BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Haha, that's a brilliant press conference. Pearson comes across as a fairly dreadful human being!

Apparently was drunk when he did that one, always took attention away from his players on to him. Mourinho style tactic.

”I’m right your Wrong”

16 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

pearson is an aggresive fellow as he was an aggresive player,there would be no slow build with him,sadly he would`nt work with the current behind the scenes set up,he`d be wanting to jettison at least half the squad within a week of arriving and if he could`nt do it his way,he`d be off,kind of like a lambert situation but more violent

At least he'd leave us with something to cheer about.

29 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Callum Davidson coming along nicely as a manager in his own right.....look like he knows how to set a defence up.

(Well, maybe not) 😒

It's nice he's good at something as he was a woeful player. Once scored a cracking goal though.

• Like 1

'Everyone know' Sparky and his team don't get out of bed for less than £5m. I can't see Venkys throwing that kind of money at a manager.

Pearson and Wagner are managers who have got a team promoted to the Premier League. Frank Lampard almost did in his first year as a manager. I though Frank did a good job at Chelsea. The regime at Chelsea is the polar opposite of the regime here. I'd overlooked the need for a manager who has a promotion from the Championship on his CV.

The thing is that Venkys have options, alternatives to Mowbray and promotion is still possible with a new manager. Delay makes that goal less attainable.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

'Everyone know' Sparky and his team don't get out of bed for less than £5m. I can't see Venkys throwing that kind of money at a manager.

Pearson and Wagner are managers who have got a team promoted to the Premier League. Frank Lampard almost did in his first year as a manager. I though Frank did a good job at Chelsea. The regime at Chelsea is the polar opposite of the regime here. I'd overlooked the need for a manager who has a promotion from the Championship on his CV.

The thing is that Venkys have options, alternatives to Mowbray and promotion is still possible with a new manager. Delay makes that goal less attainable.

£5m eh, that's a whole Gallagher or most of a Brererton.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Cheap skating on the manager is a real false economy. He's the most important person at the club, or he should be.

They see the manager as a purely autonomous task. I'm surprised they haven't just promoted one of their Venkys XPRS restaurant managers.

There are only two ways Mowbray goes. First that he chucks in the towel and walks. Highly unlikely unless we go on a run of unprecedented bad results like Coventry did in 2016. With this squad of players that isn't going to happen. Mowbray has everything here set up in his favour. It might be a different story if there were interfering owners or directors making him squirm but no such prospect here.

The other way is if Pasha applies pressure in India for a change. Not likely. It took 6 months of unrest and poor results before someone did something about Coyle. Mowbray will have a lot more credit in the bank than that.

The key will be when it is season ticket renewal time. Without changes they will collapse through the floor and maybe, just maybe, the owners will take notice at that point.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I'd suggest that Waggot, like all the ones that were in his position (or similar) before him have no real power. 

Its Venkys that call the shots, it just about which agent has their ear at the time.

At this moment in time the raos dont seem bothered 

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There are only two ways Mowbray goes. First that he chucks in the towel and walks. Highly unlikely unless we go on a run of unprecedented bad results like Coventry did in 2016. With this squad of players that isn't going to happen. Mowbray has everything here set up in his favour. It might be a different story if there were interfering owners or directors making him squirm but no such prospect here.

The other way is if Pasha applies pressure in India for a change. Not likely. It took 6 months of unrest and poor results before someone did something about Coyle. Mowbray will have a lot more credit in the bank than that.

The key will be when it is season ticket renewal time. Without changes they will collapse through the floor and maybe, just maybe, the owners will take notice at that point.

Possibly but not so sure about that myself. Missing going trumps being miserable whilst I'm there for me. I miss the bacon cheeseburger from the van behind the club shop. I miss staring at the terrible resolution of the screen in the 'fanzone'. I miss sitting people watching as fans stream in and players warm up. I miss it all.

I didn't get a season ticket this year (someone else did so we already have the ifollow) but will next year as I miss watching in person. This will be the case whoever is in charge or what division we are in no matter how low we fall as long as I am physically able to attend. This feeling concerns me as it always helps the duffers to gloss over things. No matter how bad it gets, you'll never get REAL boycotts that would actually make a difference.

I think the only thing which has a chance of working is your Option 2. Another month of mostly losses might do it or perhaps the summer if he has the nerve to ask for millions more money.

9 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

I believe a decent manager would get 10-15 goals a season out of Gallagher.

If they sold Armstrong and Dack i believe he would then stick Gallagher more centrally and have BB then trying to do what Gally does now. They certainly wouldn't spend the funds they'll just disappear. 

Then he'd come up with yet another over complicated way to play and invent some new catchword for some positions. I think some of what we see now is just down to trying to shoehorn everyone in where and when he can.

Under the guise of development of course.

Just now, tomphil said:

If they sold Armstrong and Dack i believe he would then stick Gallagher more centrally and have BB then trying to do what Gally does now. They certainly wouldn't spend the funds they'll just disappear. 

Then he'd come up with yet another over complicated way to play and invent some new catchword for some positions. I think some of what we see now is just down to trying to shoehorn everyone in where and when he can.

Under the guise of development of course.

If we were relying on Gallagher and Brereton to score goals we'd be in a relegation fight as there'd be no sod scoring goals. Quite worrying really as Armstrong going is a real possibility and all the owners will see is that we have £5m and £7m forwards, so we're covered if anyone leaves.

• Like 4

Just now, booth said:

If we were relying on Gallagher and Brereton to score goals we'd be in a relegation fight as there'd be no sod scoring goals. Quite worrying really as Armstrong going is a real possibility and all the owners will see is that we have £5m and £7m forwards, so we're covered if anyone leaves.

That's possibly the plan that's in place now, invest a bit in the squad, develop it to get to its max value. Then start cashing in to recoup some running costs whilst hoping there's enough there and coming through to slot into place and cover the sales.

Somewhere in the midst of all that become a promotion challenging team as well but that's not the priority. 

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's possibly the plan that's in place now, invest a bit in the squad, develop it to get to its max value. Then start cashing in to recoup some running costs whilst hoping there's enough there and coming through to slot into place and cover the sales.

Somewhere in the midst of all that become a promotion challenging team as well but that's not the priority. 

And at the helm of it is a laid back div talking about journeys.

• Like 1