BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Has there ever been a manager in the history of the championship who is happy so often to lose 1-0  ?

he aint bothered because there is no consequence for ineptness at ewood these days,come the end of the season,if he decides he`s leaving,i expect a farewell to tony day at the last home match🙂,it would be typical,6 seasons of nothingness and  they`ll try to claim he rescued the club from oblivion

• Like 2

I believe the tide is turning on social media. In fairness I don't do Facebook, but on Instagram there are more and more comments of "Mowbray out" and "I'll buy a ticket one Mowbray goes" etc than I've ever seen before. I know it matters not a fuck on whether he'll actually leave, but it's heartening to see more and more fans who can see him for what he is. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he aint bothered because there is no consequence for ineptness at ewood these days,come the end of the season,if he decides he`s leaving,i expect a farewell to tony day at the last home match🙂,it would be typical,6 seasons of nothingness and  they`ll try to claim he rescued the club from oblivion

It won't get 26k on but i'd happily pay 35 notes for a ticket if it's farewell !

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I believe the tide is turning on social media. In fairness I don't do Facebook, but on Instagram there are more and more comments of "Mowbray out" and "I'll buy a ticket one Mowbray goes" etc than I've ever seen before. I know it matters not a fuck on whether he'll actually leave, but it's heartening to see more and more fans who can see him for what he is. 

239 comments on Facebook, all unhappy with the way things are going. Apart from one bloke called Jim who keeps trolling people asking who they think should manage - then abusing them when they mention some names. Sad really, he must really have the horn for Mowbray.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

should be interesting on saturday if reading start giving  us the runaround

They are drawing with Blackpool 2 2 with 15 mins to go but have only had 4 shots. 

It Reading do turn us over I can see Ewood voicing an opinion on Mowbray.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Facebook/twitter is the same tbh. Majority want a change. Some people ask who but most don't disagree with the names. One or two comment they don't want long ball football. That's about it. 

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

They are drawing with Blackpool 2 2 with 15 mins to go but have only had 4 shots. 

It Reading do turn us over I can see Ewood voicing an opinion on Mowbray.

Yes I think the same. The second half performance against Coventry was awful and we weren't good enough against QPR.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

We'll pump Reading on Saturday it's not time for a full on death spiral yet.

We will probably get a performance and a win on Saturday as one thing I will say Mowbray has more lives than a cat, when the crowd is on the verge of turning and been on a winless streak he invariably goes on a little spell of picking up results, usually when he sticks to the best team and formation instead of changing it up every 5 minutes

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RV Blue said:

He would have been sacked a long, long time ago if he were going to be sacked. The only way he’s leaving is at the expiry of his contract.

The only hope we have is if they are sticking with him purely because they don’t want to pay him compensation. And it would explain the lack of activity in the transfer window.

The awful truth could be that they extend his contract.

30 minutes ago, booth said:

The only hope we have is if they are sticking with him purely because they don’t want to pay him compensation. And it would explain the lack of activity in the transfer window.

The awful truth could be that they extend his contract.

That would be me finished.

• Like 3

My view is that the contract situation with Mowbray is just the same as with all the players. That is that Venkys have done nothing about it, given no indication and have left everything to drift.

I don't believe Venkys have approved or discussed any contract extensions and that is why so many haven't renewed. The club is unable to afford these deals on its own steam and needs owner approval, which hasn't come.

Unlike the players, who will numerous options from elsewhere and won't wait for Rovers to sort it out, Mowbray will not have any better offer and will sit and wait for as long as it takes for Venkys to wake up.

I'm pretty confident that if he wants to be here then he will be. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Facebook/twitter is the same tbh. Majority want a change. Some people ask who but most don't disagree with the names. One or two comment they don't want long ball football. That's about it. 

Yes I think the same. The second half performance against Coventry was awful and we weren't good enough against QPR.

Agreed Chaddy. The change was very noticeable on the Facebook pages. There are alot of 'in Tony we trust' clowns on there, but they were very quiet after the qpr game. Much more so then after Cov, because that was 'played well', 'we were unlucky', 'cov are 4th only expected a point' etc.

Get him gone NOW 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Agreed Chaddy. The change was very noticeable on the Facebook pages. There are alot of 'in Tony we trust' clowns on there, but they were very quiet after the qpr game. Much more so then after Cov, because that was 'played well', 'we were unlucky', 'cov are 4th only expected a point' etc.

Get him gone NOW 

I even posted on facebook that it was time to sack him now as we need a new manager with fresh ideas, tactical aware, sort the defence out and motivate the team more. 

I expected a win against Coventry even tho they were 4th in the league. 

• Like 2

It's another Thursday and once again it's time for Mowbrays Mutterings in his weekly press conference. I wonder what pearls he will come out with, whether the local hacks will ask any searching questions and how much he will praise Reading.

I await with baited breath.

• Like 3

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

Whatever food we want to compare TM to, pie, cabbage....

The truth is its old, rotting, stinks, past its best before date, leaves a very sour taste and needs binning!

You've had a pie at half time then?