BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well said chaddy.

Lets hope we are on the way with a permanent striker signing whoever that is whether its a foreign striker or a striker from Championship or League 1 club but someone who can score goals and bring us the quality we need to our attacking play 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not really 

And then after hours of studying the "data" you make some enquiries with his agent and discover his wage demands are out of our League which makes the whole exercise entirely pointless.

Although in Rovers' case we seem to plug doggedly on anyway, putting an "offer" on the table which is never likely to be accepted then act all hard done to when nothing happens all summer then the player eventually moves elsewhere.

As opposed to hours spent on scouting trips, then putting in the enquiries and failing which makes the whole exercise entirely pointless. Your issue that you've described isn't with the scouting method, it's with the actual transfer approaches. Which we are shambolic at.

39 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

As opposed to hours spent on scouting trips, then putting in the enquiries and failing which makes the whole exercise entirely pointless. Your issue that you've described isn't with the scouting method, it's with the actual transfer approaches. Which we are shambolic at.

No, I meant why would Joe spend hours doing such a thing?

He isn't employed by the Club (or anyone else) to do so unless I've misunderstood.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He isn't employed by the Club (or anyone else) to do so unless I've misunderstood.

I obviously misunderstood your question, apologies mate. I don't discuss details online but I do undertake work in the area within the game. Some of it comes down to hobby though! The only role I undertake at Rovers is local scouting at youth level.

Edited by JoeH

24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No, I meant why would Joe spend hours doing such a thing?

Fair enough, the part about putting enquiries in with the agents made it seem otherwise. Think Joe just enjoys it and is interested.

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

I obviously misunderstood your question, apologies mate. I don't discuss details online but I do undertake work in the area within the game. Some of it comes down to hobby though! The only role I undertake at Rovers is local scouting at youth level.

Cheers.

We would probably still disagree at the end of the day as to how useful the data actually is but that puts most of your posts in this area into the proper perspective.

13 hours ago, bluebruce said:

They're not even discussing data, they're discussing an actual scouting tool that involves watching clips. Not that having a thread for data means it can never ever be referenced here anyway, any more than a Mowbray thread stops his name cropping up here.

and nobody even mentioned those scouting tools. The original post asked if anyone had an opinion on a player and that 'highlights' and 'stats' dont count. Then we're dragged into scouting tools once again. 

12 hours ago, JoeH said:

Someone asked a question about scouting tools in relevance to transfers and signings. I've said it before and I'll say it again, data and data analysis is going to come up naturally from time to time on this thread.

If you have an issue with my posts, or other posters bringing up data in football or asking questions about the tools and programmes in the transfers thread, use the "ignore" function and leave it be?

As @bluebrucehas rightly pointed out, this short (two/three post) conversation (which I'd argue was relevant but hey ho) has taken this topic no further off thread than chats about Mowbray, Waggott, Brockhall, the state of Ewood Park or any other topic have taken the thread over the 382 pages it has.

No they didnt. You replied to a post where somebody said 'highlights' dont count. Then chimed in with your its not highlights blah-de-blah and went on about tools.

18 hours ago, JohnGo said:

How many on this site have seen these young players in action? I know I haven’t so I don’t comment on them. Reading statistics and watching highlights don’t count.

17 hours ago, JoeH said:

It's not highlights. Clips of every mistimed tackle, every missed header, every shot blazed over, every pass wayward, every yellow card given, every penalty conceded, EVERYTHING are available on these platforms. Sure on social media, highlights packages and fun clips of players scoring goals are going to do well and get shared for that reason, but if you spend an hour or two watching clips (positive and negative) on ONE player, you definitely know a bit about them.

It might not be the same as scouting a player in person, but you know what foot they use, what positions they pick up, what they're good at and not good at (in general). 

I get the idea that data and video analysis isn't the same as watching a player week in week out, but surely you can see there's some value in watching clips of a player?

Lets not make things up Joe, I see no questions there.

23 minutes ago, AAK said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but I believe Poveda-Ocampo is signing on loan from Leeds, winger around 20 years old I think.

Looks a nice player from what I saw of him.  Small, quick and similar to AA. Probably a bit more technically gifted than AA.

24 minutes ago, AAK said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but I believe Poveda-Ocampo is signing on loan from Leeds, winger around 20 years old I think.

New name and possibly the guy Waggott was talking about on Saturday? Played 14 times in Premier League but supposed to have had a fall out with Bielsa.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19530342.blackburn-rovers-expect-busy-transfer-market/

"I would hope, as I’ve said from the very start, that that we could at least fill our loan quota of five and bring people in to help this group.”

Based on what he has said, I cannot see any permanent signings being made.

This doesnt sound too promising either: "fees could be paid for the right target and fitting in with an expected recruitment policy of players under the age of 24."

Poveda-Ocampo has impressed when I have seen him for Leeds, usually off the bench. Although I would find it strange if we used 2 of our remaining loans on wingers with Khadra too, so if there is any truth in that, maybe it is due to Khadra being injured? Doesn't fit the criteria set out by Waggott regarding the imminent signing as he is only at Leeds and he is not a number 10.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Poveda-Ocampo is a tricky little player. Would be very happy with that signing. A bit out of the blue this one, so it would be a pleasant surprise to see it happen.

Little being the operative word. He is under 5'5" which ordinarily wouldn't be a problem but in my view we have too many small players. Looking at West Brom on Saturday and reading lots of comments it's fair to say that their physicality will be a huge asset to them this season and could be the main factor in promotion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Thanks for sharing AAK. Look a good tricky player and has talent. 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19530342.blackburn-rovers-expect-busy-transfer-market/

"I would hope, as I’ve said from the very start, that that we could at least fill our loan quota of five and bring people in to help this group.”

Based on what he has said, I cannot see any permanent signings being made.

This doesnt sound too promising either: "fees could be paid for the right target and fitting in with an expected recruitment policy of players under the age of 24."

Poveda-Ocampo has impressed when I have seen him for Leeds, usually off the bench. Although I would find it strange if we used 2 of our remaining loans on wingers with Khadra too, so if there is any truth in that, maybe it is due to Khadra being injured? Doesn't fit the criteria set out by Waggott regarding the imminent signing as he is only at Leeds and he is not a number 10.

Well there is a number of strikers we could get permanent for the right fee who fit into the under 23 age bracket. Mowbray stop with the bloody excuses and get on with signing one. You should have had this sorted by now and within days of AA sale. But we need a striker in.. He would fit this supposedly recruitment of not signing players over the aged 24 now. But if this is the supposedly transfer policy now why have been linked with Healey through the Rich Sharpe of the LT? Lets see what the next 8 days bring now

I don;t see us signing 2 wingers on loan this window, so its one of the winger but not. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

44 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks a nice player from what I saw of him.  Small, quick and similar to AA. Probably a bit more technically gifted than AA.

Lets hope he likes playing false 9 with Gallagher whipping the crosses in from the wing!

(Seriously Gallagher on the right wing for literally two years has to be the strangest long term strategy I have ever seen in football, Rovers or elsewhere.  In all that time it has only looked effective in maybe four or five games.

To be fair to Mowbray he has shown that it works with Brereton on the other side so fair play, but surely it's time to give up on Gallagher? Perhaps that is why we are signing wingers? But given we've played Gallagher wide right every game so far, and played Dolan and now Clarkson centrally I think this bizarre state of affairs will continue).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Would be shocked if that happens.

Watched a lot of leeds last year as my house mate was a diehard leeds fan, so saw Poveda quite a lot. He’s quality and looked very useful as an impact player in the prem last season. Would be a class signing.

• Like 3