BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I just can not get my head around Venkies and their acceptance of incompetence.when it comes to "their baby".  Would they really keep rewarding a Manager or senior officer of any department of their chicken operations who displayed continuous less than mediocre results.  I doubt it.

I just do not get it, I really don't.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I just can not get my head around Venkies and their acceptance of incompetence.when it comes to "their baby".  Would they really keep rewarding a Manager or senior officer of any department of their chicken operations who displayed continuous less than mediocre results.  I doubt it.

I just do not get it, I really don't.

As yet, I can't find a single reason as to why they continue to own us. Their actions rarely benefit Blackburn Rovers football club and they constantly have to keep issuing money (or whatever the correct phrase is) to keep the lights on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I had an exchange with Jaquob Crooke on Twitter this morning as I sensed from the piece that Mowbray was very defensive. He said that Mowbray didn't like the questions at all. Good.

Here's the article. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Totally agree in respect of the choice of next manager. I can’t believe nobody has come in for Knutsen. 

I can already see the headline when Knutsen finally gets a bigger job and leaves his current club: 

KNUTSEN BOLTS

I’ll get me coat…..

• Like 3

I see Mowbray is bigging up Reading, saying he expects a backlash after their defeat at Blackpool. I want a backlash from the Rovers after the pathetic performance against QPR. I wish Mowbray would concentrate on a game plan to beat whoever we play next, and less time worrying about what the opposition may or may not do. Even an explanation of some of his tactical decissions, is preferable to reading, how he thinks the opposition is going to cause us trouble.   

Edited by rigger
  • Like 5

It is typical management spiel really, deflection, excuses, he does to be fair repeatedly acknowledge that management is about results. The results are the issue, not what he says about the results.

He is also right that we would potentially have to punch above our weight to get into the play offs. The thing is, although difficult, it is possible, Barnsley did it last season, Coventry are in there this season, there will be plenty of other examples. Under Mowbray, that is not and has never been likely or close. We have never come close under Venkys "regime" due to their repeated negligence and inability to appoint a good manager, hence how Mowbray is actually the best that they have ever appointed, which tells you all that you need to know.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-mowbray-response-form-21936604

"the side frequently embarking on patches of scintillating form"

More nonsense in the Lancs Live.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I would be delighted with Ainsworth. For alot of people it's the passion and enthusiasm he would bring. After 4 years of dreary, repetitive, double speak press conferences where TM contradicts himself numerous times and generally just talks shite, not to mention the tactics and selections, people just want a plain talker who doesn't over complicated things. Ainsworth fits that bill perfectly!

Passion and enthusiasm only gets you so far in this game.

Plus just by being from the town doesn't automatically mean he would be any more passionate than anyone else about the job. I'd hope there was more going into the search than appointing someone because they are passionate or enthusiastic about it. I'd qualify on that basis.

I just find the obsession with him bizarre. We should ignore his Blackburn connections and focus purely on his CV. Close to 10 years at Wycombe Wanderers, 9 spent in Leagues One and Two. Plenty of other options in that category.

Not the worst contender and he's done well there but by no means a stand out candidate - there are many lower division managers who have overachieved or done well - Gary Johnson did it with Yeovil -  maybe there's a reason why no bigger club has taken him on.

• Like 1

The Ainsworth obsession on accounts of who he supports is a little strange. Him jumping around on the sidelines or who he supported as a child would be no consolation to me if we lost games under him. The decision should not factor in who people support or how they act on the touchline. As said previously, Allardyce used to spend half the game watching from above in the stand, Coyle spent the whole game animated in full kit, who would we prefer?

Of course he's not concerned by 8 wins in 34. He isn't judged and his future not determined by results so what difference does it make?

He gets to carry on, good salary to boot, He's surrounded himself with chums and sychophants who think the sun shines out of his backside.

He seems to think he is doing us a favour by gracing us with his genius and that he should be spending his time preparing Real Madrid for El Classico not that he's a run of the mill lower league manager.

There isn't ambition here because if there was he would have been sacked last season.

His reminder of the owners 'investment' only serves to show everyone what a dysfunctional mess this club is. Because anywhere else in the Football League a £20 million a year investment would see progress, improvement, growth not decay.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 7

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-team-news-pickering-21938142

Another contradiction from our main man. From the article speaking about Travis:

“Travis will put his boots on and see how he is. He’s got a dead leg and has been hobbling, he will tell me he’s fit but I will decide if he’s fit or not"

I recall an interview from the not too distant past where he said he lets the player decide whether they are fit enough to play.

• Like 6

They invest at least £20 million a year, putting their money into the football club. Is there ambition to get to the Premier League? By words, of course there always is an ambition to get to the Premier League.

Must have had a change of heart , cos it didn't take them long to relegate us out of the Premier League .

Who do you think , you are kidding Mr Mowbray ???

On 20/10/2021 at 21:11, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I believe the tide is turning on social media. In fairness I don't do Facebook, but on Instagram there are more and more comments of "Mowbray out" and "I'll buy a ticket one Mowbray goes" etc than I've ever seen before. I know it matters not a fuck on whether he'll actually leave, but it's heartening to see more and more fans who can see him for what he is. 

All I see is Chilean flags and chillies

• Like 1

Wow, didn't really think he was under much pressure but changed my mind after that press conference.

Having a pop at the fans, dismissing the shitty record over the last year and stubbornly stating he will carry on messing about with formations/tactics to stop the opposition rather than play to our teams strength. 

It's quite right for the journalists to ask these questions, he just seems to get really defensive about it all and get condescending. We the fans want to know what the plan is, just surviving the season and selling our best players in January isn't a formula for any sort of success.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Wow, didn't really think he was under much pressure but changed my mind after that press conference.

Having a pop at the fans, dismissing the shitty record over the last year and stubbornly stating he will carry on messing about with formations/tactics to stop the opposition rather than play to our teams strength. 

It's quite right for the journalists to ask these questions, he just seems to get really defensive about it all and get condescending. We the fans want to know what the plan is, just surviving the season and selling our best players in January isn't a formula for any sort of success.

Sounds interesting...Did some journos finally ask some proper questions?

It's all this journey crap he keeps spouting it's becoming offensive now. All we see is the club going slowly backwards.

He needs to shut his trap about it or needs calling out on it properly once and for all. The man is the king of driving down blind alleys and telling everyone trying to convince everyone it's a freeway.

• Like 1

""That's OK, fans are the fans and I respect them. "

Oh, really. 900 of them going down to West London on a cold October night, and he doesn't even acknowledge them at teh final whistle, just scoots off.

I'll be honest with you -- I can't stand the man.

""They invest at least £20 million a year"

Plugging a black hole of your own making isn't an investment. When you invest money, you do so with the intention of seeing a return. The man is absolute full of it.

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 4