BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

33 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You checked his wiki and are now claiming to be some kind of expert ,running the rule on his ability, career and fitness without ever seen him play. It's actually embarassing.

Ability: Southampton fans aren't that bothered he's going

Career: Stats speak for themselves

Fitness: His record isn't good

Instead of embarrassing yourself with ad hominem attacks perhaps you'd like to explain why (apart from the fact he's young and "might" improve) he would be a good signing and why we should pay good money for him?

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

@chaddyroverssee post from @philire Alex Neil.

I posted after the Bournemouth match I thought Mowbray would be potted within 72 hours (others also posted to similar affect).  I think it's clear moves were afoot to replace Mowbray.

I think the Alex Neil 'thing' is far from dead. and more on that IF Neil is appointed.

Some stuff happens, some stuff doesn't, that's football - just accept that and also accept folk post in good faith and I've got enough right for folk to accept that. 

Mercer, if you look properly through the thread you will see a reply. 

Mercer, your info was wrong. simple as. Mowbray wasn't potted and Neil isn't coming here. 

have you got enough right? what 2 things out of probably thousand supposedly inside info?

Obafemi has a terrible record with hamstring injuries, missing large parts of the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons then having surgery earlier this year for a "leg muscle" injury. Any other club would steer well clear but Mowbray.......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

Obafemi has a terrible record with hamstring injuries, missing large parts of the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons then having surgery earlier this year for a "leg muscle" injury. Any other club would steer well clear but Mowbray.......

Loan with an agreement in place to sign next season - if he does ok-  would be the only sensible scenario.

• Like 1

Just now, alcd said:

Our physios will make sure he is fit to sign. We do have some physios don’t we? 🥺

• Like 1

It just sounds like typical Venkys only going after potentially better managers when they are embarking on a downscale and there's nothing in the pot.

Exactly the same with Lambert after Bowyer that then lead to that desperado Coyle.

Utter imbeciles especially after squandering so much on Mowbrays lame attempt at the top ten.

That is IF any of this is true. 

Looking back on Mowbrays words and demeanor last season i'd say it's entirely plausible. Nobody worth their sat will work for this lot though when they aren't being generous. 

They still haven't learned if you want to bring a good name to Blackburn Rovers you have to pay them and back them.  These lot would employ Ricky Tomlinson if he turned up, said he had expercience and would do it for £15 an hour plus free bar tab !

Let’s not talk about off the field antics. Bradley Dack was the biggest off the field issue guy when he first came here and in time he grew. Let’s give Obafemi a chance if it happens. 

It’s not one I’m personally desperate to see, but I won’t be writing him off before he’s even signed his name

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Even with only a year of his contract left - has to be worth around a couple of million.

For a couple of million, even less point selling him then Armstrong for a net £7m or £8m.

Be better off keeping him for the season.

Bet TM wouldn't have any compunction about paying a £1m loan fee for a youngster from Liverpool or Citeh.

2 hours ago, phili said:

He is correct on Neil, during April and May, four managers were sounded out by Pasha and HSH to take over from Mowbray during the summer, with Neil being one of them. I think two others were Pulis and Jones.

All 4 rejected us, Neil because he didn't agree with downsizing of academy and training ground, no transfer budget and a reduction of player budget etc.

If that is true then we can see the iceberg up ahead.

When a bloke who has just been binned off by PNE is rejecting you because of budget cuts and academy cuts then you have problems. Bearing in mind PNE have a tin pot academy setup and small budgets by Championship standards.

Pulis has had nothing but a poor short stint at Sheffield Wednesday at this level in the last 2 years. He will be desperate for a Championship job.

And who is Jones? Nathan Jones? Or Dave Jones?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

For a couple of million, even less point selling him then Armstrong for a net £7m or £8m.

Be better off keeping him for the season.

Bet TM wouldn't have any compunction about paying a £1m loan fee for a youngster from Liverpool or Citeh.

I must admit - I would keep him if that is all we could get - but do you think we could get more ? It would be interesting to know how his salary compares - can't imagine he is one of the big wage earners.

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

And now he's in the PL with Brentford whilst we would consider 21st in the Championship a good season.

So he's come out of that deal the better off, as have Brentford.

Weird logic where people still try to justify player sales when the ex player is now a league above us.

A bit like the folk who went on about Rhodes going to Middlesbrough yet he got a promotion and a shot at the PL. OK it didn't work out but it beats relegation to League One.

We got Kaminski a year after selling Raya. So in between we had Walton, yet another loan, who was poor. We wasted 12 months of our FFP cycle and now look at us - you reckon having to slash costs to comply with the rules. Yes Kaminski is good, and we got him at a good price. Also looks like we are going to lose him at a bargain price too. What do you have to say about that?

If Raya wanted out of here to join Brentford then that says more about this setup than it does about him. An academy graduate who had made the grade, established himself as Number 1 and won promotion the year before - wanting to leave us to join Brentford? Why??

Why do you just accept these things as though it is normal and unavoidable for decent players to want out to join other Championship clubs? I find it concerning and alarming.

The manager didn't rate Raya.I agree it was stupid to sell him,but would you want to stay if your manager kept throwing you under the bus and blaming you for the clubs defensive issues 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The manager didn't rate Raya.I agree it was stupid to sell him,but would you want to stay if your manager kept throwing you under the bus and blaming you for the clubs defensive issues 

He did make a shed load of mistakes. I was happy for him to go, we have a suitable replacement 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He did make a shed load of mistakes. I was happy for him to go, we have a suitable replacement 

Raya is worth 10 million + now.Yeah he made mistakes as all young goalkeepers do but it didn't help matters playing behind the defence we had.Kaminski good signing and been very good but no way was it the correct decision to let Raya go 

• Like 6