BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

May be he won't sign a new contract so we decided to sell.. 

Actually that's my over riding issue at the moment more then signing any other new players.

We lose Rothwell, Nyambe, lenihan, Kaminski and Diaz at the end of the season as free agents. After that the only sellable asset left is a Bradley Dack stuck in the garage for repair. I genuinely believe the first 2 will not sign a contract as in Rothwell case Brentford/ similar clubs are intrested and in Nyambe he became so disillusioned  that players who weren't right backs where favoured in front of him.

We should be doing everything we can to get the other 3 to sign. We lose all 5 next season we are going to go straight to league 1

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bboy said:

Actually that's my over riding issue at the moment more then signing any other new players.

We lose Rothwell, Nyambe, lenihan, Kaminski and Diaz at the end of the season as free agents. After that the only sellable asset left is a Bradley Dack stuck in the garage for repair. I genuinely believe the first 2 will not sign a contract as in Rothwell case Brentford/ similar clubs are intrested and in Nyambe he became so disillusioned  that players who weren't right backs where favoured in front of him.

We should be doing everything we can to get the other 3 to sign. We lose all 5 next season we are going to go straight to league 1

Yes, the money would be much better spent there than forking out on another set of loan fees for another bunch of Premier League teenagers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Tony: “Before the window shuts I’m hoping we can add five or six more.”

I don't see in what world we, or pretty much anyone at our level, can get 5-6 players in 10 days, but....let's see?

I mean he’s explained it enough times.

He has no reason to lie, if he could have the players now he would. Why wouldn’t he?

5/6 players, crikey. 

Assume one of them is Khadra the winger, probably still need 2 x Defenders, 2 x Midfielders(One attacking, one box to box) and a #9.

Squad will be looking very good if he can pull it off.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, the money would be much better spent there than forking out on another set of loan fees for another bunch of Premier League teenagers.

I think the key to getting the lads signed up will be whether they regularly feature in their favoured position and  feel valued. If they get bounced in and out of thevteam because of a young loanee that has to play because the big clubs say so, then they will look at other options. 

The best way to keep them all. Get promoted. 

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Sounds like it's going to be a busy end to the window for us. After weeks and weeks of nothing in the transfer market, there should finally be a bit of excitement. Let's see who we bring in.

Kean Bryan, Tommy Doyle, Obafemi? I wonder who else is a possibility.

fingers bloody crossed, ey?

Speculating about Nyambe is just shockingly poor and without a shred of evidence! Everyone who supports Rovers knows he has issues with hamstrings and has done over the past 4 years. I am still amazed how doom-mongers jump on the wheel less wagon without foundation! 

I am still very much in the Mowbray out camp but credit where its due, we have snaffled 7 points from games I genuinely thought we would lose.

Lets see what the next 2 weeks brings in terms of incomings.

As for Rothwell? Well he has done okay so far this season but only in fits and spurts and nowhere near enough to get into the Premiership particularly Brentford !

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I see what you did there....give it 5 games.

Although I am a big Chapman fan and always have been since he was farmed out unfairly last season.

Farmed out unfairly? Done nothing to suggest that he’d make an impact in the championship before his loan last season. Unconvinced that he’ll do much this season either although last night was more promising.

Nyambie was in the thick of the rough stuff v Millwall and had a good game so he might well be carrying a knock or something.

When he was being left out for Bennett it looked ropey and we know he's one of TMs tactical victims at times. He's got the benefit of the doubt at the min though but if they sell him that's an own goal.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

5/6 players, crikey. 

Assume one of them is Khadra the winger, probably still need 2 x Defenders, 2 x Midfielders(One attacking, one box to box) and a #9.

Squad will be looking very good if he can pull it off.

I would say back up left back, centre midfielder, wide man, number 9 striker and a centre back. At least 2 of those must be permanent signing

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yeah, I think we could have used him last season.  Not like we were banging on the promotion door eh?

But that’s in hindsight. You’re not picking Chapman ahead of Elliott. He would have got minimal game time here. The loan went well and hopefully he can now contribute. He’s had chances before and not taken them so I don’t think we missed out last year at all.

• Like 1