BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bit harsh, I think. He has been pretty consistent this season on all those fronts. 

Going off past history I wouldn't be relying on him to see a full season out, but if he mostly does this season then that's a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

So did Mark Hughes, he sold them both.

Surprised you're on here after the mauling you got on this subject and other threads yesterday. 

Other fans put you right

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

Harwood-Bellis immediate need;

Pickering arrives for next year, when we are sure to lose a warm body or two. 

Mowbray isnt perfect as a tactician, but he’s doing what he can, bringing in player personnel. He’s been dealt crumbs, but he’s baking the cake. Let’s see if he can get it iced on May 8.  

2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Mowbray isnt perfect as a tactician, but he’s doing what he can, bringing in player personnel. He’s been dealt crumbs, but he’s baking the cake. Let’s see if he can get it iced on May 8.  

I'm definitely an optimist when it comes to Rovers, and have pretty consistently said that Mowbray gets far too much stick on here, but I think saying that he's been dealt crumbs is a little too far. As his detractors have been quick to point out, he hasn't been forced to sell any of our first teamers since his arrival, and whilst our budget means that he needs to look for value it's clear that we still have more spending power than a few in this league. 

I agree that he is developing the squad quite nicely, and a couple of buys have been tremendous investments, so perhaps I'm splitting hairs a bit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pickering will be quality player for us

A big statement having never seen him play.

2 hours ago, iSeeRed said:

It's incredible how miserable people are on here.

People are questioning a player lauded by some as a great talent as to why he isnt joining the squad immediately which I can understand to an extent.

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Charlie Kirk from Crewe now doing the rounds.

Where is this from?

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A big statement having never seen him play.

People are questioning a player lauded by some as a great talent as to why he isnt joining the squad immediately which I can understand to an extent.

Where is this from?

Our very own Joe H!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Scott Dann WAS a good defender.......for Crystal Palace.

Here, barring one brief spell when he'd got fit and was playing for the move he was average to pish at best. No better than Hanley really just a bit less alehouse.

Yep, good player when he wanted to be. Another one though who gave the impression he thought he was slumming it at Rovers and never really pulled his tripe out because of it. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Might seem pickety but why do you constantly refer to them as "kids"? 

Brainthwaite is a 6 foot 5 18 year old with Premier League appearances. He's hardly a kid. He's a fully grown man. You throw kids around in every post you talk about him but, personally, as a 27 year old I would think I would give any kid a run for their money. Put me up against the man that is Branthwaite and I would be thrown around like a rag doll.

The same goes for Harwood Bellis, who has played in Champions League games and is a 6 foot 2 19 year old man.

While they might not read this and it is irrelevant to them you should pay them the respect they have earnt and refer to men as men and stop trying to disregard them as kids. They are probably bigger and wider than you are. 

I've just watched the Pickering vid - he's definitely a kid 

49 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

He’s been dealt crumbs, but he’s baking the cake. Let’s see if he can get it iced on May 8.  

I'm sure Venkys wouldn't agree with your analogy. Once again a window goes by with no significant sales and some cash coughed up for incomings to replace the crock Mowbray gave a 3 year contract in the summer.

He's had another window of backing. 

Most owners would either have fired him or sold a few to recoup losses by now.

Assuming £650,000 is an accurate figure for Pickering and assuming we don't sell anyone then that's a reasonable net spend certainly more than most in this division in this climate.

Having said that I'll stop short of hailing Venkys as "meaning business" by authorising short term loans of two teenagers likely costing us very little.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

To be honest, think the Pickering deal makes a bit of sense (assuming he’s good!).

Douglas has been playing better lately and he’s off back to Leeds at the end of the season. At which point he will need to be replaced- enter Mr Pickering.....

• Like 4

Just now, K-Hod said:

To be honest, think the Pickering deal makes a bit of sense (assuming he’s good!).

Douglas has been playing better lately and he’s off back to Leeds at the end of the season. At which point he will need to be replaced- enter Mr Pickering.....

Not just the opinion of those of un on here either, believe WhoScored have him in their team of the month. 

• Like 1