BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

From recollection he was on loan from Orlando and went back 

re: Dike

back with Orlando in MLS.  Has not played much since returning from Barnsley.  2 goals in 4 games, but also spent 4-5 weeks away with the US squad for the Gold Cup (CONCACAF regional tournament).  Did well in opening play but didn't do as well in the later stages of the tournament.  Other US striker (Hoppe from Schalke, likely soon to be elsewhere after relegation last year) did better there.

Didn't know until it was mentioned in the Gold Cup that Dike has only been a professional player for one year.  (2 "academy" years in US university system too).  

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

That first clip is a belter, wide open space he runs into unopposed then it cuts out before we see the ball.

I’m going to assume it was a peach of a cross

Genuinely that's where the clip cut short. Think it actually lead to a shot on goal to be honest but I didn't self code these.

RE: the snippet posted in here. I posted around 6 minutes of clips on RK. This is just one small section focusing on his direct running on the ball. He's got other skills of course, but I certainly wasn't trying to advocate for signing a player based off those 45 seconds.

He's another Tyrhys Dolan in a nutshell. He runs with the ball, probably a slightly strong finisher than Ty but not much more too it. Certainly well thought of by the Brighton fans and a Borussia Dortmund graduate is always going to have some talent.

Edited by JoeH

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

But that would put him on similar numbers as AA, so why would Saints bother buying AA if they already had Obafemi?

Because the Premiership is a higher level!! That said, I'm not at all convinced Armstrong will cut it at the top level

5 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Because the Premiership is a higher level!! That said, I'm not at all convinced Armstrong will cut it at the top level

I know the PL is a higher level, but he said he thinks OBafemi would get 20 in the Championship. Something Arma just did. 

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Agree 15m straight is disappointing with the sell on. Contract situation fucks it up I suppose but I think Southampton have got a proper bargain there.

I don't think they've got a bargain at all. Think we've done well to get that for a player in the last year of his contract, who in my opinion is a flat track bully, and who'll go the same way as Rhodes and gestede before him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Why did why buy Davies when we already James Beattie ? Some managers aren’t as smart as they think they are.

One of the worst pieces of business we did, although Davies became an excellent player for Bolton and Beattie flopped at Everton, so you can never tell why players do well at some clubs and not at others.

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Genuinely that's where the clip cut short. Think it actually lead to a shot on goal to be honest but I didn't self code these.

Ah not criticism of you mate the effort is beyond what any of the rest of us are doing 

Just made me laugh as I was awaiting to see the cross 

Looks like Christmas will have come early for Venkys, Waggott and Mowbray if they can not only shift Armstrong but Rothwell as well.

Especially when 90% of the fanbase has already accepted all the excuses and will be delighted as long as we 'replace' them with a couple of u23 loans.

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, JoeH said:

RE: the snippet posted in here. I posted around 6 minutes of clips on RK. This is just one small section focusing on his direct running on the ball. He's got other skills of course, but I certainly wasn't trying to advocate for signing a player based off those 45 seconds.

He's another Tyrhys Dolan in a nutshell. He runs with the ball, probably a slightly strong finisher than Ty but not much more too it. Certainly well thought of by the Brighton fans and a Borussia Dortmund graduate is always going to have some talent.

With that said I hope another Dolan doesn’t hinder our own Dolan!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gav said:

The one good thing that we've seen over the past 10yrs from Venkys, is they'll will not have their pants pulled down when it comes to selling players.

Sorry Gav but I'm with roversfan99 on this one:

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It is a myth that Venkys always hold out for the highest fee, look at Cairney, Gestede and Duffy for example.

Not forgetting N'zonzi, Hanley, Raya, Dann and Olsson. Some of those were down to inept management and valuations.

A net profit of £10m for Armstrong is slightly disappointing, but Obafemi would be the deal maker/breaker.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Why?

He's scored 4 goals in 32 games for Southampton

The majority as a substitute. His minutes to goal involvement ratio is very good actually. Caveat though is the majority of his appearances were from 19/20, as he was injured for a lot of last season.

Edited by oozy

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Has anything Mercer said ever come true?

Maybe wait and see what actually happens first?

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers will sell Rhodes to Bolton and Wee Dougie? never happened

Rovers will be sold or in administration shortly? not happened

Alex Neil will be Rovers manager and he started that one last January and we are in August and it hasn't happened. 

So take your conclusion from that 

49 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He will be back on shortly to tell us that he broke the Rhodes to Rovers story on here even though it was Glen Mullan

I don't give a sh1t what you two lads think but at least give a balanced view and get your facts right

Clearly, you forget where I've been right on numerous occasions.

And for the record, Mullan did not break the news that Rovers had agreed a deal for Rhodes.  Check the postings if you've nothing better to do.  I posted that hours before anything in LT, on Radio Lancs or on here.  It came straight from the Huddersfield camp.

Who also posted about Seneca's attempt a few years ago to buy into Rovers some 24 / 48 hours before anything appeared anywhere!?

What pearls of wisdom have you two ever come up with?

• Like 2

Ignoring fee for a second, does anyone actually think or what to state a case that Armstrong won't be a massive flop in the Premier League.

I genuinely think he'll be back in the championship in 18 months time, with or without Southampton. 

(Sorry lurking Saint's fans).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd genuinely rather break his legs than let him go to Brentford.

I hate their model with a passion. It's killing football.

Because dumb clubs are letting good players go to them on the cheap.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I don't give a sh1t what you two lads think but at least give a balanced view and get your facts right

Clearly, you forget where I've been right on numerous occasions.

And for the record, Mullan did not break the news that Rovers had agreed a deal for Rhodes.  Check the postings if you've nothing better to do.  I posted that hours before anything in LT, on Radio Lancs or on here.  It came straight from the Huddersfield camp.

Who also posted about Seneca's attempt a few years ago to buy into Rovers some 24 / 48 hours before anything appeared anywhere!?

What pearls of wisdom have you two ever come up with?

Mercer the oracle, rejoice 🎉

28 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

But that would put him on similar numbers as AA, so why would Saints bother buying AA if they already had Obafemi?

Obafemi has the potential to do so, Armstrong has proven he can do it. Still, it'd be interesting to see whether he can replicate it in  the Premier League.