BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

700 pages.

Still here, still.making the same mistakes, still dour, still a liar, still no morals, still the epitome of the Venkys reign. 

It's getting harder and harder to love what Rovers have become. 

Why do you believe Mowbray to be a liar with no morals? 

I believe him to be past his sell by date, working for mad owners, but I think he’s a decent guy.

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

I believe him to be past his sell by date, working for mad owners, but I think he’s a decent guy.

Liar -  "not being a burden" on the club despite taking us on our worst run in our history 

Morals - getting paid to be a football manager 

• Like 3

I personally think he knew a lot more about the training ground fiasco than he was ever prepared to admit but in terms of lying he isn’t in the same league as Kean. i suppose that sums up his reign here not as bad as Kean.

He’s most definitely someone who has shown his true character when his back is against the wall and the Tony nice but dim facade cracks. Ultimately Tony Mowbray will do whatever is best for his own bank balance. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Liar -  "not being a burden" on the club despite taking us on our worst run in our history 

Morals - getting paid to be a football manager 

The worst run in our history? Don’t talk daft….

8 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I personally think he knew a lot more about the training ground fiasco than he was ever prepared to admit but in terms of lying he isn’t in the same league as Kean. i suppose that sums up his reign here not as bad as Kean.

He’s most definitely someone who has shown his true character when his back is against the wall and the Tony nice but dim facade cracks. Ultimately Tony Mowbray will do whatever is best for his own bank balance. 

We all do the best for our bank balance Matt, don’t we?

7 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Well I certainly do to be fair but I’ve never made grand statements about moving aside if I became a burden on my employers. 

To be fair he stood aside at Coventry I believe matt, not many modern day managers do that, they usually wait for the pay off.

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

To be fair he stood aside at Coventry I believe matt, not many modern day managers do that, they usually wait for the pay off.

He doesn't do what is right for the club though Gav and many examples of this.

Wasting money by giving out extensions to players who didn't play a minute during first covid lockdown.

Last season he would have known the situation regarding the soon to be out of contract players yet instead of giving some our younger players valuable experience he kept playing the players who wouldn't be here next season to fix them up with other clubs 

Those are just two

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Is that not what he is doing to the Rovers now. I couldn't care less what he did at Coventry.

48 minutes ago, Gav said:

Well the fans comparing us to the 95 and comparing them to the Premier League winning team is one whopper that springs to mind. 

As is his moans about not having experience when he just signs kids (not just from this season) or complaining not having enough defenders when he stacked up midfielders and ignored the defence. Maybe not outright lies but these are certainly distortions of the truth, lies by omission and generally not very honest assessments. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Well the fans comparing us to the 95 and comparing them to the Premier League winning team is one whopper that springs to mind. 

As is his moans about not having experience when he just signs kids (not just from this season) or complaining not having enough defenders when he stacked up midfielders and ignored the defence. Maybe not outright lies but these are certainly distortions of the truth, lies by omission and generally not very honest assessments. 

I don't understand the lie in the first sentence, is that not just something that annoyed people?

As for the rest, tenuous links at best to labelling him a "lier".  I mean "just signs kids" , come on. He was slated for signing Downing , Ayala (before this season) and by some for giving Bradley Johnson a new deal. 

Saying we don't have enough defenders wasn't a lie, does come back to him though, but again, not a lie. 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't understand the lie in the first sentence, is that not just something that annoyed people?

As for the rest, tenuous links at best to labelling him a "lier".  I mean "just signs kids" , come on. He was slated for signing Downing , Ayala (before this season) and by some for giving Bradley Johnson a new deal. 

Saying we don't have enough defenders wasn't a lie, does come back to him though, but again, not a lie. 

No one, literally not one fan, has compared us to or had current expectations for us influenced by winning the Premier League. It was an utter whopper to suggest that fans were comparing the current situation to then, it's simply not true. 

As for the rest, as I said. If not outright lies they are dishonest and disingenuous as they don't share the context of how these came about or the fact, as you say, that they are all problems of his own making. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

No one, literally not one fan, has compared us to or had current expectations for us influenced by winning the Premier League. It was an utter whopper to suggest that fans were comparing the current situation to then, it's simply not true. 

As for the rest, as I said. If not outright lies they are dishonest and disingenuous as they don't share the context of how these came about or the fact, as you say, that they are all problems of his own making. 

I suppose some fans think we should be in the PL (me included) but we don't have any divine right to that, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I suppose some fans think we should be in the PL (me included) but we don't have any divine right to that, unfortunately. 

Indeed but no one was comparing us to the title winning team. That's a very big difference from thinking we should be premier league. 

31 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Some time ago I bookmarked Mowbray in the LT etc etc telling what were initially obvious or turned out to be porkies.

I gave up, there were just too many and they needed indexing, which was a step too far.

I don't comment much on him these days. There is feck all I can do and I just want him gone and his cronies.

FOV.

• Like 1

One thing that perhaps needed pointing out when Mowbray defended himself by saying the current team is not like the team in 1995 is perhaps that neither is he at the standard he was when he managed Boro and WBA.

27 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

2 wins in 17 is the worst in my lifetime 

How about 10th in the Premiership to League 1 in 5 easy steps under these owners.

I’ll assume that is actually the worst run in your lifetime CNC?

2 hours ago, Gav said:

How about 10th in the Premiership to League 1 in 5 easy steps under these owners.

I’ll assume that is actually the worst run in your lifetime CNC?

I'm totally with you on the owners being the main protagonists in our horror novel Gav, this shit show rests with them. Mowbray is absolutely a symptom of the disease though and can get in the bin with them. 

• Like 3