BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Until it is announced people should stop slating others for views/opinions furthermore stop speculating it will have an effect on what i have mentioned earlier !

No issues with people having views and opinions when they have actually watched a player. When they haven't, it comes accross as really , really stupid. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Looks fairly bulky. Given he is supposed to be quite fast, I'm assuming that's muscle and therefore he is quite strong?

Yes. He's strong,stocky and fast. When he came on the scene first , Arsenal and United were linked. He has scored a Premier League goal at 18 years old

For all those ITKs 🙄 questioning his talent, fitness and ability without having ever seen him play. 

I am excited about this signing. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes. He's strong,stocky and fast. When he came on the scene first , Arsenal and United were linked. He has scored a Premier League goal at 18 years old

For all those ITKs 🙄 questioning his talent, fitness and ability without having ever seen him play. 

I am exciting about this signing. 

Have you seen much of him?

I have seen him a few times for Southampton and he looked very raw, lots of good assets but big questions over whether he could get a decent number of goals over a full season. It would be good to sign a permanent player to develop though.

I was looking on Southampton forums and there seemed to be a lot of insinuations suggesting that he has suffered numerous muscle injuries stemming from a lack of professionalism.

Newcastle won't like it. We're playing a big game of chess here to avoid giving them more. It's clever. Hopefully it's passable in the EFL's eyes, but God they love to stitch up a member club.

1 hour ago, Lucimo said:

I don't think they've got a bargain at all. Think we've done well to get that for a player in the last year of his contract, who in my opinion is a flat track bully, and who'll go the same way as Rhodes and gestede before him. 

Perhaps, but I’m thinking more in terms of the current market. Think you’d get Ivan Toney for that? I think Armstrong is better.

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Ignoring fee for a second, does anyone actually think or what to state a case that Armstrong won't be a massive flop in the Premier League.

I genuinely think he'll be back in the championship in 18 months time, with or without Southampton. 

(Sorry lurking Saint's fans).

He’s quick, good movement, good engine... he’s much more of a PL player than those two

I hope he does well, he hasn’t messed us about and seems a decent lad.

PUT THE SHUTTERS DOWN SHOP CLOSED

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Have you seen much of him?

I have seen him a few times for Southampton and he looked very raw, lots of good assets but big questions over whether he could get a decent number of goals over a full season. It would be good to sign a permanent player to develop though.

I was looking on Southampton forums and there seemed to be a lot of insinuations suggesting that he has suffered numerous muscle injuries stemming from a lack of professionalism.

Isn't there always question marks over whether a striker can get a decent number of goals over a season? He wouldn't be unique in that regard. Same will be said of Armstrong .

I agree about the raw with good assets part. He definitely has something about him and I believe he's better than anyone we would sign for a fee this window. 

I haven't heard anything about him being unprofessional to be honest. Did they go into details? 

There was a bit of a falling out with Kenny ,the Ireland manager. Seems he wasn't happy been told to go back to the under 21s. A lot of people were surprised by that as we have very poor strikers at the minute and Obafemi looks promising. I don't really like Kenny though. I think he's way out of his depth, so I wouldn't take too much from that with regards Obafemis attitude or professionalism. All expectations were that he would be with the senior team. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

imo Nyambe should be the top priority if there's any money spare for contracts, followed by Kaminsky, then Lenihan, then Rothwell.

I like Rothwell and he probably would do better under a different manager but I still wouldn't say he's absolutely top drawer. Look at that miss on Saturday - needs to add goals to his game.

I don't think there is a better midfield player in the league running with the ball at his feet - the guy is like a rolls royce when running from deep. However, as with Saturday, his contribution is limited by inconsistent passing and lack of end product.

Even with only a year of his contract left - has to be worth around a couple of million.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

What pearls of wisdom have you two ever come up with?

come up with what? 

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Ignoring fee for a second, does anyone actually think or what to state a case that Armstrong won't be a massive flop in the Premier League.

I genuinely think he'll be back in the championship in 18 months time, with or without Southampton. 

(Sorry lurking Saint's fans).

I think Armstrong will score goals in the PL and will fit Southampton style and tactics there play under HassenHuttl

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

We chose to send them our academy produced goalkeeper for a relatively small fee. Mowbray sanctioned that. Fast forward 2 years and they are in the PL, and Raya will be worth £10 million+. They also will ensure he is under contract.

So the mugs were Rovers. Putting in years of hard work and effort to develop Raya into a good goalkeeper, showing patience and faith and then deciding to offload him to a Championship rival at the first sign of interest, they pick up a young keeper that is on his way to big things but needs polishing up.

Brentford have reaped the rewards of our academy. Us? Well we got some money, which was promptly all spent on Sam Gallagher. We've ended up with a good goalkeeper but he's out of contract next year so we can predict which way that one is going.

and who cost Brentford promotion the previous season by making a massive mistake in the Playoff final. We were still right to sell Raya and don't forget he wanted out of here aswell. Something you forget to post. We got a better keeper in Kaminski and for a bargain price. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

The Alex Neil one came from family with good connections to PNE.  All I would say is don't right that one off just yet!

I think it's better for this MB if the likes of you and @chaddyroversstopped having a pop at me as I'm sure other members find it boring and tedious.

unbelievable you are still keeping this Alex Neil link to the Rovers job even after 8 months of linking here. Maybe its time to stop these sort of posting. 

Not having a pop but posting the things you get wrong. But I will call a truce now between us Mercer. Is this ok Mercer?

Edited by chaddyrovers

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

imo Nyambe should be the top priority if there's any money spare for contracts, followed by Kaminsky, then Lenihan, then Rothwell.

I like Rothwell and he probably would do better under a different manager but I still wouldn't say he's absolutely top drawer. Look at that miss on Saturday - needs to add goals to his game.

We have a bit longer to sort Kaminski as we have a years option on him but agreed Nyambe should be priority and Brererton

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Newcastle won't like it. We're playing a big game of chess here to avoid giving them more. It's clever. Hopefully it's passable in the EFL's eyes, but God they love to stitch up a member club.

I think Rovers and Newcastle have a great relationship so why would anyone jeopardise that? I am sure deals like this happen all the time but even a snake like maggot won’t be able to get the upper hand in negotiations with fat Ashley and co

There was a huge rush to call Obafemi up to the senior Ireland squad. Wanted to avoid a Gealish and Rice scenario. There was interest from England and Nigeria. 

Reading the Southampton forums there. Some saying he's worth more than £6 million, some saying they don't care that he's leaving. 

In today's market, he is worth a go at that price for sure. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, phili said:

He is correct on Neil, during April and May, four managers were sounded out by Pasha and HSH to take over from Mowbray during the summer, with Neil being one of them. I think two others were Pulis and Jones.

All 4 rejected us, Neil because he didn't agree with downsizing of academy and training ground, no transfer budget and a reduction of player budget etc.

Sounds correct

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

come up with what? 

I think Armstrong will score goals in the PL and will fit Southampton style and tactics there play under HassenHuttl

and who cost Brentford promotion the previous season by making a massive mistake in the Playoff final. We were still right to sell Raya and don't forget he wanted out of here aswell. Something you forget to post. We got a better keeper in Kaminski and for a bargain price. 

unbelievable you are still keeping this Alex Neil link to the Rovers job even after 8 months of linking here. Maybe its time to stop these sort of posting. 

Not having a pop but posting the things you get wrong. 

I am very happy with Kaminski and think he has been great. Yet, I don't see PL teams testing our resolve for him while Raya is now a PL starter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

This is an SOS to any Venkys employees reading this.

Do not give this man money to spend before prioritising contracts for Ben Brereton, Thomas Kaminski, Joe Rothwell, Ryan Nyambe and Darragh Lenihan.

We need to be offer better contracts to these but also marketing and selling Rovers shirts in Chile with Brereton Diaz. Its a huge market we should be tapping into and getting money from. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Not that Dolan is a good finisher, but is this fella any better, where is the evidence? The video is worrying in that he looks like he can run at players but there is nothing at the end of it. A player with less than 10 minutes of senior football is always a bit of an uncalculated risk really, hard to not be underwhelmed when we have been linked with loanees like Rodgers who have had success at least at a lower level and when he is replacing Elliott.

Thats why he is being loan to us so we can develop similar to when you want is to loan players like Vale or Carter last season. 

I don't know the player but I watched the clips and if we sign him then I will judge in the flesh. He would give his pace wide which we need. 

Think we need to forget Elliott as we look like we will be playing differently this season and playing more on the counter attack and use our pacey quick players, and closing down from the front. Do you not think that style suits us more?

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I think the issue then comes in trying to claim they're legitimately independent. Should Newcastle come wanting their share via the courts etc. But I'm only speculating.

if you have 2 different deal sheets handled in to the EFL to approve can Newcastle complain?

58 minutes ago, phili said:

He is correct on Neil, during April and May, four managers were sounded out by Pasha and HSH to take over from Mowbray during the summer, with Neil being one of them. I think two others were Pulis and Jones.

All 4 rejected us, Neil because he didn't agree with downsizing of academy and training ground, no transfer budget and a reduction of player budget etc.

We haven't downsize the academy or training ground and I don't see them doing it currently cos of the fans backlash from it and Brockhall residents. 

Jones? Dave Jones or Graeme Jones or Nathan Jones?

Edited by chaddyrovers

Assuming he comes, we should not be paying any money for Obafemi

The lad's scored 4 goals in 32 games in his career, had just 19 minutes of first-team football in the whole 2020-21 season  and underwent a serious operation in January

I bet Southampton can't believe their luck 

The fact he's an Ireland international is irrelevant. They're so poor my 80-year-old Irish relative would get a game

Edit: and he's got an attitude problem

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/southampton-fc-news/saints-michael-obafemi-hasenhuttl-st-marys/

Edited by jim mk2