BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

It's vague on what professionalism,or lack thereof means. Drinking, not eating right, just not training. Hard to know..could be case that he's one of these young lads who let it go to their heads. A fresh start could be good. He's only 21 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is. Let's see if he is next season. There are huge question marks over Raya 

I agree, but its a bit odd labelling Kaminski as the better GK when we bought him for peanuts, sold Raya for a few million and the latter is now worth 3 times that - Kaminski must be worth 20 million. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Assuming he comes, we should not be paying any money for Obafemi

The lad's scored 4 goals in 32 games in his career, had just 19 minutes of first-team football in the whole 2020-21 season  and underwent a serious operation in January

I bet Southampton can't believe their luck 

The fact he's an Ireland international is irrelevant. They're so poor my 80-year-old Irish relative would get a game

Well we will be paying a fee ,as he is under contract. Teams don't just give players away. Nobody is making the case that him being an Ireland international counts for anything.

You checked his wiki and are now claiming to be some kind of expert ,running the rule on his ability, career and fitness without ever seen him play. It's actually embarassing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's vague on what professionalism,or lack thereof means. Drinking, not eating right, just not training. Hard to know..could be case that he's one of these young lads who let it go to their heads. A fresh start could be good. He's only 21 

Totally agree, there’s nothing to say a situation at one club will repeat at another, but the bit about “playing one good game” is a worry. I think a lot of young players have a good game or a spell and become disenchanted that they haven’t nailed down a spot. If he comes to us, I hope it’s a positive for him and he can knuckle down and put the graft in. Still worth noting. I’ve seen another where the player himself admits he could be more professional, which I think is just about positive to see. Knowing you can do better is a strong attribute to have, if you want to succeed.

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Totally agree, there’s nothing to say a situation at one club will repeat at another, but the bit about “playing one good game” is a worry. I think a lot of young players have a good game or a spell and become disenchanted that they haven’t nailed down a spot. If he comes to us, I hope it’s a positive for him and he can knuckle down and put the graft in. Still worth noting. I’ve seen another where the player himself admits he could be more professional, which I think is just about positive to see. Knowing you can do better is a strong attribute to have, if you want to succeed.

We bought our Chilean superstar based on one good game. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, phili said:

Nathan Jones, with the academy and training ground they are looking at a sale and lease back arrangement at the moment.

is Jones a HSH client? 

I don't think that fans would be happy with that arrangement or residents. Suggest Waggott and Mowbray focus on signings and making sure we have a good squad for the season

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, phili said:

Nathan Jones, with the academy and training ground they are looking at a sale and lease back arrangement at the moment.

He had just gone back to Luton .

And find it hard to believe Pulis would turn us down, last year he was in the media praising our owners and saying how lucky Mowbray was to be given so long in the job

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phili said:

He is correct on Neil, during April and May, four managers were sounded out by Pasha and HSH to take over from Mowbray during the summer, with Neil being one of them. I think two others were Pulis and Jones.

All 4 rejected us, Neil because he didn't agree with downsizing of academy and training ground, no transfer budget and a reduction of player budget etc.

HSH? Nathan Jones?

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He had just gone back to Luton .

And find it hard to believe Pulis would turn us down, last year he was in the media praising our owners and saying how lucky Mowbray was to be given so long in the job

With Pulis might have been not wanting to work with the budgets available to him and enforced cutbacks etc.

Also I don't think he enjoyed his Sheffield Wednesday experience of having a foreign owner who doesn't know or understand how to run a football club.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There is no way Nathan Jones would turn the job down if offered it

This is just fans who claimed to be ITK scrambling desperately to cover their tracks because Mowbray didn't go during the summer after they told us it was a cert

I can't believe I am writing this but at this moment in time, what have we got to offer over Luton?

He went through a horror show at Stoke and they are well run behind the scenes.

3 minutes ago, phili said:

I can't believe I am writing this but at this moment in time, what have we got to offer over Luton?

He went through a horror show at Stoke and they are well run behind the scenes.

I'm not even going to respond what have we got to offer above Luton. It's fairly obvious. 

I'm sure Jones would have relished the budget and time Mowbray has gotten for the last 3 seasons. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I don't give a sh1t what you two lads think but at least give a balanced view and get your facts right

Clearly, you forget where I've been right on numerous occasions.

And for the record, Mullan did not break the news that Rovers had agreed a deal for Rhodes.  Check the postings if you've nothing better to do.  I posted that hours before anything in LT, on Radio Lancs or on here.  It came straight from the Huddersfield camp.

Who also posted about Seneca's attempt a few years ago to buy into Rovers some 24 / 48 hours before anything appeared anywhere!?

What pearls of wisdom have you two ever come up with?

You got 2 things right. Well done 😉

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There is no way Nathan Jones would turn the job down if offered it

You checked his wiki and are now claiming to be some kind of expert ,running the rule on his ability and career  It's actually embarassing.

1 hour ago, phili said:

He is correct on Neil, during April and May, four managers were sounded out by Pasha and HSH to take over from Mowbray during the summer, with Neil being one of them. I think two others were Pulis and Jones.

All 4 rejected us, Neil because he didn't agree with downsizing of academy and training ground, no transfer budget and a reduction of player budget etc.

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

unbelievable you are still keeping this Alex Neil link to the Rovers job even after 8 months of linking here. Maybe its time to stop these sort of posting. 

Not having a pop but posting the things you get wrong. But I will call a truce now between us Mercer. Is this ok Mercer?

@chaddyroverssee post from @philire Alex Neil.

I posted after the Bournemouth match I thought Mowbray would be potted within 72 hours (others also posted to similar affect).  I think it's clear moves were afoot to replace Mowbray.

I think the Alex Neil 'thing' is far from dead. and more on that IF Neil is appointed.

Some stuff happens, some stuff doesn't, that's football - just accept that and also accept folk post in good faith and I've got enough right for folk to accept that. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not even going to respond what have we got to offer above Luton. It's fairly obvious. 

I'm sure Jones would have relished the budget and time Mowbray has gotten for the last 3 seasons. 

That is the thing, the budget we had.  We no longer have that budget.