BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest v Rovers Sat 20 Feb 3pm

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

I see TM has described Forest as "well-organised"! Another team we'll presumably struggle against then.

Exactly what he said about Barnsley.

Tony ---they're all well-organised except us and Wycombe. Stop deluding yourself! You're not fooling us.

" Well organised " is exactly what we aren't. In my opinion, barring the very occasional game, we've never looked to be a well organised team all the time Mowbray has been here. That's why I wanted him out after his first full season.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently we should be a lot happier about today's team.

What we thinking then?

Nyambe start?

No Gallagher?

Dolan Start? 

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Harwood-Bellis Douglas 

Travis Davenport 

Dolan          Elliott         Brereton 

Armstrong 

Would you be happy with that team? 

Btw this is guess by your post

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski 

Travis Davenport 

Armstrong 

You, or anyone else for that matter,  couldn't pick a Rovers starting eleven I couldn't find several problems with. Not your fault, we've signed some real dross over the last few years. Could I pick a better team ? Probably not because these are the cards that Mowbray has dealt us.

What's the lad from City done to get a game ?  I wonder how he'll go on against Murray ?

Dolan is better coming off the bench in my opinion.

Elliot is better on the wing.

Brereton seems to have regressed back to the nonentity we signed originally.

I can't paint a picture were we get anything today, much as I'd like to be able to. Forest are on a par with QPR and Barnsley but both of those were too good for us. Two pretty average teams. One organised, one not. That usually only ends one way. 

Lets see if we can dredge up some commitment from somewhere for once.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Team selection or suggestion is not sensible yet.

Wait until Tony decides who is injured today. Expected about 2.05 pm UK time when our leader consults his tea leafs.

Those with long memories will remember when players were injured on account of it costing too much to play them. The Bank Manager had final say on who played then. Are we back in that boat ?

Fair play to the players if they can pull out a result today because looking at this they are being managed by a man who looks and sounds like a completely battered and broken man.

Blackburn Rovers on Twitter: "📹 Boss previews Forest ➡️ https://t.co/NMQK5a6BWU #Rovers | #FORvROV 🔵️ https://t.co/hhLd4WkAtL" / Twitter

Edited by Ewood Ace

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Team selection or suggestion is not sensible yet.

Wait until Tony decides who is injured today. Expected about 2.05 pm UK time when our leader consults his tea leafs.

'Tea leafs'? is that what he calls Venus, Lowe and Benson?

I can see Mowbray playing 7 players lacking in match fitness. Match fitness depends on the tempo and intensity Mowbray wants them to play. Pressing with Armstrong is a waste of time. The odd press is fine to keep their defence 'honest'. Our 2 January loanees at the back haven't the experience to cope with Grabban and Murray

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Fair play to the players if they can pull out a result today because looking at this they are being managed by a man who looks and sounds like a completely battered and broken man.

Blackburn Rovers on Twitter: "📹 Boss previews Forest ➡️ https://t.co/NMQK5a6BWU #Rovers | #FORvROV 🔵️ https://t.co/hhLd4WkAtL" / Twitter

It’s tiring work being a football manager and masterminding the Brockhall redevelopment with your besties Venus and Waggott.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

I cant see Mowbray starting with Nyambe today. This would make his decision to leave him out of the squad on Wednesday even more shocking and questionable.

Who would leave someone out of the squad for no reason just to include him in the starting 11 three days later?

If he does, that would pretty much imo scream ‘I have absolutely no idea what I am doing’

5 minutes ago, skous18 said:

I cant see Mowbray starting with Nyambe today. This would make his decision to leave him out of the squad on Wednesday even more shocking and questionable.

Who would leave someone out of the squad for no reason just to include him in the starting 11 three days later?

If he does, that would pretty much imo scream ‘I have absolutely no idea what I am doing’

That's exactly why Nyambe will be playing - on the left wing though.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It’s tiring work being a football manager and masterminding the Brockhall redevelopment with your besties Venus and Waggott.

He sounds like a man who knows he's been outed as the leader of the Brockhall Cartel.

Seriously, he is one boring individual.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He’d put a glass eye to sleep. No wonder the players can’t get going.

• Like 1

The cumulative evidence of 3 losses demonstrates incompetence, when he’s got his main players back from injury, and his transfers/loaners aren’t difference-makers.

I'm not expecting much today- other than good effort from the players selected. I always expect that. But I anticipate whatever effort is put forth, won’t be enough.

Edited by WacoRover

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski 

Travis Davenport 

Armstrong 

Wouldn't play Brereton don't think he's good enough.

Would put Elliot RW, Dolan LW and Dack just behind Arma.

41 minutes ago, rigger said:

No, what is irrational, is supporting a team, but wanting them to loose, for a reward that will not happen.   

If the reward were not to happen no matter how many games we lose, then we have bigger issues than who’s the manager. I for one would not support a team/club who has an unsackable manager, I’d be surprised if you would.

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

If the reward were not to happen no matter how many games we lose, then we have bigger issues than who’s the manager. I for one would not support a team/club who has an unsackable manager, I’d be surprised if you would.

We haven't got an unsackable manager. But I don't think that losing games is going to lead to Mowbray being sacked. I hope I am wrong. I will always support the Rovers, no matter who the owners or manager are. I may decide not to attend games, but I will always be a Rover.