Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?


Recommended Posts

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Raya the rock. That hurts!!!

You should check out his thread on the Brentford forums - they love him there.

Fabulously talented and confident keeper.
I love the way he dominates the whole penalty area,as you say catches rather than punches,and distributes the ball superbly.
I go all the way back to Chick Brodie,but our current custodian really looks the business,and makes such a difference to the confidence of the players in front of him.
Great signing!

Raya has presence and leadership, bit like Pontus. Leads by example and gives 110% every game. What is there not to love.

He came with lots of GPGers admitting to being concerned, confused or underwhelmed and got a fair bit of stick after Bournemouth friendly.
Since the season started he’s been so impressive in his command of his area, willingness to come for every cross and nearly always claiming them and his distribution is excellent.
He will make mistakes but only because he is committed and comes for everything, I have so much more confidence in our defence this season.
Muy bien David

it's funny, blackburn fans said his distribution was woeful and he never came for crosses.. weird.. I guess Bristol City fans are wondering why we slagged off Bentley and Sheff U the same with Egan. Maybe sometimes you just need to be in a different place with a different emphasis.. He's been brilliant for us so far..

Upgrade on Bentley in his command of his area and thus far distribution. He's also clearly a bit of a nutcase

One of our best signings in past few seasons

Don't know what you mean. confused.gif wink.gif What a keeper. What a footballer. What a team player. Keep focused on the massive positive that this lad brings.

We got away with that one...but a clear upgrade on Bentley. At least we've gotten away with the 3 errors he's made this season... (Boro, Barnsley(?) and tonight). That said I love how he effortlessly catches every cross like it's no issue. A lot of goalkeepers are punching the one's he's collecting and distributing.

Touch of the Pickfords about him.
Not the biggest presence, and very erratic at times.
But very athletic, a great shot stopper and superb distribution.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JacknOry said:

You should check out his thread on the Brentford forums - they love him there.

Fabulously talented and confident keeper.
I love the way he dominates the whole penalty area,as you say catches rather than punches,and distributes the ball superbly.
I go all the way back to Chick Brodie,but our current custodian really looks the business,and makes such a difference to the confidence of the players in front of him.
Great signing!

Raya has presence and leadership, bit like Pontus. Leads by example and gives 110% every game. What is there not to love.

He came with lots of GPGers admitting to being concerned, confused or underwhelmed and got a fair bit of stick after Bournemouth friendly.
Since the season started he’s been so impressive in his command of his area, willingness to come for every cross and nearly always claiming them and his distribution is excellent.
He will make mistakes but only because he is committed and comes for everything, I have so much more confidence in our defence this season.
Muy bien David

it's funny, blackburn fans said his distribution was woeful and he never came for crosses.. weird.. I guess Bristol City fans are wondering why we slagged off Bentley and Sheff U the same with Egan. Maybe sometimes you just need to be in a different place with a different emphasis.. He's been brilliant for us so far..

Upgrade on Bentley in his command of his area and thus far distribution. He's also clearly a bit of a nutcase

One of our best signings in past few seasons

Don't know what you mean. confused.gif wink.gif What a keeper. What a footballer. What a team player. Keep focused on the massive positive that this lad brings.

We got away with that one...but a clear upgrade on Bentley. At least we've gotten away with the 3 errors he's made this season... (Boro, Barnsley(?) and tonight). That said I love how he effortlessly catches every cross like it's no issue. A lot of goalkeepers are punching the one's he's collecting and distributing.

Touch of the Pickfords about him.
Not the biggest presence, and very erratic at times.
But very athletic, a great shot stopper and superb distribution.

 

Ouch! I wonder which David Raya will turn up for work this weekend? I hope it's not this one ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Defenders are coming....

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18052021.mixed-injury-news-rovers-ahead-barnsley-visit/

 

So Nyambe and Williams out.

Meaning the likely back 4 of 

Bennett RB, Lenihan, Toshin, Bell LB

 

Lenihan surely isn't going play 90 mins... if he doesn't break down.

3 at the back surely not a viable option with the 2 who are out.

God Help Us.

 

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Miller11 said:

Nyambe being “under the weather” and “not in particularly good nick” is code for “obviously Bennett would be at right back even if we had a fully fit Cafu in his prime”

Tony would not welcome Cafu’s flair at right back. However, if he were on the opposition’s side then he’d put 3 men on him.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Miller11 said:

Nyambe being “under the weather” and “not in particularly good nick” is code for “obviously Bennett would be at right back even if we had a fully fit Cafu in his prime”

Any excuse not to play Nayambe, What he's done to inspire such low regard from the manager is beyond me.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Backroom

We snuck that in about Gladwin didn’t we, previously he wasn’t under contract but sticking around, now he’s had his contract extended till January?

So despite never doing anything decent for us then being injured forever we actually renewed his contract 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tom said:

We snuck that in about Gladwin didn’t we, previously he wasn’t under contract but sticking around, now he’s had his contract extended till January?

So despite never doing anything decent for us then being injured forever we actually renewed his contract 

And yet we don't sign defenders. This is why I find the whole set up at Ewood crooked rather than barren - if we can give him a contract but not a centre half - not even a freebie from the free agents list - then you know something is up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why oh why do Mowbray’s pre match comments again fill me with dread .He is an utter doom and gloom man.....he drains any positivity ( God knows there’s not much of that around ) . Ewood will be as miserable a place as it’s been for many, many a year. Do I want to go to the game ? No . Will I go to the game? Yes.....but not for much longer. 
I can’t believe I’m about to write this but.....here goes....I would take a heavy defeat on Saturday if it pushed this miserable man to the door. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Tom said:

We snuck that in about Gladwin didn’t we, previously he wasn’t under contract but sticking around, now he’s had his contract extended till January?

So despite never doing anything decent for us then being injured forever we actually renewed his contract 

Didn't he admit to only keeping Gladwin around out of sympathy? I know he's not breaking the bank but I'm glad we have money to burn on pity contracts. We could always do with another midfielder anyway.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Any excuse not to play Nayambe, What he's done to inspire such low regard from the manager is beyond me.

Probably not related but coincidentally he did change his agent.

He gets a bad rep but worse than Bennett at RB? Not sure about that.

Trouble is, I just don’t believe these stories of mysterious illness or infamous knocks any more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You don't get jag lag going to Africa as it's not crossing time zones.

It's fairly obvious he is going to be sat on planes and in airports etc when he goes. It didn't affect him going there so no reason it should be a problem coming back either.

He has played 2 international matches whereas the rest of our squad have been on holiday again. Can't be a question over his match fitness.

Give him 2 days at home to shag his girlfriend, stick him in the cryo chamber for a bit and then get him in the fucking team.

He's 21 FFS !!!!!!

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stuart said:

Probably not related but coincidentally he did change his agent.

He gets a bad rep but worse than Bennett at RB? Not sure about that.

Trouble is, I just don’t believe these stories of mysterious illness or infamous knocks any more.

When did that happen? Don't believe in coincidences at Ewood these days. 

That said if it was recent Caddis was preferred to Nayambe so maybe TM has had a downer on him since the beginning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Probably not related but coincidentally he did change his agent.

He gets a bad rep but worse than Bennett at RB? Not sure about that.

Trouble is, I just don’t believe these stories of mysterious illness or infamous knocks any more.

He'll probably join Brentford in January and be the granite in their defence!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Amo said:

Didn't he admit to only keeping Gladwin around out of sympathy? I know he's not breaking the bank but I'm glad we have money to burn on pity contracts. We could always do with another midfielder anyway.

Enough money to give a contract to a perennially injured League One standard player who plays in a position we don't need out of sympathy/loyalty yet not enough money to keep our 15 goal set piece specialist/captain who actually plays and in a position we are short on numbers.

Something doesn't smell right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Playing bottom of the league at home....

Inspirational stuff Tony.

 

“We’ll train again (on Friday) and then pick a team for the weekend and see if we can get the three points.”

 
 

If we don't get the three points against Barnsley at home, surely there'll hardly be anybody left who doesn't want shut of TM. Anything short of a victory is absolutely and utterly unacceptable. I don't care if the ref sends off two of our players as soon as we kick off for no reason. Enough is enough. Win or fuck off Tony.

Spoiler alert - I'd quite like you to fuck off even if you win, unless you're about to learn and improve your decision-making dramatically, which I doubt.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

If we don't get the three points against Barnsley at home, surely there'll hardly be anybody left who doesn't want shut of TM. 

Not even close to losing the majority of match going fans. 

I’ve never known such a Teflon manager.
 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.