BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have 2. Douglas has been excellent last few games. They probably wouldn't have sold Pickering otherwise. We aren't loaning him back out of pure goodness and generosity. 

Will some fans every be able to move gears from the "he's rubbish" position on Douglas? Or will it become one of these narratives that is trotted out, even though it's not true anymore. There are many! 

2 bad’uns. Douglas has been better than he was but has been by no means ‘excellent’ - he still can’t run and has very poor positioning, not a great combination for a fullback.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You think we will reach the Premier League this season with these loan signings? Because I don't and if we don't then the loan signings haven't been a success for the club all we have done is helped develop another clubs player.

If it gets us close then I will still consider it a success as we will be more likely to attract good signings (permanent) in the future to enable another crack at promotion. Also losing games playing our young players who are not ready might bring fears of relegation and have the opposite effect on future player recruitment. 

• Like 1

I keep coming back to thinking about Bauer. On a free he was well within budget even if his wages were higher than ideal.

Good at this level. Would have been around longer than Tosin and more dependable than Ayala. Sure injuries can and do happen but the likelihood is we'd have been better served than by a (very good) loan and a crock. Appreciate its hypothetical but the likelihood of Warton and Bauer getting long term injuries for us is low (appreciate they both do now, but I think the point stands - a competent and fit CB would have been better for us the last 2 seasons)

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

The loan back thing for Pickering makes no sense, we need a left back now.

Absolutely. If they think he's as good as the publicity says he is and that he is an improvement on what we've got, what's the point - except of course for Tony to extend his tenure into another season?

17 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

2 bad’uns. Douglas has been better than he was but has been by no means ‘excellent’ - he still can’t run and has very poor positioning, not a great combination for a fullback.

They obviously wouldn't sell Picering without a loan back. What can ya do?

Bell is poor alright. I think Douglas has picked up considerably. Looks much sharper and fitter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Absolutely. If they think he's as good as the publicity says he is and that he is an improvement on what we've got, what's the point - except of course for Tony to extend his tenure into another season?

Because Crewe wouldn't sell him otherwise? Is it not literally that simple? 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

They obviously wouldn't sell Pickering without a loan back. What can ya do?

Bell is poor alright. I think Douglas has picked up considerably. Looks much sharper and fitter. 

He had a six-hundred grand release clause, didn't he? Or somewhere in that region? Then again I suppose the loan back may have shaved a little bit off the asking price.

Like you I've definitely seen some improvement in Douglas, and I'm comfortable enough with having him starting for the rest of the season. Even so I think the ideal situation would have been to bring him in straight away if we could have sold Bell too, albeit for a very small fee, and let Picking & Douglas battle it out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It will be a financial decision. Either we get a discount on the fee if we let Crewe keep him until the end of the season or Crewe pay a chunk of his wage until the summer when we get Bell and Douglas off the wage bill. 

Sky:

HARWOOD-BELLIS TRAINING WITH ROVERS

Man City youngster Taylor Harwood-Bellis has completed his loan move to Blackburn. 

We’re still waiting for official confirmation from the clubs, but the player is training with the Sky Bet Championship side for the first time today.