray gets a contract extension. So do we hope Mowbray's contract expires but with it those of our 'best' players or do we hope he gets some cash for January and approval on new deals but with it a new contract himself.

I'll be honest the prospect of enduring him until May is tough enough but beyond then I can't comprehend. 

This is probably all pie in the sky stuff because as above, I can't see him going to meet the owners in any event, or certainly not the ones that matter.

• Like 1

Round and round we go chasing our Tails like a mad Dog....going nowhere,nothing seems to change much.

We'll all be saying the same things and expressing the same angst come Xmas and then season end.

Owners who simply don't know what they want from the Club and a CEO and Manager on easy st as a direct cause of it and looking safe as Houses.

Depressing only touches on this situation.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think there has been speculation about Mowbray's position since at least, if not earlier, the Bournemouth home game back in early April.  Within an hour of that game finishing, I was given to understand Mowbray would be gone within 72 hours - others on here, including @oldjamfan1also had that understanding.

I think it was much sooner then that. Reading away game(2nd March 2021) cos his pre and post match interviews was very weird and strange comments. It almost like tried to get him sack and wanted to bring in a different manager who different style of play and tactics. 

Yes I remember you and others posting the info which I have more than grateful of you doing so and hope you continue to posted any info you get whether its wrong or right. 

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As for Neill, I am 90%+ certain what Gav was told was wrong.  Given time, I think it will emerge Neill was close to becoming Rovers' manager.  I still would not write Neill off -

Well why wouldn't you still not write Neil off becoming Rovers manager? 

I think he might be in line for Boro job if Warnock is sack shortly

he would not be my choice though.

Who would be your choice to replace Mowbray?

But you have said this in a previous post "there's been too much 'noise' since early April for Mowbray to be given an extended contract." Its the first time I've seen you post this so I am asking what noises have you hearing and from where? 

I think its too early to be given him an extend contract and I would rather wait until next March or April before deciding his future. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I don't find strange that Lowe and Johnson don't go on the touchline and give instructions. Mostly its Mowbray who on the touchline with the odd time being Venus. 

When you watch other teams its always the manager/head coach who is there given instructions to the players. 

All because one manager and his coaching staff do it differently we must all change and follow them

Agree to diasagree Chaddy.

Your refusal to accept any criticism of Mowbray and his cohorts beggars belief. They can do no wrong in your eyes, it would seem.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Agree to diasagree Chaddy.

Your refusal to accept any criticism of Mowbray and his cohorts beggars belief. They can do no wrong in your eyes, it would seem.

I am more than willing fair criticism of Mowbray and his staff. But I think you knit-panicking cos you seen one manager doing it this way you expect Mowbray to do it. 

Klopp and Guardiola are the only one who stand on the touchline in games from what I have seen. Should they adopt Neil Critchley way now?

I get the feeling that you wouldn't mind him replacing Mowbray if that was an option. is this correct? 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well why wouldn't you still not write Neil off becoming Rovers manager? 

Who would be your choice to replace Mowbray?

But you have said this in a previous post "there's been too much 'noise' since early April for Mowbray to be given an extended contract." Its the first time I've seen you post this so I am asking what noises have you hearing and from where? 

I think its too early to be given him an extend contract and I would rather wait until next March or April before deciding his future. 

Neill - I think he has some support within the Rovers' hierarchy and also I think he WANTS the job.

My choice - don't follow football the same and therefore lost touch a bit.  There is untapped talent out there (eg Blackpool 'found' Critchley) and there are good appointments to be made (eg think Forest have made an inspired choice in Cooper).  If Venky's want to employ me as a consultant, I'll guarantee finding someone who would be a vast improvement on Mowbray.

Mowbray contract extension - think you've misunderstood me Chaddy.  I've said I think there has been too much noise for Mowbray to be given an extension - IMO, he was 'a dead man walking' for quite some time during April/May and I think it showed in his demeanour.  I would not give Mowbray any extension - IMO, the sooner he is 'out the building' the better for Rovers!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am more than willing fair criticism of Mowbray and his staff. But I think you knit-panicking cos you seen one manager doing it this way you expect Mowbray to do it. 

Klopp and Guardiola are the only one who stand on the touchline in games from what I have seen. Should they adopt Neil Critchley way now?

I get the feeling that you wouldn't mind him replacing Mowbray if that was an option. is this correct? 

The point I was trying to make, Chaddy, is that the demeanour of Mowbray, Venus et al  is hardly motivational. Unlike Critchley, who was constantly seen gee'ing up his team and organising. Mowbray is so passive, it's untrue.

Would I want Critchley as manager? I think we could do a lot better than that, and he's a lot better than Mowbray.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Neill - I think he has some support within the Rovers' hierarchy and also I think he WANTS the job.

Fair enough and thanks for the reply to that question. Do you know who would support him coming in? Given thats there is only 3 people within that Hierarchy that being Waggott, Cheston and Slivester. 

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

My choice - don't follow football the same and therefore lost touch a bit.  There is untapped talent out there (eg Blackpool 'found' Critchley) and there are good appointments to be made (eg think Forest have made an inspired choice in Cooper).

Sorry to hear that you don't follow football the same. 

I am a big fan of Cooper and think Forest has made a very good appointment there by their new CEO Dane Murphy who also I am fan of and the number of changes he has made to the Forest staff in terms of recruitment staff and their transfer policy. Would have like us to move for Dane Murphy before he joined Forest to replace Waggott.

I have my own shortlist in my mind of who I would replace Mowbray if that decision was made by the owners. But we see what happens in the coming weeks and months. 

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I think talk of an extension for Mowbray is wide of the mark, I bloody well hope so.

Sorry 1864 I work for an Indian multinational and they are very loyal to their staff, more to my annoyance. I’ve wanted redundancy for the last 5 years and I’m still employed. I’m 64 on the 11th of October and they’ve said I can go part time from my 65th birthday. You can’t get better employers. Mowbray and his bunch of no hopers are here for the long term.

Sack the calamitous gob💩 Mowbray now pleeeeeease

He's the sole reason right now that I can't get excited about anything rovers or have any hope for our future whilst he and his cronies(waggot, etc..) are running the club as they see fit. Neither of them care about the club or the fans. 

Mowbray turns me off wanting to return to ewood regularly just as the chaddy ones relentless jibberjabber turns me off visiting these forums regularly.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 3