Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe Mowbray will be off to India this week. Probably on his way already with Waggott. 

 

 

can`t see mowbray going to india,it means you have to isolate when you get there and isolate when you come back,surely we can still do video conferences from ewood,or has the budget been shredded so much that he can now only communicate by telegram or pigeon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where I sit in the JWU I don't have a view of the dugout.

It was noticable at Blackpool, however, through sitting across from the dugout, just how lethargic Mowbray et al are.

Compared to Critchley and his assistants - who seemed to be on their feet for the duration cajolling their players - our lot sit slumped almost horizontally watching the world go by. It's little wonder that we see this reflected on the pitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IF Mowbray goes to India then, IMO, it is bad news for those of us desperate for a change in manager.

If he goes out there then I think it's pretty certain he will come back with an extended contract.

I think we are a very dysfunctional club as evidenced by the range of views / gossip doing the rounds - the wind seems to change direction on almost a daily basis.  To me, there's been too much 'noise' since early April for Mowbray to be given an extended contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Where I sit in the JWU I don't have a view of the dugout.

It was noticable at Blackpool, however, through sitting across from the dugout, just how lethargic Mowbray et al are.

Compared to Critchley and his assistants - who seemed to be on their feet for the duration cajolling their players - our lot sit slumped almost horizontally watching the world go by. It's little wonder that we see this reflected on the pitch.

Totally agree.

IMO, Lowe is the most uninspiring coach I've seen with Rovers - a man lost in his own world I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IF Mowbray goes to India then, IMO, it is bad news for those of us desperate for a change in manager.

If he goes out there then I think it's pretty certain he will come back with an extended contract.

I think we are a very dysfunctional club as evidenced by the range of views / gossip doing the rounds - the wind seems to change direction on almost a daily basis.  To me, there's been too much 'noise' since early April for Mowbray to be given an extended contract.

What noise aside from nonsense about Alex Neil's imminent appointment? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What noise aside from nonsense about Alex Neil's imminent appointment? 

For a start, you only need to read on here what other folk have posted!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If he has had to go, then its totally crazy.

Maybe they met in Switzxerland where they have Businesses Interests there. I don't know whether it will be all of the owners or just Balaji. I just don't know what the Quarantine rules are in India or UK travelling from India. But I was told by someone I trust that he believe that Mowbray is off to India during this international break

42 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Where I sit in the JWU I don't have a view of the dugout.

It was noticable at Blackpool, however, through sitting across from the dugout, just how lethargic Mowbray et al are.

Compared to Critchley and his assistants - who seemed to be on their feet for the duration cajolling their players - our lot sit slumped almost horizontally watching the world go by. It's little wonder that we see this reflected on the pitch.

Mowbray was shouting and given instructions from the touchline at the Blackpool game. I've seen the Sky Highlights which show him doing it what I said above. 

You never seen Lowe or Johnson on the touchline which I don;t find this strange cos it will always been the manager who does most of the 

 

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IF Mowbray goes to India then, IMO, it is bad news for those of us desperate for a change in manager.

If he goes out there then I think it's pretty certain he will come back with an extended contract.

I think we are a very dysfunctional club as evidenced by the range of views / gossip doing the rounds - the wind seems to change direction on almost a daily basis.  To me, there's been too much 'noise' since early April for Mowbray to be given an extended contract.

Who knows what will happen in the meetings with the owners. 

What gossip Mercer apart from you suggesting for 9 months that Alex Neil was incoming here which according to Gav was false from what he was told? 

So you now suggesting that you have been heating for 6 months that Mowbray will be given an extended contract? We have seen people posting on here that Waggott tried to get rid of Mowbray last season and I reckon it was around the Reading game given the Mowbray strange interview and comments around the Reading away game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You never seen Lowe or Johnson on the touchline which I don;t find this strange cos it will always been the manager who does most of the 

You don't dind it strange that the coaches don't errrrr.......coach? Strange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

You don't dind it strange that the coaches don't errrrr.......coach? Strange.

No I don't find strange that Lowe and Johnson don't go on the touchline and give instructions. Mostly its Mowbray who on the touchline with the odd time being Venus. 

When you watch other teams its always the manager/head coach who is there given instructions to the players. 

All because one manager and his coaching staff do it differently we must all change and follow them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows what will happen in the meetings with the owners. 

What gossip Mercer apart from you suggesting for 9 months that Alex Neil was incoming here which according to Gav was false from what he was told? 

So you now suggesting that you have been heating for 6 months that Mowbray will be given an extended contract? We have seen people posting on here that Waggott tried to get rid of Mowbray last season and I reckon it was around the Reading game given the Mowbray strange interview and comments around the Reading away game. 

I think there has been speculation about Mowbray's position since at least, if not earlier, the Bournemouth home game back in early April.  Within an hour of that game finishing, I was given to understand Mowbray would be gone within 72 hours - others on here, including @oldjamfan1also had that understanding.  Obviously, didn't happen and perhaps indicative of what I said in an earlier post today - I think decisions made at Rovers change like the wind.  IMO, Mowbray's body language in subsequent games suggested something was amiss.

As for Neill, I am 90%+ certain what Gav was told was wrong.  Given time, I think it will emerge Neill was close to becoming Rovers' manager (you will recall what Warnock has said in interviews about his time when he was in the running for Rovers' job).  I still would not write Neill off - he would not be my choice though.

As far your final point, I certainly have not been hinting for 6 months that Mowbray would get an extended contract.  If I had to call it, I would say it's 90%+ certain he wont.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think there has been speculation about Mowbray's position since at least, if not earlier, the Bournemouth home game back in early April.  Within an hour of that game finishing, I was given to understand Mowbray would be gone within 72 hours - others on here, including @oldjamfan1also had that understanding.  Obviously, didn't happen and perhaps indicative of what I said in an earlier post today - I think decisions made at Rovers change like the wind.  IMO, Mowbray's body language in subsequent games suggested something was amiss.

As for Neill, I am 90%+ certain what Gav was told was wrong.  Given time, I think it will emerge Neill was close to becoming Rovers' manager (you will recall what Warnock has said in interviews about his time when he was in the running for Rovers' job).  I still would not write Neill off - he would not be my choice though.

As far your final point, I certainly have not been hinting for 6 months that Mowbray would get an extended contract.  If I had to call it, I would say it's 90%+ certain he wont.

This is exactly why Venky’s can never be trusted to do the right thing. Surely they learned that a last minute change of heart, about a manager, was disastrous, after dropping the Warnock appointment in favour of Coyle. Despite this and assuming what people are suggesting about Mowbray, after the Bournemouth game, is correct, why do a similar 180 degree again and keep Mowbray?

Its back to this badly advised again and who is advising them, or perhaps making the decisions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a mandatory 10 day isolation requirement for arrivals into India along with 2 PCR tests. Unless Mowbray has got special dispensation from the Indian government then he will not be able to go.

If the meeting is taking place elsewhere - e.g. Switzerland - then this will be with Balaji and his cohorts and not with the Desai couple who control the purse strings.

This is a double edged sword. As I said the other day I think the only way Rovers sees any investment in new players or contracts for our existing players is via a face to face meeting with the owners. Sadly I think this also means that Mowbray gets a contract extension. So do we hope Mowbray's contract expires but with it those of our 'best' players or do we hope he gets some cash for January and approval on new deals but with it a new contract himself.

I'll be honest the prospect of enduring him until May is tough enough but beyond then I can't comprehend. 

This is probably all pie in the sky stuff because as above, I can't see him going to meet the owners in any event, or certainly not the ones that matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Round and round we go chasing our Tails like a mad Dog....going nowhere,nothing seems to change much.

We'll all be saying the same things and expressing the same angst come Xmas and then season end.

Owners who simply don't know what they want from the Club and a CEO and Manager on easy st as a direct cause of it and looking safe as Houses.

Depressing only touches on this situation.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think there has been speculation about Mowbray's position since at least, if not earlier, the Bournemouth home game back in early April.  Within an hour of that game finishing, I was given to understand Mowbray would be gone within 72 hours - others on here, including @oldjamfan1also had that understanding.

I think it was much sooner then that. Reading away game(2nd March 2021) cos his pre and post match interviews was very weird and strange comments. It almost like tried to get him sack and wanted to bring in a different manager who different style of play and tactics. 

Yes I remember you and others posting the info which I have more than grateful of you doing so and hope you continue to posted any info you get whether its wrong or right. 

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As for Neill, I am 90%+ certain what Gav was told was wrong.  Given time, I think it will emerge Neill was close to becoming Rovers' manager.  I still would not write Neill off -

Well why wouldn't you still not write Neil off becoming Rovers manager? 

I think he might be in line for Boro job if Warnock is sack shortly

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

he would not be my choice though.

Who would be your choice to replace Mowbray?

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As far your final point, I certainly have not been hinting for 6 months that Mowbray would get an extended contract.  If I had to call it, I would say it's 90%+ certain he wont.

But you have said this in a previous post "there's been too much 'noise' since early April for Mowbray to be given an extended contract." Its the first time I've seen you post this so I am asking what noises have you hearing and from where? 

I think its too early to be given him an extend contract and I would rather wait until next March or April before deciding his future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I don't find strange that Lowe and Johnson don't go on the touchline and give instructions. Mostly its Mowbray who on the touchline with the odd time being Venus. 

When you watch other teams its always the manager/head coach who is there given instructions to the players. 

All because one manager and his coaching staff do it differently we must all change and follow them

Agree to diasagree Chaddy.

Your refusal to accept any criticism of Mowbray and his cohorts beggars belief. They can do no wrong in your eyes, it would seem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Agree to diasagree Chaddy.

Your refusal to accept any criticism of Mowbray and his cohorts beggars belief. They can do no wrong in your eyes, it would seem.

I am more than willing fair criticism of Mowbray and his staff. But I think you knit-panicking cos you seen one manager doing it this way you expect Mowbray to do it. 

Klopp and Guardiola are the only one who stand on the touchline in games from what I have seen. Should they adopt Neil Critchley way now?

I get the feeling that you wouldn't mind him replacing Mowbray if that was an option. is this correct? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well why wouldn't you still not write Neil off becoming Rovers manager? 

Who would be your choice to replace Mowbray?

But you have said this in a previous post "there's been too much 'noise' since early April for Mowbray to be given an extended contract." Its the first time I've seen you post this so I am asking what noises have you hearing and from where? 

I think its too early to be given him an extend contract and I would rather wait until next March or April before deciding his future. 

Neill - I think he has some support within the Rovers' hierarchy and also I think he WANTS the job.

My choice - don't follow football the same and therefore lost touch a bit.  There is untapped talent out there (eg Blackpool 'found' Critchley) and there are good appointments to be made (eg think Forest have made an inspired choice in Cooper).  If Venky's want to employ me as a consultant, I'll guarantee finding someone who would be a vast improvement on Mowbray.

Mowbray contract extension - think you've misunderstood me Chaddy.  I've said I think there has been too much noise for Mowbray to be given an extension - IMO, he was 'a dead man walking' for quite some time during April/May and I think it showed in his demeanour.  I would not give Mowbray any extension - IMO, the sooner he is 'out the building' the better for Rovers!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.