BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

7 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Yep, the Obafemi ship has long since sailed. We need a striker. Even if we bring nobody else in, a decent striker and target man would improve us immensely. We're crying out for one.

We're gonna get nowhere in the long run this season with Dolan up front or the false nine experiment.

If we are going to continue to play more direct then a target man would be useful for us. One reason I mention Morris from Barnsley but he is out injured for 8 weeks now. 

If we wanted a striker who scores goals and has some decent pace(I am told) is Nisbat at Hibs. I will be watching the Hibs game today and we are supposedly interested in him. But we need a striker in this week. Dolan up front is not the answer long term

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So it's a kid 

And not from one of the big NW clubs. 

Doesn't bode that well.

If true that's 4 loan spots filled (with the Brighton lad). The LB is bound to be a cheap Loan as it's mainly cover.

That would leave one loan spot left.  Most likely a CB - although I think Carter has definitely shown enough to be amongst the first team and not go out on loan.

Obviously, interesting to see who it is but we don't  seem to be addressing the lack of goals in the side.

Rovers need a striker in and I would like one in this week so he can be on the bench for the Boro away game. 

Could it not be overseas player who parents are his agent? and before anyone says could be Niklas Schmidt, its can't be cos he was playing for his club side yesterday. 

I agree that Carter should be part of the first team set up here and he has more enough so far to be part of this squad

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ll be able to field a team with 3 or 4 No 10’s, 5 when Dack comes back. I don’t know what goes on in Mowbray’s head but he needs to stop listening to the voices.

we don't know how Dack will come back firstly but this loan deal could be just for 6 months

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Shame that we’ve learnt this lad isn’t from a NW club. Got excited about Anthony Elanga possibilities (because what a player he is!). 

Not got a clue who Waggott is on about though. Would be a bit annoying if it’s the Brighton one just being described as a #10

Could have flown down from Scotland. Doesn't have to have flown up from the South coast

11 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Could have flown down from Scotland. Doesn't have to have flown up from the South coast

Can't imagine there is anyone worth loaning from Scotland.  Any decent young player will be established in the first team so why would they loan him out?

Wonder if it is Matty Longstaff from Newcastle. Rumoured to be going out on loan and a local airport!

56 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

If I'm honest I'm not a big fan of Lenihan. He gets allowances for being one of 'us' but, as a footballer, he's very limited.

Composure on the ball is negligible and is forward passing is atrocious. I'm okay with him signing an extension as it sets a bit of a precedent for the others to hopefully follow but ultimately it feels like we need better if we're ever going to really push for the next level.

Not sure I agree fully. I take your points on his limitations, but he is growing into a leader, wins a lot of dirty stuff and he is passionate about the club and the fans. Losing him would be very bad imo. I think he's good enough to play for a team near the top. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure I agree fully. I take your points on his limitations, but he is growing into a leader, wins a lot of dirty stuff and he is passionate about the club and the fans. Losing him would be very bad imo. I think he's good enough to play for a team near the top. 

It’s his decision making that lets him down, that aspect of his game hasn’t improved in all the years he’s been in the first team. He’s too easily drawn to the ball.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't imagine there is anyone worth loaning from Scotland.  Any decent young player will be established in the first team so why would they loan him out?

Wonder if it is Matty Longstaff from Newcastle. Rumoured to be going out on loan and a local airport!

You wouldn't fly from Newcastle to Manchester to get to blackburn would you? Gotta be a little further afield surely?

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Lenihen is a no frills bog standard championship defender he gets through plenty of the dirty work.  When you look at the likes of Hanley he had more presence but football wise he was no better.

Capable of the odd cock up and selfish acts as well so both are probably where they should be right now. One at a yoyo club the other middle of the road second tier but if Lenihen can improve his composure a bit he can still improve his status.

He's 27, if he hasn't developed some composure by now forget it. For me, it's also one of those things which can only be coached to a certain extent - the core of it is instinctual and sadly he hasn't got it.

I wouldn't mind that lad Liam Delap from City if we're only looking at young loanees. Phenomenal record in PL2 and very highly rated. Was talking to a city fan in the pub on Friday & he said he's actually a big lad, not your typical teenager. 

Plus, If we can get his dad to show him how to take a thrown in....😄

• Like 1