BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

We desperately need bodies in especially ones who can give us a goal threat but Mowbray's quotes are very worrying in that we dont seem set to be getting what we need:

"Some of them are really young so here I am talking about looking to bring some experience in but the ones you can get from the clubs we’re loaning from we can’t get anywhere near."

I am guessing that the imminent one is Khadra.

@chaddyrovers you mention Bennett, he has a serious injury which is a shame in that he would be a great addition with plenty of experience for Pickering to learn from.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rigger said:

For me it will end when

1)They run the club properly.

2)They leave the club.

3)I die.

I actually hope it is option 1)

I agree but no sign of them running the club properly.  Ewood is a mess.  Pitch needs desperate attention.  Brockhall for sale

They are not going to leave the club.  Far too arrogant.

looks like death is the only viable option.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

I agree but no sign of them running the club properly.  Ewood is a mess.  Pitch needs desperate attention.  Brockhall for sale

They are not going to leave the club.  Far too arrogant.

looks like death is the only viable option.

Ewood pitch looked in pretty good nick last week

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We desperately need bodies in especially ones who can give us a goal threat but Mowbray's quotes are very worrying in that we dont seem set to be getting what we need:

"Some of them are really young so here I am talking about looking to bring some experience in but the ones you can get from the clubs we’re loaning from we can’t get anywhere near."

I am guessing that the imminent one is Khadra.

@chaddyrovers you mention Bennett, he has a serious injury which is a shame in that he would be a great addition with plenty of experience for Pickering to learn from.

Why Kharda when he is injury currently? 

Have you mentioned Healey before? You seen much of him? 

Agree on Bennett. 

If we are telling to add experience players on loan but its seems those wages are far above what we can afford. Shows how PL clubs over paid their average players

• Backroom

How exciting…..I’d much rather we brought in some permanent additions but having said that Liverpool fans seem to rate him based on pre season  

Edited by Tom

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why Kharda when he is injury currently? 

Have you mentioned Healey before? You seen much of him? 

Agree on Bennett. 

If we are telling to add experience players on loan but its seems those wages are far above what we can afford. Shows how PL clubs over paid their average players

I suppose that if Bennett had avoided injury, he would likely not be a free agent. He would be ideal with his experience as a top Championship left back, and it would allow Pickering more time to bed in.

I couldn't recommend Healey as I have never seen him play, I suggested him when Mowbray said that we have other irons in the fire on the back of being linked with Healey in the LT earlier in the summer.

Clarkson would not be one that I would get overly enthusiastic about, again a stab in the dark off the back of minimal senior experience. We do need a couple of midfielders in, Travis has his limitations but is by far our best option in there, Rothwell is so inconsistent and picked up an injury near the end today, Johnson is injured, Davenport never convinces in his cameos and Buckley showed why he is not ready to be a regular at this level, when the going gets tough he is nowhere to be seen. We need someone capable of scoring goals and someone capable of dictating the tempo in there, someone experienced like Hourihane would have been ideal, but despite receiving loads of money this week, it seems that such a deal is beyond us sadly.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I couldn't recommend Healey as I have never seen him play, I suggested him when Mowbray said that we have other irons in the fire on the back of being linked with Healey in the LT earlier in the summer.

fair enough. I've like him based on his goals for MK Dons in 2019-2020 season and last season at Toulouse. Seems to know where the goal is. Wouldn't mind him here. Same as Dembele from Peterborough who would give us a different options in the front like?

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Clarkson would not be one that I would get overly enthusiastic about, again a stab in the dark off the back of minimal senior experience. We do need a couple of midfielders in, Travis has his limitations but is by far our best option in there, Rothwell is so inconsistent and picked up an injury near the end today, Johnson is injured, Davenport never convinces in his cameos and Buckley showed why he is not ready to be a regular at this level, when the going gets tough he is nowhere to be seen. We need someone capable of scoring goals and someone capable of dictating the tempo in there, someone experienced like Hourihane would have been ideal, but despite receiving loads of money this week, it seems that such a deal is beyond us sadly.

Guess Clarkson would be like Harvey Elliott last season. I don't know him and the type of player he is. 

On Buckley not ready to be regular at this level? is that based on today game? 

yes we have received the Armstrong's money but it appears we aren't willing to over pay in wages despite losing 5 or 6 million pounds of the wage bill so far

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

fair enough. I've like him based on his goals for MK Dons in 2019-2020 season and last season at Toulouse. Seems to know where the goal is. Wouldn't mind him here. Same as Dembele from Peterborough who would give us a different options in the front like?

Guess Clarkson would be like Harvey Elliott last season. I don't know him and the type of player he is. 

On Buckley not ready to be regular at this level? is that based on today game? 

yes we have received the Armstrong's money but it appears we aren't willing to over pay in wages despite losing 5 or 6 million pounds of the wage bill so far

I think Elliott is probably a benchmark that we will struggle to match with any loan signing, Elliott seemingly was already seen as a special talent who was prominent in cup games and in matchday squads even at such a young age.

No, my Buckley conclusion is very much based on the entirety of his Rovers career, I recall off the top of my head a loss v Forest at home and also the game away at Boro in which he was subbed on then subbed back off again last season in which he looked like a little boy lost, it was not just a one off today. Being inconsistent to a certain degree is understandable but I don't even think that it is necessarily just a lack of physical strength, he just looks a little scared to be quite honest or at best, unable to stamp his own authority on a game and use his intelligence to make the game about what he is good at. He needs to find a way even against experienced and physical Championship midfielders to be able to influence games otherwise he will never fully establish himself as it will be impossible to trust him every week.

The issue is not over paying in wages but it seems that we have only one allocated signing in a striker. Why the manager cant make 2 or 3 reasonably priced permanent signings within the supposed Obafemi budget rather than having to splash out on one sole striker is beyond me.

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Bennett when fit is a good Championship LB - kept Cunningham out of the side and we know how well he did with us although fleeting. Trouble is, injury prone...

Did his cruciate in March, 31 years old. Be a stupid signing to make even for us! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

Did his cruciate in March, 31 years old. Be a stupid signing to make even for us! 

Yeah wasn't suggesting it, surely Cardiff would keep him on otherwise. Just saying, on his day, a good LB at this level.

Watch us sign him now.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1