BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

29 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

By placing most of the blame of our current plight on Mowbray, you're alluding to everything being tickety boo before he turned up. 

Most of the blame for our CURRENT plight does lie with Mowbray (and Waggott).

Obviously things weren't tickety boo before they turned  up either. It's the owners name over the door so ultimate responsibility lies with them. Where they've gone wrong up to now is to keep placing too much trust in chancers to run the Club on their behalf whether it be Kentaro or the Coventrio.

Until they start employing the right calibre of people and keep a sufficiently close eye on things to intervene if it looks like they're going wrong  I don't suppose we'll see much improvement and hundreds of .millions more will be wasted.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Most of the blame for our CURRENT plight does lie with Mowbray (and Waggott).

Obviously things weren't tickety boo before they turned  up either. It's the owners name over the door so ultimate responsibility lies with them. Where they've gone wrong up to now is to keep placing too much trust in chancers to run the Club on their behalf whether it be Kentaro or the Coventrio.

Until they start employing the right calibre of people and keep a sufficiently close eye on things to intervene if it looks like they're going wrong  I don't suppose we'll see much improvement and hundreds of .millions more will be wasted.

I think our current plight was started by Kean and the snake oil salesman he was backed by, however the owners let this happen and it's on them.

Mowbray is another chancer, different to Kean but still a chancer, and it turns out a really annoying bloke and shit manager. However  that's about where we operate now. Again, on the owners. 

We are where we are until they slither off and it's just shit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

We were under a transfer embargo due to FFP in 2015, Mowbray and Waggot were nowhere near the club.

The buck stops with the owners.

I'd be interested to know if this new era that yourself and others have alluded to over recent months had wind of this sell off? 

There was no thought back in 2015 to avoid an embargo with this sell off so what has changed since then? The potential housing development?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Come on Rev, you make it sound like their awful stewardship is something new. They have been doing it for nearly eleven years now and in my view this shows no sign of abating. You seen to have some trust and faith in them and, as your recent posts indicate you think they are on the cusp of major change and, hey presto things are magically back to pre 2011 days. My gut tells me they will never change.

I will never forgive and never forget what they have done to our club.

My sentiments exactly. 11 years of utter misery. Premier League status just thrown away by a mixture of incompetence and dodgy dealing.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

There was no thought back in 2015 to avoid an embargo with this sell off so what has changed since then? The potential housing development?

Give a valid reason why they had to do it this way if its about them making some money.

1 valid reason?

They own the club and they could sell the STC at anytime.

They did not have to set up another company  and pay 16.6 million into the club.

• Like 3

Just now, islander200 said:

Give a valid reason why they had to do it this way if its about them making some money.

1 valid reason?

They did not have to set up another company  and pay 16.6 million into the club.

Well your logic is impeccable but nobody trusts them. 

Why would you?

All I want them to do is sell.

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

1 valid reason?

But if they wanted or needed to sell it yet faced fierce opposition they'd perhaps do it this way instead.  Get some money into the club, pacify fans, dampen suspicion in some quarters.  Then punt it on.

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

1 valid reason?

Yep. They are supporting the club, for their sins. 

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well your logic is impeccable but nobody trusts them. 

Why would you?

All I want them to do is sell.

I dont trust them either and i want them out without question.

But imo owning us is not about making money off the club for them.Look at the amount they put into the club,covering losses after losses( which i know is their own doing but still it only adds to my belief they aint in this to make money out of the club).Nothing drastic has ever been done throughout their reign to drive income into the club.They continue to put money in for transgers(when allowed).They only sell players when practically forced too.

At the end of the day i get peoples suspicions but what has actually changed.If they wanted to sell the STC at any point they could do.Setting up this company and putting this money in doesnt make using the STC for housing any easier or any harder

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

But if they wanted or needed to sell it yet faced fierce opposition they'd perhaps do it this way instead.  Get some money into the club, pacify fans, dampen suspicion in some quarters.  Then punt it on.

They dont care about us enough to be worried too much about that.

At the end of the day the accounts show the injection of cash was needed for us to be ffp compliant

3 hours ago, Gav said:

We were under a transfer embargo due to FFP in 2015, Mowbray and Waggot were nowhere near the club.

The buck stops with the owners.

I'd be interested to know if this new era that yourself and others have alluded to over recent months had wind of this sell off? 

The idea that the brunt of blame regarding financial mismanagement falls onto them 2 is utterly nonsensical anyway.

They are given money by Venkys, if they are given x million, regardless of what they spend it on, x million has been spent. If that amount is too much and thus causes issues with FFP rules, that goes back up to the owners.

If that money is not spent efficiently, of which there certainly is a fair argument, that is a whole new discussion. Although the sale of Armstrong covers back much of it and any potential Brereton sale would likely lead to an overall profit.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The idea that the brunt of blame regarding financial mismanagement falls onto them 2 is utterly nonsensical anyway.

Of course the blame for financial mismanagement lies with Waggot.

He's the Chief Executive Officer, for crying out loud!

Venkys employ him to manage the club, both commercially and compliantly, on their behalf.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Of course the blame for financial mismanagement lies with Waggot.

He's the Chief Executive Officer, for crying out loud!

Venkys employ him to manage the club, both commercially and compliantly, on their behalf.

To an extent for sure, especially considering his management of things such as ticket prices etc has been piss poor. Can't argue with that.

I meant more Mowbray in truth, he spends the budget that he is given, if he spends that money well or otherwise, that plays a big part in judging his competence, but he spends what people above him give him.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To an extent for sure, especially considering his management of things such as ticket prices etc has been piss poor. Can't argue with that.

I meant more Mowbray in truth, he spends the budget that he is given, if he spends that money well or otherwise, that plays a big part in judging his competence, but he spends what people above him give him.

Many times througout his reign you will find quotes from Mowbray about going to the owners and asking for a bit of help to bring a player in.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Many times througout his reign you will find quotes from Mowbray about going to the owners and asking for a bit of help to bring a player in.

If that has happened, ie Mowbray has asked for money and Venkys have given it to him, that is still on the owners, they control the purse strings.

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If that has happened, ie Mowbray has asked for money and Venkys have given it to him, that is still on the owners, they control the purse strings.

Yes but they employ and pay good money to people to run the club on their behalf.Do you think abramovich or any other billionaire owner with a large buisness portfolio is personally looking over chelseas books or is he trusting the people he employs to make sure everything is in order?

I would agree that the owners are to blame in the sense they employ incompetent people and leave them in situ but with the money put in i just dont think we can lay all the blame at their door here.Im not saying its been promotion money but the money put in should have us in a lot better position.

My opinion is we are a small part of the buisness, we recieve minimal interest from them, they work out a budget with the manager,Ceo and finance people.They are as absent as you can get and from the outside looking in at times throughout their reign people on the ground have taken advantage of that fact.And that isnt me taking blame away from them as i am in 100% agreement they are the overall problem 

• Like 2

They are absent owners no doubt and have done so much wrong its unbelievable but one thing we cannot really lay at their door is they do not support the club financially the money they put into the club they won't see much of that back even if they did sell the stc as housing development. I don't trust them completely but when others are telling us it's an accounting trick for ffp I'm inclined to believe them.

• Like 5

On 30/10/2021 at 11:32, arbitro said:

Come on Rev, you make it sound like their awful stewardship is something new. They have been doing it for nearly eleven years now and in my view this shows no sign of abating. You seen to have some trust and faith in them and, as your recent posts indicate you think they are on the cusp of major change and, hey presto things are magically back to pre 2011 days. My gut tells me they will never change.

I will never forgive and never forget what they have done to our club.

Abso bloody loooterly, and the first time they get something right is when they put the club up for sale. Writing off twenty million a year for absolutely no benefit makes no sense. 

I guess though there's no chance of putting us up for sale, since there'll be no buyers. Our only escape from this nightmare will be admin. 

• Like 3

On 30/10/2021 at 11:03, RevidgeBlue said:

Off topic but you've given me a slight way in here. Myles Anderson, who is still playing, spent longer on the salary books at Rovers than at any of the other substantial number of clubs in his career.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 12.42.42.jpg

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1