BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

We've lost 4, won 1 and drawn 1 of the last 6.

Points total might be the same but at least Barnsley have managed to get something from 4 of their games, where as we got nothing in 4 of ours.

This is anything but a home banker.

Wow.

So it seems we are not confident of beating, at home, the managerless team rooted to the bottom of the Championship with just 9 points (just 1 win and that was on the opening day of the season) from 16 games.

Forgive me but this HAS to be a home banker. 

To go into this match with any doubt about anything other than a victory is an indictment on Mowbray and all the coaching staff.

Fail to win this then Blackburn Rovers might as well shut up shop.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

To go into this match with any doubt about anything other than a victory is an indictment on Mowbray and all the coaching staff.

Yep, pretty much this.

I see us starting brightly, conceding against the run of play, conceding again before HT then rallying and snatching a draw with a late goal. Mowbray claims a never say die attitude, avoids the brickbats, the fans are happy and we bumble on.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Wow.

So it seems we are not confident of beating, at home, the managerless team rooted to the bottom of the Championship with just 9 points (just 1 win and that was on the opening day of the season) from 16 games.

I think it’s because you say so many games are home bankers, it doesn’t really carry much weight.

• Like 2

Expect another familiar tale. Positive first 10 minutes where we have them on the rack and apply pressure. They hang on in there and weather the storm. Score with their first chance of the game. We feel sorry for ourselves but rally after half time. Have nearly all the possession and pressure but cant score. Eventually get the equaliser and go home with a point. Manager can point towards another 'dominant' display.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think it’s because you say so many games are home bankers, it doesn’t really carry much weight.

and they should be!!!!

For goodness sake, we are talking about the likes of newly promoted Charlton, Luton and Barnsley and struggling Championship teams that roll up at Ewood.  

Strikes me we can't be confident of winning ANY game under the Mowbray regime.  IMO, it's time Mowbray and his motley team of staff got out of town.

How far we have fallen since the halcyon days of Kenny, Souey, Hughes and Big Sam.

There are simply no excuses.

I think our club is a mess from top to bottom and I am just p1ssed off about it.

Just now, Mercer said:

and they should be!!!!

For goodness sake, we are talking about the likes of newly promoted Charlton, Luton and Barnsley and struggling Championship teams that roll up at Ewood.  

Strikes me we can't be confident of winning ANY game under the Mowbray regime.  IMO, it's time Mowbray and his motley team of staff got out of town.

How far we have fallen since the halcyon days of Kenny, Souey, Hughes and Big Sam.

There are simply no excuses.

I think our club is a mess from top to bottom and I am just p1ssed off about it.

We could be playing Liverpool in the Cup and you’d claim it was a licence to print money on a Rovers win. I’d estimate that 75%+ of your Rovers score predictions are wrong - and that’s a conservative figure. 

24 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I reckon it will be......

LINEUP111574240489674.png

If there is ever an opportunity to play three at the back, with two wing backs, this is it.

Downing                                                                                           Bennett

Lenihan,           Adarabayio,                  Nyambe

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

We are playing managerless Barnsley at Ewood.  Even if Barnsley do make an appointment before weekend, let's be honest, there is no time for a new manager to change much.

Barnsley have drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 6.

At almost evens, this is one helluva chance for Rovers' fans to fill their Christmas stockings.

This is a banker home, the nearest thing you can get to a betting certainty.  Make the most of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't see odds close to evens on this anymore Rovers well odds on. Looks like some have taken Mercer's advice!

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Wow.

As you point out every sunday - Friday, Mowbray is not a good manager and his coaching set up is poor (and I agree)

But its these reasons as to why its not a home banker. 

Luton was a home banker but we lost.

I agree that we should be expecting nothing but a win but as we hampered by a shit manager, it isn't.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tom said:

Well they have a new manager in place 

Gerhard Struber

Not convinced he’s not a baddy from Die Hard though 

Yep: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18048701.barnsley-name-new-boss-time-rovers-trip/

New manager bounce incoming. We all know the script.

• Like 1

That's a pity it will get them a boost for sure and yet again a ready made excuse to come out with after the game if we don't win. 

It would have been interesting to see how Mowbray talked up a managerless Barnsley before and after.

• Backroom

Just been chatting to a West Ham supporter, and we noticed our similarities for this weekend:

• Both clubs 5 points off the relegation places
  • Both clubs playing at home
  • Both opponents appointed new managers today
  • Both opponents haven't won a single away league match all season
  • Both home teams have only won 1 of previous 4 H2H

Me and him agreed, there's only one way this is heading.......... and it ain't with us enjoying a celebratory beer teatime Saturday!! 

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

How long have you been supporting betting on us?

Much as I think Mercer's predictions are often about as reliable as guessing the winning national lottery numbers on this occasion I think he has a point. This has to be a win as they are absymal and anything else would be beyond appalling. 

Given that Barnsley need the win and can't afford to sit back (what better opportunity will they get for 3 points?) then it should be an open game against weak opposition that is ideal for Rovers. 

I get that we screw up lots and TM isn't great. However he is barely competent not incompetent and and that should be enough on the day. 

In the grand scheme of a relegation battle beyond this weekend Rovers need to stall/kill any new manager bounce before it can gain any momentum. A win could do more damage to Barnsley than just this game. So not only should we be beating subpar opposition, we really need to as well.