BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Nixon claiming it's essentially £15m + Obafemi (although Obafemi technically a separate deal to avoid any potential storm with Newcastle who may claim the deal is more like £20m).

If that's true then we've had a blinder there for someone in the last year of their contract. 

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 8

20 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So a crock who scored a few goals years ago

Sounds perfect for us

And Southampton want money for him?

"A crock" what a nasty sod. 

Here's a revolutionary idea, watch a player before running them into the ground. Giving your moronic views on players you haven't watched, comes across pretty silly. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Anything less than £4m for Obafemi is a good deal. Anything above I think we'd be best served avoiding it.

I'm openly saying I've never heard of this guy here... but 4 million quid for a 21 year old, with 12 months left on his deal, that has 5 goals in 38 first team appearances? Jesus I hope not, Joe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The Alex Neil one came from family with good connections to PNE.  All I would say is don't right that one off just yet!

My colleague in the NE like myself is an experienced financial professional with strong business connections and a wide range of contacts in the area (I'll leave it at that) so it would be no surprise if he picked something up.  As for 'finer details of the Armstrong deal', I did not say that - I posted £12m with £3m add ons which is not finer detail - funnily enough, someone else on this MB posted they've also read elsewhere it's  £12m with £3m add ons.

I think it's better for this MB if the likes of you and @chaddyroversstopped having a pop at me as I'm sure other members find it boring and tedious.

You also said Obafemi would be a loan.When Mowbray has confirmed to Sharpe it would be a permanent deal.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nixon adamant that Obafemi is coming this way on a permanent as part of this deal. Who knows. It's not going to be a replacement that replaces his goals straight away, another one for the future. But Armstrong himself was a fixer upper and we managed that

Would be pleased with that. We need more wingers afterall 😉

No but seriously, just having a replacement of good potential is about all we can hope for.

12 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Edit: That's probably what you meant. Keep the Armstrong fee relatively low and Obafemis price high but in reality based on our own valuations Obafemis price is lower than reported. If that makes sense 🙂

I presume if it was Armstrong for £15m + Obafemi we’d have to give Newcastle 40% of the market value of Obafemi. If we said Armstrong for £15m as a deal and Obafemi for £1 (as an example) as another deal, the Obafemi deal would be distinct from the Armstrong deal and his valuation wouldn’t come into it as far as Newcastle are concerned.

33 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Personally, although I hope he does well, just cannot see it. He needs a lot of chances, he is not what you would call clinical. His pace wont be as big a weapon in the PL, and that is basically one of his best assets. 

Still, hope he does continue to develop, improve and become a good PL striker.

I hope he continues to improve. I assume thats hiw we get the add ons. 

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

3. Dike - Abit of a wildcard, but the one who would excite me the most out of the lot. Excellent on loan at Barnsley last season, scored goals but was also credited for his power and all round play. People say we look a better overall team without Arma leading the line, well this lad would give us a chance to really improve on that. I think it’s one of the few players who would actually make us a more overall competitive team. Barnsley rumoured to be priced out of a 5-6m move by Orlando. Not sure if we could pay that? Interestingly I did hear last weekend from a pal of mine who follows football in the US very closely that we had asked about him earlier in the window. Have no clue how reliable that is. With the Arma money now coming in that might be one to keep an eye on. 

link on Dike loan/purchase cost

per the above link, the Barnsley fee was $20M  (~14M+ GBP) & 20% sell on moving forward

5-6M seems more reasonable if correct

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

4 million quid for a 21 year old, with 12 months left on his deal, that has 5 goals in 38 first team appearances? Jesus I hope not, Joe.

Who would probably get 4 million in tribunal.We all want experience and a track record but Obafemi has massive potential and will be ready to play championship football this season.Swansea had agreed a loan deal last January only for him to pick up an injury

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

This is an SOS to any Venkys employees reading this.

Do not give this man money to spend before prioritising contracts for Ben Brereton, Thomas Kaminski, Joe Rothwell, Ryan Nyambe and Darragh Lenihan.

Think Rothwell will be off considering the clubs that have been linked to him recently. He wont sign - no chance. Sheff Utd and Brentford sniffing around.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

God I really hope Rothwell doesn't leave. He looked great at the weekend. If Brentford are sniffing though......

Has he only a year left and well? 

Yep, contract on the table apparently same as with AA and Nyambe. None have signed, I wonder why? Lowball offers or they just want away from this setup?

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

God I really hope Rothwell doesn't leave. He looked great at the weekend. If Brentford are sniffing though......

Has he only a year left and well? 

Rothwell simply isn't Premiership quality so this is some agent stirring the pot!

7 minutes ago, rebelzero said:

link on Dike loan/purchase cost

per the above link, the Barnsley fee was $20M  (~14M+ GBP) & 20% sell on moving forward

5-6M seems more reasonable if correct

I believe their option to buy was around that figure however after that option was declined their were negotiations between the two clubs for a signicantly lower fee around 6m that were unsuccessful. My pal believes he’ll end up at Brom under his old manager

3 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Rothwell simply isn't Premiership quality so this is some agent stirring the pot!

Neither was Raya to some, but he is now. 

Think Rothwell gets a poor deal from some. Yes his end product is not always great but he isnt used right. Should be in midfield, not the forward line. Not many in this division can drive through midfield like he does. In the right setup, i think he could play at Pl level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers will sell Rhodes to Bolton and Wee Dougie? never happened

Rovers will be sold or in administration shortly? not happened

Alex Neil will be Rovers manager and he started that one last January and we are in August and it hasn't happened. 

So take your conclusion from that 

He is correct on Neil, during April and May, four managers were sounded out by Pasha and HSH to take over from Mowbray during the summer, with Neil being one of them. I think two others were Pulis and Jones.

All 4 rejected us, Neil because he didn't agree with downsizing of academy and training ground, no transfer budget and a reduction of player budget etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I’d rather have Rothwell putting himself in the shop window all season to leave on a free at the end of the season than sell him on the cheap.

Yet people seem happy for Armstrong to leave for relatively little benefit to us due to that ludicrous sell on clause.

To be fair though, although I'm not at all convinced by the prospect of Obafemi, IF the prospective deal was £15m cash plus a permanent deal for the player whose valuation is £4 -£6m then that £20m valuation is the sort of figure any deal should be going ahead at not the ridiculous £12m figure some people have been mooting

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Looks fairly bulky. Given he is supposed to be quite fast, I'm assuming that's muscle and therefore he is quite strong?

Like Alun Wynn Jones you mean?

My guess is that the Obefami deal is already agreed, just delaying it so it’s not part of the overall cost - to keep Newcastle’s cut down.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I’d rather have Rothwell putting himself in the shop window all season to leave on a free at the end of the season than sell him on the cheap.

imo Nyambe should be the top priority if there's any money spare for contracts, followed by Kaminsky, then Lenihan, then Rothwell.

I like Rothwell and he probably would do better under a different manager but I still wouldn't say he's absolutely top drawer. Look at that miss on Saturday - needs to add goals to his game.

• Like 1