BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes.

Thats why I have to disagree to a point cos it depends on their reasons why they won't re-sign here. if they have interest from clubs playing in a different country maybe they fancy a new challenge if the case of Rothwell or Nyambe

I have already accepted that Brereton wont be here next season and will move to a PL or Spanish top tier club and could you stop that happening really. 

I hope that the club is having contract discussions with Travis and Kaminski about new contracts aswell

Edited by chaddyrovers

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Since the start of 2020 - approaching 2 years ago - which senior first team players have signed new deals?

Off the top of my head we have Dack (who who agreed his deal prior to getting his first serious injury) and Johnson (who I suspect had a clause in his deal for an extra 12 month extension on the same terms as his previous 2 years). Anyone else I've missed?

The others like Rothwell were forced to stay when the club activated 12 month extensions.

Other than that? Deals have been issued to JRC, Wharton and Buckley (who will have been on relative peanuts from their academy graduation and development into first team players)

I see new contracts for Buckley, Wharton, Dolan, JRC and Carter has key part for the future of our club as I see them being key players/main part of the squad in the coming years. You may not but I do. 

You keep saying that about Dack but there is zero suggestion from anyone else this is the case. 

Beyond that we've by our own admission offered new terms to Amari Bell and Elliott Bennett, who turned the offers down and instead moved to Luton Town and Shrewsbury respectively.

Bennett wasn't offered new terms by the club and was always moving on. And to closer to home based where he lives in midlands and spend more time with his family. But we have discussed this all before JH so we are just repeating the same arguments again. 

Or - how about another theory - these players aren't being greedy or unreasonable and would happily sign on here but that Venkys have turned the taps off and will not authorise them? Or alternatively that Rovers have sat and done nothing for months and months like they did with everything else and are now paying the price?

another conspiracy theory from you. 

We can't keep having a wage bill so high above the club turnover and run such huge losses each and every season. 

Now you're inventing the possibility of foreign interest in them as a reason why they are refusing to sign new deals. 

Rothwell has had interested from Rangers according to the media. Plus they are within their rights to test the free market and not sign new deal and look for a new challenge with a new club. 

34 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The lengths you will put yourself at to protect and make excuses for the proven liars running Rovers amuse me and frustrate me in equal measure. 

And I would say the continuously posting from yourself that Rovers haven't done this or done this without any evidence is very frustrate to see you post time after time. like the one above. 

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Discussions were held with Bennett regarding a new deal:
https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/may/rovers-confirm-retain-list/

So it was certainly something we were considering or wanting to do, yet off he went to Shrewsbury. 

Bennett was always leaving to move back closer to home and to have more time with his family. 

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

We come at things from different angles. You want to blindly support the party line and believe that good old Rovers are doing things properly, sensibly and that everything they do is correct. 

Yes we do come at things very different angles or way. But you are wrong on the party line cos I disagree with something I posted on here, email the club or sign a petition. I posted on here that I was completely and utterly against selling Brockhall or even moving any part of training ground away from its current location. Plus signed Rev's petition. I remember when a few posters complained on here about litter outside the Ewood Park grounds and area. I emailed Lysney Talbot at Rovers and emailed Blackburn with Darwen Council about it. Posted that I felt Rovers should have done much better with season tickets and match day tickets prices. 

So it's far from towing the club's party line. 

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

You might be right, I don't think you are. Keep on putting FFP spreadsheets up it won't change my opinion. 

FFP rules are clear and threshold is 39 millions pounds in losses allowed. How is that not right? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bennett was always leaving to move back closer to home and to have more time with his family.

Did he tell you that? 

You make everything sound like a fact when it's actually what you are assuming.

You say that Mowbray wasnt going to be replaced and rejected various posters that said it would happen.

Yet you back something up by saying various posters have said it so it must be true? 

• Like 1

• Backroom

I'm struggling, racking my brains, trying to work out why Butterworth has disappeared from the first team because it certainly isn't injury or lack of talent.

I reckon he's either slagged of Mrs Mowbray's lemon drizzle or he's got some stupid clause in his contract.

Do we still do those extra fees to agents or former clubs 'after X appearances'?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Did he tell you that? 

You make everything sound like a fact when it's actually what you are assuming.

You say that Mowbray wasnt going to be replaced and rejected various posters that said it would happen.

Yet you back something up by saying various posters have said it so it must be true? 

RoversClitheroe, If you want to not believe what posters have posted on here thats fine and but I don't believe any Rovers fan would posted false info. 

I rejected what Mercer is posting cos he has been posting this rumour for the past 10 months and nothing has happened. Which way is Alex Neil coming to Ewood Park? Also over the years he has posted about a "tipping point" which yet again has never happened. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Chris Sutton on Mowbray and the job he has done here

Former Blackburn Rovers hero issues verdict on Tony Mowbray's tenure following Coventry City draw - LancsLive

"I think Blackburn's best chance of promotion is getting in the play-offs this season," Sutton stated on the 606 call-in. "I know there have been dissenters regarding Tony Mowbray within the fanbase.

"He's been there a long time and some fans have been questioning the job that he's been doing.

"I have to say, on the whole, I think he's done a pretty extraordinary job.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I'm struggling, racking my brains, trying to work out why Butterworth has disappeared from the first team because it certainly isn't injury or lack of talent.

I reckon he's either slagged of Mrs Mowbray's lemon drizzle or he's got some stupid clause in his contract.

Do we still do those extra fees to agents or former clubs 'after X appearances'?

Could be the Agents,more likely he doesnt like the Drizzle cake.

• Like 1

Sutton just another on the media bandwagon. Tread the middle ground and be careful as to who you upset. He wouldn't last very long in his line of work if he was out saying managers should be sacked.

Unless he is watching Rovers with regularity, which I very much doubt, then he is no more qualified than any other randomer on the internet, and less quaified than any of us who endure Mowbray's garbage on a regular basis.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'm not sure what your point is re. the first paragraph. Whether they are big players for our future or not is irrelevant to the point I was making, which was that their contractual situations were such that they were effectively academy deals being upgraded to senior deals, not senior deals being extended or improved which is the issue with Lenihan, Nyambe and co.

Discussions were held with Bennett regarding a new deal:
https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/may/rovers-confirm-retain-list/

So it was certainly something we were considering or wanting to do, yet off he went to Shrewsbury. I've no issue with that but it is another example of a senior player that the club has tried or considered giving a deal to and not done. Pattern emerging.

There is as much evidence to support what I have said as there is to support what you have said. 

We come at things from different angles. You want to blindly support the party line and believe that good old Rovers are doing things properly, sensibly and that everything they do is correct. I take the polar opposite view - that the place is in crisis, run by liars and incompetents and owners who really shouldn't be here and everything stems from their neglect and mismanagement, and we are just in another phase of mayhem created by them.

You might be right, I don't think you are. Keep on putting FFP spreadsheets up it won't change my opinion. 

My beliefs aren't conspiracy theories anymore than yours are. Infact, on the weight of evidence over the last 10 years I think you are the conspiracy theorist making out that all is well with the world at Rovers when it plainly isn't. I don't trust a word they come out with.

In fairness Bennett turning down a new deal wasn't down to money.He wanted to play regularly and it wasn't going to happen here.

Bell wasn't offered a new deal by the club.

He should stick to winding up Rangers fans on Twitter and stop making uninformed views on ex teams that he hardly sees play.I'm surprised hes actually talking about us for once as he's usually only interested in Norwich or Celtic of his former teams.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

It's going to be a colossal waste of time for the club if Mowbray is just allowed to sit there until his contract ends. The thought of having to neither listen to nor see Mowbray as our manager in seven months time gives me a lift. The thought having to endure a pointless seven months of him makes me feel completely flat and unmotivated to watch us.

Exactly how I feel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Wow!

One of our group came up with the same thing on Saturday. 

When we are crying out for goalscorers with BB jet lagged, Dolan struggling with illness and Gallagher, well struggling, why the obvious...er.."reluctance" to play Butterworth?

He came from Man Utd, didn't he? What are you thinking?- £100,000 for 5 first team appearances, £5,000 for 62 touches of he ball?...Maybe, he is already on 59 touches...

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Wow!

One of our group came up with the same thing on Saturday. 

When we are crying out for goalscorers with BB jet lagged, Dolan struggling with illness and Gallagher, well struggling, why the obvious...er.."reluctance" to play Butterworth?

He came from Man Utd, didn't he? What are you thinking?- £100,000 for 5 first team appearances, £5,000 for 62 touches of he ball?...Maybe, he is already on 59 touches...

And yet, if it is true that we we are contributing 10k p.w. towards the completely useless Poveda's wages (as J*B claimed) any payments potentially due to Butterworth or his entourage could surely only be a few week's wages for the dolloper from Leeds?

As someone said in the comments section of my letter on the potential sale of  Brockhall, the whole thing with Butterworth also stinks worse than a tandoori kipper.

Comes on in one of the home games with Khedra, between them they transform it and as a reward Butterworth hasn't had a kick since despite the manager lauding him in the local press.

Man of honour our Tony.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And yet, if it is true that we we are contributing 10k p.w. towards the completely useless Poveda's wages (as J*B claimed) any payments potentially due to Butterworth or his entourage could surely only be a few week's wages for the dolloper from Leeds?

As someone said in the comments section of my letter on the potential sale of  Brockhall, the whole thing with Butterworth also stinks worse than a tandoori kipper.

Comes on in one of the home games with Khedra, between them they transform it and as a reward Butterworth hasn't had a kick since despite the manager lauding him in the local press.

Man of honour our Tony.

I read some comments from Farke the Norwich manager when asked why Gilmour wasn't playing. He said they aren't there to develop other teams players. Fair play to him. The whole thing about Mowbray building Butterworth up, only to pbring Poveda or Khadra on instead does stink. Butterworth could get injured at training before he even gets a game. He came on in one game I recall and he looked really good. Very direct. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, El Tombro said:

Gallagher has scored 4 goals in 10 appearances. He's not the easiest on the eye but he's scoring at a reasonable rate, especially when he still gets played out wide from time to time. I think struggling is definitely something that could be attributed to him for pretty much most of his time at the club, but not he's not doing badly at the moment.

But.  What I think was meant by"struggling", was that he was un-fit for that game.

Edited by rigger

3 hours ago, El Tombro said:

Gallagher has scored 4 goals in 10 appearances. He's not the easiest on the eye but he's scoring at a reasonable rate, especially when he still gets played out wide from time to time. I think struggling is definitely something that could be attributed to him for pretty much most of his time at the club, but not he's not doing badly at the moment.

It was a lovely pass for their goal as well

• Like 1